Let's Get This One Thing Straight…

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And it's obvious that someone on a message board knows more than a future HOF head coach. While Pete might drive us crazy sometimes, he knows 755 times more than anyone on this board about football.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Dude always pops his ass up in the air after a Hawk loss but was noticeably absent during the 4 game win streak 😂
Mommy never gave him enough attention I guess
No, he showed up once to take credit for the scheme change on defense & remind everyone he was right & knows way more about football than the coaching staff or GM.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, just watch. When the Hawks win these next 2 games, he'll vanish. And if he DOES show up, he'll act like this team is easily gonna' run the table :ROFLMAO:
If they lose, just more of the same.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Like Pete or hate him, the same patterns and tendencies are always there. Isnt it time to accept the fact that another run is nonexistent with Pete Carroll?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Like Pete or hate him, the same patterns and tendencies are always there. Isnt it time to accept the fact that another run is nonexistent with Pete Carroll?
I think with the way this season has gone, and a top 3 pick looming, Carroll is worth another 2 years, at least through the end of the 2025 season to see what progress he has made since Wilson’s departure.

We all know Jody Allen isn’t going to fire Carroll and Schneider. Might as well see where this ship goes instead of fighting it!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Convincing someone who has their mind made up to change their viewpoint is a waste of time.

There is a hard core group of folks who are one with Pete with their position of 'Anyone but Pete' would be better for every situation. They will never give up on their view of 'ABP'. This is a team fan website and everyone here is entitled to their viewpoint. I'm sure their arguments will get strong if the 2 game L streak increases to 3 or 4 or worse. Perhaps their arguments will become more relevant then.

Those arguments still fail to acknowledge that the team is better than most all of them thought it would be at this point. Those argument as well fail to acknowledge that the team is starting a higher number of rookies at key positions than every other team but one.

So far while Seahawks football this season has certainly not been perfect it sure is interesting to watch and at times very frustrating too.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, just watch. When the Hawks win these next 2 games, he'll vanish. And if he DOES show up, he'll act like this team is easily gonna' run the table :ROFLMAO:
If they lose, just more of the same.
Yeah, he'll show up regardless to move the goalposts again & claim the NFC is wide open & we're now a stone cold lock to win the Superb Owl & if we don't then that just proves he's right & Pete Carroll should definitely be fired.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

He's currently building another perennial playoff contending team. You don't want that? I'm confused.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Some of us are capable of actually admitting we were wrong about Pete. A few others.....not even possible.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If, the same patterns and tendencies are always there, then logically we can assume that there is a Super Bowl or two coming in the next year or so. You can't claim same patterns and tendencies and state as a fact, that another run is not coming. It just doesn't work using logic. Quite the opposite, actually.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If, the same patterns and tendencies are always there, then logically we can assume that there is a Super Bowl or two coming in the next year or so. You can't claim same patterns and tendencies and state as a fact, that another run is not coming. It just doesn't work using logic. Quite the opposite, actually.

With one of the worst defenses in the NFL and uncertainty at the QB position?

Spohawks

Reaction score
Convincing someone who has their mind made up to change their viewpoint is a waste of time.

There is a hard core group of folks who are one with Pete with their position of 'Anyone but Pete' would be better for every situation. They will never give up on their view of 'ABP'. This is a team fan website and everyone here is entitled to their viewpoint. I'm sure their arguments will get strong if the 2 game L streak increases to 3 or 4 or worse. Perhaps their arguments will become more relevant then.

Those arguments still fail to acknowledge that the team is better than most all of them thought it would be at this point. Those argument as well fail to acknowledge that the team is starting a higher number of rookies at key positions than every other team but one.

So far while Seahawks football this season has certainly not been perfect it sure is interesting to watch and at times very frustrating too.
Just a fun side note...you are right, you will never convince someone who has their mind made up. But you do have an outside shot of them changing their mind by asking them a question.

It's only possible if you are asking the question in a way that makes it look like you really don't know the answer. Example...

"I am just starting to research the new mandatory charges on grocery bags, can you explain the postive and negatives of both sides"?

While they list both sides, the seed of a new perspective has potential for growth.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Do you honestly believe that?
I believe this.

A perennial contender is built from the trenches out, and it isn't built in one season. One season rebuilds give you the LA Rams of the last 2 years.

This is year 1 of the post-Wilson rebuild. We now have our offensive pieces, and line, largely in place. There is a question mark at QB, but in light of the unveiling of Carroll as an apparent QB whisperer, I'm not worried about this position at all. He made Wilson look like a HOFer, and made Smith look like an MVP.

