Licking our chops

Chawker

Reaction score
With the 5th overall pick we our in a very good position to come away with a pro bowl caliber player. Just think there are 2 QBs and 2 defensive players off the board when we make our selection.

We can select a top player at a number of different positions, or even trade back, colecting a bunch more picks. We are in a very good spot, plus we have a good number of picks thanks to Russell Wilson. I can't wait to see what Pete and John do with this draft.

Cheers

sutz

Reaction score
We already have 10 picks. There's no real pressure to trade back just to get more. I guess we could ask for picks next year, but still... 🤷‍♂️

Chevy

Reaction score
With the 5th overall pick we our in a very good position to come away with a pro bowl caliber player. Just think there are 2 QBs and 2 defensive players off the board when we make our selection.

We can select a top player at a number of different positions, or even trade back, colecting a bunch more picks. We are in a very good spot, plus we have a good number of picks thanks to Russell Wilson. I can't wait to see what Pete and John do with this draft.

Cheers
As of today, with our 1st round #5 pick, I want either QB Anthony Richardson...

or OLB/DE Will McDonnald. He is finally getting talked about as high 1st round draft prospect. Mel Kiper had him going #8 overall in his latest mock.

JPatera76

Reaction score
As of today, with our 1st round #5 pick, I want either QB Anthony Richardson...

or OLB/DE Will McDonnald. He is finally getting talked about as high 1st round draft prospect. Mel Kiper had him going #8 overall in his latest mock.

Will McDonlad reminds me of a more polished version of a rookie Bruce Irvin when we drafted hom originally. Like that’s what OC wanted him to look like but he’s no where near that… even now imo

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

Cheers
No doubt, they are in a GREAT position at 5 and 20

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Chevy, unless Richardson lands with a QB whisperer coach that will let him sit for a year or two I don't ever see this kid making it.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If Chicago takes Anderson at #1 or 2, do the Cards still take Carter? That's a big question at this point. If not, and he's there at 5, then what? There will also likely be two of the top 4 qb's left at 5 also. Great problem to have!

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
We already have 10 picks. There's no real pressure to trade back just to get more. I guess we could ask for picks next year, but still... 🤷‍♂️
If you do trade back you’ll want picks next year to provide ammo to get in range for a ‘24 QB. Once you drop below the 4 top ’23 QBs there’s only long shots in Hooker & DTR.

Might even be worth throwing in a lower round ‘23 pick to secure a 1st round ‘24 in return.

nwHawk

Reaction score
When dealing with QBs, it’s about fit and attitude. Many of these guys have ability and tools, some more so than others.

But if a stud prospect goes to an organization that can’t develop or nurture him all is lost. Happens every year.

Put a lesser prospect with a stud coach and system and magic can happen. See Purdy.

Chevy

Reaction score
Chevy, unless Richardson lands with a QB whisperer coach that will let him sit for a year or two I don't ever see this kid making it.
Richardson is the most polarizing prospect in the draft. So, I'm alright if I'm in the minority as viewing him as a top-5 prospect in this draft.