Lime Green Linings

McGruff

Reaction score
Watched the game on my 3 inch screen yesterday afternoon, and while there isn't much positive to say about a 9-3 loss to the worst team in the NFL, there were some individual players that stood out.

Frank Clark continues to look fantastic as an all around defensive lineman with significant upside and no glaring weaknesses in his game. When they move him inside, he's just a wreaking ball, and he doe a great job outside in pursuit.

Jarran Reed had another under the radar great game. He's more than just a gap controller, he's a guy who play off blocks to make tackles, which is a rare trait for a man his size.

Richard Sherman was Sherman-esque. The only time you hear his name is when he's making a play.

Justin Britt played another quality game inside, and I thought Gilliam held his own as well. Britt is playing up to his preseason potential and that's a very good thing.

Tyler Lockett recovered from a bad game last week to put up some clutch catches included some of those where he takes the hit without looking back. When he and Baldwin both were hurt, I knew we were going to have a tough time of it.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Man, if it ain't negative it gets no traction on overreaction monday.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Well, lime green and all that...he he he

But to be honest..seeing Frank Clark do some of his dancing was a great thing.

Sherman was on a lot of plays even tho he got beat up on one of them, he came back in stride. Still think he has the drive and the hustle to make a lot of things happen in the defense.

No E got hurt, went in and looked at it, and went back out and played very nicely. Thought he would be out the rest of the game. But he manned up when he really did not have to. Shows resilience.

Good points all.

Thanks McGruff.

White Devil

Reaction score
There's no room here for positive vibes on Overreaction Monday.

*but I do agree on your points. :2thumbs:

Laloosh

Reaction score
McGruff":sks1p9q2 said:
Man, if it ain't negative it gets no traction on overreaction monday.

Sad but true.

Clark and Lockett did look good. Marsh almost changed the game, less a few fingers finding their way inside of a facemask.

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":11b0m731 said:
Watched the game on my 3 inch screen yesterday afternoon, and while there isn't much positive to say about a 9-3 loss to the worst team in the NFL, there were some individual players that stood out.

Frank Clark continues to look fantastic as an all around defensive lineman with significant upside and no glaring weaknesses in his game. When they move him inside, he's just a wreaking ball, and he doe a great job outside in pursuit.

Jarran Reed had another under the radar great game. He's more than just a gap controller, he's a guy who play off blocks to make tackles, which is a rare trait for a man his size.

Richard Sherman was Sherman-esque. The only time you hear his name is when he's making a play.

Justin Britt played another quality game inside, and I thought Gilliam held his own as well. Britt is playing up to his preseason potential and that's a very good thing.

Tyler Lockett recovered from a bad game last week to put up some clutch catches included some of those where he takes the hit without looking back. When he and Baldwin both were hurt, I knew we were going to have a tough time of it.

Here's to your 3 inches!

hawker84

Reaction score
True there was some standouts in the game. Clark, Bennett, Kam had some good hits. Baldwin, Lockett, Micheal had some good runs. But question, if Rams are the worst team in the NFL, and held us to 3 points in a 9 - 3 loss, what does that make us? I certainly hope the Rams are not the worst team in football.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Haven't seen the stats but the Hawks D must surely be close to leading the entire NFL in Yds and PPG.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
McGruff":3hbte1pd said:

True on all accounts.
However pointing out the negatives from yesterday to many of us is just pointing out the truth and not overreacting. Just my 2 cents. :)

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
McGruff":xz1x4d6x said:

The only thing I read in your entire post was 3 inch screen, lol.

Hawks46

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":29erltdx said:
Haven't seen the stats but the Hawks D must surely be close to leading the entire NFL in Yds and PPG.

We lead the league in ppg and yards allowed.

Until Chicago only puts up 7 points against PHI, then they have us by 2 points. And Bad Jay has showed up, so it's possible.

Latest posts