Next off-season, we can focus on bulking up the defense, so that success doesn't rely on the health of one player (Adams).

We already have a few key pieces, and a season of interesting experiments, but will need to focus on building a quality D-line next year.

They've done it before, and, despite the mis-steps and mistakes they've made recently, I believe they can do it again.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Failllllllled (with an "I" and the eight "L's" Wilson and his team have put up in eleven games despite having a defense that has only allowed an average of 17.6 points per game) is the same NFL savant who told us before the season how much better the Broncos were as a team and an organization than the Seahawks.
He also said Wilson is better than Mahomes.

Going through his previous posts to see the depths of wrongness is pretty entertaining, especially given the continued arrogant tone, as if he knew more about how to run an NFL team than Pete Carroll.

So on how much better the Broncos are, there's this gem, from which I'll take some particularly great passages.

Simply the Broncos have drafted better, signed better free agents, made better trades than the Seahawks since 2015, save for the QB. Which are hard AF to find.

They took a lot of criticism in 2021 for not drafting a QB, and instead remained patient taking stud CB, Patrick Surtain.

George Paton would later earn the Best Draft Award as voted by NFL front offices for this draft class. (Not mediots.)

I point out this particular move of many great moves made because of the context. Denver had been QB starved for 6 seasons at that point. 5 QBs went in the 1st round that year. But they evaluated (like I evaluated and stated at various points leading up to that draft) that it was an overrated QB class and those guys were being pushed up the board, George Paton stayed with his process and drafted the right player. Regardless if they had a desperate need at QB. That is good management.

Let's see the Seahawks pass on QB next year, if none of them are the right fit after just 1 season of not having a QB. You know and I know, they're drafting a QB in the 1st round come hell or highwater next year, and it illustrates how behind the Seahawks seem to be at every turn. Like a dog chasing firetrucks they are hyper-focused on need.

So wrong in so many ways that it's actually kind of impressive.

For what it's worth, most Broncos fans are furious that Paton took Surtain when he could have had Micah Parsons.

Next up ownership. Jodi with an "i" made Pete the King of the Seahawks. He is not questioned, nor held accountable. Paul used to do this, and I wholly believe if Paul were alive and well, Pete, would've been canned a long time ago.

Pete can screw up all he wants. He can be arrogant and continue to run dated schemes that haven't worked for years. (He admitted this this off-season.) He can do whatever including run the team into the ground, and it is never his fault, always someone elses, even though he signs off on everything, and holds final say on anything football related. So technically anything wrong or right with the Seahawks falls at the feet of Pete Carroll. It's been mostly wrong for a long time.

Jodi with an "i" seems to be pinching pennies, though admittedly need more seasons to confirm this. But since Paul has died they've had a tons of cap space to make huge moves in 2020 and 2022, and instead chose to blow it on JAGs.

Yes, we can definitely see from the performance of the Seahawks offense and the Broncos offense this season that the problem when Wilson was with the Seahawks was Carroll running "dated schemes that haven't worked for years." Wilson's MVP-quality campaign and the Seahawks' failure to win any games prove once and for all how absolutely right Failllllllled has been about everything all along. :rolleyes:

I had almost forgotten that Failllllllled watched some YouTube videos about "cash over cap" and convinced himself that now he also knows how to manage an NFL salary cap better than the Seahawks ownership group and front office.

Could've gotten the stars with the cap space instead of mortgaging the farm and kept those draft picks. But it requires an owner willing to pony up and put large amounts of money into escrow. Using cash over cap. Jodi with an "i" is yet to do this and it is putting the Seahawks at disadvantage because of it.

Denver now has the richest owner in the NFL, and will utilize this cash over cap strategy to their advantage. having structured Wilson's contract in a way that is going to allow them to be aggressive in Free Agency in the coming years and have a loaded team year in and year out. Copying what the Rams have been doing.

Here's the link to the one where he explains why Wilson is better than Mahomes. If you have any bladder-control issues, I strongly recommend avoiding reading it completely, or at least controlling the situation (maybe open your pants and read it at the toilet or something) because it is genuinely pee-your-pants funny.
As always, he blames Carroll for every failure and gives Wilson credit not just for every success, but for successes that Failllllllled believes the Seahawks or Wilson could have had without Carroll. Oh, and he gives the credit for Mahomes's success to Reid and the offensive line.
Basically, he's a wordier @John63.

Wilson didn't make the Seahawks do anything. The Seahawks (Pete Carroll) mismanaged themselves into a dumpster fire and had no choice but to trade their disgruntled HoF QB to speed up their rebuild. They desperately needed picks. And they didn't have much of anything on the roster to trade. DK and Russ were their options to get significant capitol, that's it.

