London 2015?

kev007

Reaction score
Hey fellow 12's :D

London will be hosting three NFL games next season - Jags vs 'Boys, Falcons vs Lions and Raiders vs Dolphins.

Seems likely there'll be at least three games in 2015 - how about a Seahawks game?! Would be awesome to see Beastmode, LOB, Dangeruss et al running out at Wembley, especially if it was against the whiners :) Would be even more awesome if lots of 12's came over to take in the game and meet up with us UK fans.

Who's In?!

Kev

Brahn

Reaction score
kev007":31eb9krh said:

London will be hosting three NFL games next season - Jags vs 'Boys, Falcons vs Lions and Raiders vs Dolphins.

Seems likely there'll be at least three games in 2015 - how about a Seahawks game?! Would be awesome to see Beastmode, LOB, Dangeruss et al running out at Wembley, especially if it was against the whiners :) Would be even more awesome if lots of 12's came over to take in the game and meet up with us UK fans.

Who's In?!

Kev

I do not want the Hawks to play in England.

If we have to play in London I want to play the worse team in the league, the Jags will not be that in 2015.

McG

Reaction score
They would probably take one of our home games away if that were the case. The NFL doesn't exactly have a great history of treating Seattle well when it comes to "50-50"/neutral things like this.

OP
OP
K

kev007

Reaction score
Brahn":3nlkmy0v said:
kev007":3nlkmy0v said:

Who's In?!

Kev

I do not want the Hawks to play in England.

If we have to play in London I want to play the worse team in the league, the Jags will not be that in 2015.

As I understand it, the Jags will play one game at Wembley for the next three season but there will be two other games that will not feature them - so could be Seahawks vs one of the other 30 teams (assuming not Seahawks vs Jags!)

Kev

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
While soccer may be 150 years old in Europe....I pray that American football will take another 100 years to be established there. I can safely say that I won't be around these parts by that time! :roll:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
So far I've resisted the temptation to go to Wembley, there just hasnt been a game that I really wanted to see. I'd love to see the Seahawks "in the flesh" but I think it would be better in the US. I'd go to Wembley if they played here but it would be like drinking Diet Cola over regular.

kidhawk

Reaction score
To have a team play in London, they have to be willing to give up a home game. You can be certain the Seahawks won't want to give up any home games. If they do play it will have to be an away game, and the likelihood of that happening with the niners is nil since they are getting the new stadium soon and there's no way they are going to give up a home game at that point.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
McG":1fiu47lj said:
They would probably take one of our home games away if that were the case. The NFL doesn't exactly have a great history of treating Seattle well when it comes to "50-50"/neutral things like this.
It could just be our finely-honed sense of persecution talking, but it's pretty hard to imagine Seattle going to London and not giving up a home game to do so.

kidhawk

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":64a3qb8w said:
kidhawk":64a3qb8w said:
To have a team play in London, they have to be willing to give up a home game.
Is this known? Do teams have a choice? That'd be nice, if so.

As of now all the teams have volunteered. It could come to a point one day where they don't have volunteers, but so far it hasn't.

As long as you have teams that have troubles selling out home games, you'll have teams who will volunteer to have the London game because it's a money maker. Teams that consistently sell out are not going to want to go

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Kev, I know you are a fanatic but think of this that trip would seriously screw up our team as they'd travel an extra 8000 miles or so that season to play in London.

I hope they are perpetually exempt from making that trip as they already travel significantly more than any other team in the league every season.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kidhawk":34dvm2jx said:
To have a team play in London, they have to be willing to give up a home game. You can be certain the Seahawks won't want to give up any home games. If they do play it will have to be an away game, and the likelihood of that happening with the niners is nil since they are getting the new stadium soon and there's no way they are going to give up a home game at that point.

It could be that the NFL headquarters will "Mandate" that somebody in the NFC West play there!

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
kidhawk":1387aozq said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":1387aozq said:
kidhawk":1387aozq said:
To have a team play in London, they have to be willing to give up a home game.
Is this known? Do teams have a choice? That'd be nice, if so.

As of now all the teams have volunteered. It could come to a point one day where they don't have volunteers, but so far it hasn't.

As long as you have teams that have troubles selling out home games, you'll have teams who will volunteer to have the London game because it's a money maker. Teams that consistently sell out are not going to want to go
OK, based on this information, I'm willing to play the Turdinals or Rams in London. :lol:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1lailon1 said:
kidhawk":1lailon1 said:

It could be that the NFL headquarters will "Mandate" that somebody in the NFC West play there!

They may send someone there, but that doesn't mean it'll be a home game for them. It's an away game for one of them.

OP
OP
K

kev007

Reaction score
jammerhawk":294z4yxz said:
Kev, I know you are a fanatic but think of this that trip would seriously screw up our team as they'd travel an extra 8000 miles or so that season to play in London.

I hope they are perpetually exempt from making that trip as they already travel significantly more than any other team in the league every season.

Thanks man, been a fan since 84 - not easy following the Hawks as we were rarely on TV over here; remember waking up at 02:00 to listen to games broadcast on Armed Forces Radio which I could pick up here!

Much better now as we seem 5-6 live games a week plus highlight shows.

Agree it is highly unlikely the Hawks will play a game at Wembley :( so really going to look into travelling to Seattle next season to try and take in a game. Would even consider taking the Mrs even though she is a Cardinals fan... Would be awesome to meet up with 12's at C-Link :D

Kev

Cartire

Reaction score
kev007":2f3tnrbm said:
jammerhawk":2f3tnrbm said:

Thanks man, been a fan since 84 - not easy following the Hawks as we were rarely on TV over here; remember waking up at 02:00 to listen to games broadcast on Armed Forces Radio which I could pick up here!

Much better now as we seem 5-6 live games a week plus highlight shows.

Agree it is highly unlikely the Hawks will play a game at Wembley :( so really going to look into travelling to Seattle next season to try and take in a game. Would even consider taking the Mrs even though she is a Cardinals fan... Would be awesome to meet up with 12's at C-Link :D

Kev

Your eligible for legit access to GamePass, which I'm sure you already new. But that gives you every game live.

rastahawk

Reaction score
If they do come to London I am definitely there. I have been wanting to go Europe for the longest time. That will probably be the trigger for me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think way too many of our fans are scared of dropping an egg because of the travel time.

MAN THE FRIG UP!!! I'd be fine with a London game. Remember, the other team has to travel there, as well.