Looks like there is some hate coming from down south

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":137n641n said:
SMUG PETE!

I love smug Pete!

Well, the least Pete could have done, is sit down and cry while his boys were kicking the living shit out of them back in December.
I bet his Wife hates it when he chews gum in bed too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":345oc7ey said:
They sure seem whiny.

This board says the same stuff about the niners though.
Ya but, WE only say the same stuff about the niners, cuz it's true. 8)

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I'm a bandwagon Seahawks fan, but I went to Kansas State in the 1990s when Bill Snyder was building that program from garbage to contender. Now, it took Snyder 10 years to finally get over on Nebraska, but even prior to that, where was most of our hate coming from? The Big Red. Why? Because in 1991, we walked into their stadium, led most of the game, and lost at the last minute 38-31. We weren't lying down and getting our butts pounded anymore.

Even analysts hated us. We were on top of the Big 8/12 for awhile, but when Oklahoma beat us in 2000, Brent Musburger was absolutely giddy about a "traditional" program reclaiming its "rightful place."

Let's face it, the Seahawks "haven't won anything" yet, and the team down south with five Superb Owl rings is your Nebraska. The Forty-Whiner fans hate the idea that the once "lowly" team in Seattle has been built into a contender. Analysts secretly hate it too. Seattle is considered a "smaller market" without the "national appeal" of the larger cities. The Seahawks will get hate like this even if they win the Super Bowl. But then the really cool Kwakiutl osprey logo (which I always loved, even the old school one with the bright blue-and-silver unis) will be all over people you see in airports and malls, and people will have to give up the love ...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What other people think about the Hawks means squat. In fact, I think the players love the hate, they turn it into 53 chips, on shoulder.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Aerik":1q0n3i7k said:
Some Saints fan who stalked KJR online for a few days before callling in:

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/pages/ianfurness_page.html?article=11953224

Cajun tears are delicious!

Hilarious, I don't even know where to start. Dude calls in all cocky and tells us we're too cocky. "We can run the ball we just choose not to." Delicious.

Don't get me wrong, I expect a hard-fought game Saturday, but I also expect the Seahawks to pull away in the second half.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Not to justify their thinking, but I think a lot of people think Pete's act is phoney. That noone could be that upbeat and enthusiastic. We have seen enough of him close up over the last few years to know that it is genuine.

That "they've never one yet" criticism bugs me. So we can't be happy and confident about a 13-3 season because the Hawks haven't won a Super Bowl yet? Were Saints fans happy and confident when they won a couple of divisions prior to 2009? Or in some other cases, is it any better to be smug about championshiops won 20 or more years ago?

Jayburd14

Reaction score
I read in another thread from a Saints fan that a lot of the Pete Carroll hate stems from some Saints fans that happen to be LSU fans also. I guess in 2003 LSU and USC split the national championship and they hate it when Pete claimed it was a split championship.