PATRICK MAHOMES (2019-2021) via pro-football-reference

46 Games Started
66.2% completion
7.9 YPA
101 TDs
24 INTs (Led the league in dropped interceptions I believe all three of these years, as a side note.)
103.7 Passer Rating

Rushing: 903 yards at 5.3 YPA; 6 TDs.

PFF Pass Pro O-Line Grades (2, 11, 5)

"The Chiefs’ offensive line can be made out to look worse than it is in pass protection because of the way Patrick Mahomes plays the position and the deeper drops he takes. In fact, a position-high 53 pressures were charged to Mahomes himself over the course of the regular season. It’s something that the Chiefs will gladly live with because of the plays that Mahomes can make and the way he avoids negative plays, but it’s something to keep in mind when evaluating the offensive line."

RUSSELL WILSON (2019-2021) via pro-football-reference

46 Games Started
66.8% completion
7.8 YPA
96 TDs
24 INTs
105.0 Passer Rating

Rushing: 1038 yards at 5.2 YPA; 7 TDs.

PFF Pass Pro O-Line Grades (30, 16, 25)

"Wilson has been able to succeed despite the pass protection from his line, but that doesn’t change the fact that it has often been an issue — and it was a problem again this season. The Seahawks' pressure rate allowed in 2.5 seconds or less of 26.7% this year was third worst in the league, ahead of only the Jets and Dolphins."

Carson Wentz, who looks completely washed and hasn't played since week six, still has two more TD passes this season than Wilson, the $161M starter in Denver who's still on the field failing to produce.

Meanwhile, Mahomes is, as always, in the MVP conversation. Mahomes is tops in DYAR (Wilson is 27th), second in DVOA (Wilson is 27th), second in QBR (Wilson is 30th), fourth in passer rating (Wilson is 29th), and second in ANY/A (Wilson is 24th). Tagovailoa is ahead of Mahomes in DVOA, QBR, passer rating, and ANY/A. Mahomes still belongs in the conversation because even though his per-snap productivity hasn't been as good as Tagovailoa's, Mahomes has *way* more passing plays than Tagovailoa (442 attempts vs. 284), so he's produced more overall value, and that's reflected in DYAR.

Wilson's cap hit this season is just $17M (because the Seahawks are eating a lot of dead money from his bonuses), just 12th-highest among NFL quarterbacks, but he's been so downright awful that even that looks like a huge waste of cap space.

Let us not forget that the approach Failllllllled advocated for the Seahawks was pretty much exactly what the Broncos did, and he held them up as an example to be followed, while putting down the Seahawks for not having done the things the Broncos did. Oopsie! That take aged like unpasteurized milk left in a bucket in the barn.

In the same thread, there's this one, in which he says
You think Wilson is winging it out there? Good one. (y)

Does anyone at all, even Wilson's family, doubt at this point that Wilson is incapable of playing within any offensive scheme or doing anything other than playing the same "Russball" he's been playing since college?

Wilson was lucky he was drafted by a team with a great head coach who found ways to minimize the damage done to the team by Wilson's deficiencies. And now that he's been separated from Pete Carroll and given the "control" he wanted, he's been one of the worst starters in the league. Garoppolo has been noticeably better than Wilson this season!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Need to draft a stud Guard at some point though. Then I'll feel a lot better about the O Line next year.

It's ok, if they beat the Rams and the Panthers in back to back weeks, Fade will be back to acting like the team is going to be great. Same guy who changed from they are going to be horrible to they easily win 12 games. And every post turns in to Pete is Satan, blah blah blah. It never fails. Not even worth reading when you see who the OP is. Though this time I skimmed and yep......same old crap.

I don't remember him saying "[t]hey easily win 12 games," but he does indeed come back after multiple Seahawks wins to say the Seahawks should be doing great. It's not because he is that volatile and believes the Seahawks are among the worst in the league one day and believes they are among the best in the league the next day. It's about moving the goalposts so he can still claim he was right after he's been so consistently and hilariously wrong.
Suddenly the team that was going to win five or fewer games in the season and be a perennial cellar dweller should be the favorite for the NFC in the same season. By moving the goalposts to "NFC Champions or bust," he can then come back and say "see, Carroll didn't get the Seahawks as far as they should have gone." Never mind the stuff I just quoted in my previous comment in this thread, where Failllllllled was talking about how doomed the Seahawks were because the Seahawks kept Pete Carroll and got rid of Russell Wilson.

Last edited:

Latest posts