Let's Prove Him Wrong.

themunn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3c7dkye2 said:
:34853_doh:

Let's move on.

I think that's a good idea, I don't think I'm expressing my point clearly enough and we're probably falling apart over ambiguity.

samwize77

Reaction score
TJH, are you more afraid of failure or embarrassment? I'm pretty sure that theres not going to be any embarrassment involved here even if they don't set the record. From my chair I can only see positive results. Its gonna be fun, its gonna be another feather in the 12th mans cap, record or not, because its going to be insanely loud. And its going to help our Hawks. Yup, theres nothing to gain or get from this. Best not try.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I don't personally care if we get that highly suspect world record. I just want to be proved the loudest in the NFL. There are other NFL cities getting in on this, and I just want to convincingly blow them away, and that would give us all the bragging rights we need. I wish they'd do it in every NFL stadium so we could just put the whole thing to bed. I would also like more information on this Turkish soccer record. Was Guinness there with all the best equipment specifically to log the record? Or was it recorded by the stadium or team personnel? I highly doubt that 50k people in a stadium not specifically constructed to reflect sound back down to the field could reach such an astounding reading, or merely be louder than us with 70k + on any given game day. They need to assemble a team of sound experts and scientist to debunk that crap. And if it was because the crowd was doing chants in unison, as has been suggested, maybe we need the loudest GO.....SEAHAWKS we've ever done.

NorCal

Reaction score
I don't believe in that record from Turkey either. I am more interested in seeing the comparison from SEA and KC when they try this later on. I bet the discussion of who is the loudest in the NFL will ramp up for that.

As for Sunday, I anticipate the Clink to be absolutely bonkers when the 9ers have their first possession. It will be interesting to see how they deal with it. There is no way they will be able to make any kind of adjustments at the line of scrimmage like they tend to do. I wonder if they will have hard scripted plays or some nonverbal means of communication. I could see this being a good situation to have cue cards, a la Philly, to have the team make adjustments.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
TJH":36alutfh said:
This was a bad idea from the start. It's going to be disapointing/embarassing when we don't make it.

I've noticed almost every single one of your posts have a negative tone to them. Lighten up a little, yo.

RezHawk

Reaction score
I am in the lower seats of section 319 so if any of you in sections 118 or 119 get hit by a tumbling lung please except my apologies in advance.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
It would be cool to see us win the record, as difficult as it may be.

To be the loudest in the NFL? That'd be a fantastic stat to own.

But I really only care that we're loud when we should be on D causing the disruptions the 12th man is known for, but also know when to ease up on O. Any other stat we own is gravy.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Make a shrill whistle noise with your fingers in your mouth. Practice before the game but rest up on Saturday.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
RezHawk":13imtqmn said:
I am in the lower seats of section 319 so if any of you in sections 118 or 119 get hit by a tumbling lung please except my apologies in advance.

This is a hilarious comment. Well done sir

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Didn't a Rams fan awhile back suggest everyone bring empty water bottles in the stadium and then scrunch them with your hands to make noise? I think that guy was on to something.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
That would be lame-ass cheating. Let the loser Rams do stuff like that. We at the Clink will eject bloody chunks our liver screaming.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
How about a shift in perspective? Instead of the "set-up for failure" on the global level, we nut up and do it BETTER THAN ITS EVER BEEN DONE in an NFL stadium?! We aim for the stars (world record) and in the mean time set the bar so freakin' high that no other NFL stadium could even come close?! C'mon 12's!!! Make the most noise you can for that first 9ers' possession and let the numbers fall where they may.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3tojyqla said:
How about a shift in perspective? Instead of the "set-up for failure" on the global level, we nut up and do it BETTER THAN ITS EVER BEEN DONE in an NFL stadium?! We aim for the stars (world record) and in the mean time set the bar so freakin' high that no other NFL stadium could even come close?! C'mon 12's!!! Make the most noise you can for that first 9ers' possession and let the numbers fall where they may.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

I pictured a very annoying PTA mom giving this speech and it just made me not care about the record even more....

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
themunn":2s22w7it said:
RolandDeschain":2s22w7it said:
themunn":2s22w7it said:
Vuvuzelas are an african and south american thing, european countries don't rely on "noisemakers", they sing songs or chant.

someone posted a video of galatasaray breaking the record yesterday or the day before

The loudest part of that is the chanting. Noisemakers? Please. When you have 50,000+ people perfectly in sync shouting the same thing, it's always going to be loud.

Furthermore, the whole beastquake was almost certainly not caused by sound, but by fans jumping up and down celebrating. What do you think is more likely to cause a seismic shock - 65,000 people shouting or 65,000 people jumping up and down?
As Grumpy said, soccer fans use noise-making devices of some kind all over. Not vuvuzelas specifically in Europe, true, but I've seen plenty of fans using various implements.

Also, the seismic activity thing being caused by fans jumping up and down? Please. Almost the entire stadium is concrete. These aren't reverberating aluminum stands, for crying out loud. Go jump up and down on some concrete then come back and tell me what's what caused it. Nobody was jumping DURING the run, (when the activity was recorded) people started jumping right after the run FINISHED. I was there.

Concrete is MORE likely to cause a seismic shock, that's basic physics (Newton's third law). The reverberating aluminium stand means that the force is being dissipated. Put a rock on your hand and hit it and then put a pillow on your hand and hit it. Which shock do you feel more? Seismology isn't measuring the force in the stadium, it's measuring the force in the ground, if the concrete isn't shaking where do you think the impact of you hitting the ground is being felt?
If the stadium isn't shaking it means the ground is shaking (albeit not as noticeably, but enough to be picked up by seismic instruments)

If you don't believe me, try an experiement yourself with a hard object and a soft object on a tabletop with a glass of water on the other side of the table. When you hit the top of the hard object, the water will ripple more than when you hit the top of the soft object.
BS. Concrete deflects the energy--bounces it back into your foot. Let's try an experiment: Set up a glass of water on a concrete pillar. Now smash your face into it.

Riley12

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":30sb35qd said:
I can't wait till this gimmick is over so we don't have to do it anymore. We are already recognized as the loudest in the league. This exercise has no positive benefits.

Totally agree.

We yell to disrupt the game and celebrate, not to create an incessant, annoying whine like those freakish plastic horns from hell.

I also dislike that this is all generated by that "Volume 12" group. I'm not part of a corporation. I'm a fan of a team.

themunn

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2p6xqxhe said:
BS. Concrete deflects the energy--bounces it back into your foot. Let's try an experiment: Set up a glass of water on a concrete pillar. Now smash your face into it.

What the **** are you talking about.
"Deflect" energy?
There's no such thing.

Go learn some elementary physics and come back if you want to debate this - but you won't, because you'll realise how wrong you are.

Better yet (and far quicker), smash a sledgehammer against a concrete block and tell me how that energy is "deflected"

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Just be loud when the 9er 'O' is in. Nobody cares what some "gobble, gobble jive" country did anyhow.

pinksheets

Reaction score
We'll break the record when everyone at once realizes they forgot to set their DVR for Breaking Bad and screams "OH SH-T!"

Reaneypark

Reaction score
pinksheets":ihe2npp4 said:
We'll break the record when everyone at once realizes they forgot to set their DVR for Breaking Bad and screams "OH SH-T!"

Yup. Holy Crap what a cliffhanger last week!