Let The Wailing And Gnashing Of Teeth Begin

chet380

Reaction score
A horrendously bad day for RW and all the WR's ... it's gonna happen now and then ... BUT, who hasn't seen this team get off the mat, rally, and accomplish goals that seemed unbelievable at the time.

Ain't over 'til ....

GO HAWKS!!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Nothing I've seen this year leads me to believe we will do anything but under achieve

nash72

Reaction score
Two atrocious road games in 3 weeks. Hmmmm. Not real confident going forward.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Nice to see some sarcasm.

Without being a homer, you look at certain trends. The trend this year is that our offense is horrendous on the road this year. Dumpster fire bad. We scored 3 points in Tampa. Sure, we come home and light up the Panthers for 40, then go on the road and score 3 against the Packers, who have a bad defense and terrible secondary. Score 3.

Score 3 in LA. Score 6 in AZ. See a trend ? It's shit the bed bad on the road. Guess what we won't have after tonight ? Home field advantage. It will be statistically impossible after tonight.

So hey, go ahead and be sarcastic. The Cowboys will violate us, Texas Prison style on the road with our offense.

it's ok though. This is that game of the year where I can relax and just watch football, and give up expectations of doing something really decent.

Reaction score
Hawks46":1c0doq0z said:

Without being a homer, you look at certain trends. The trend this year is that our offense is horrendous on the road this year. Dumpster fire bad. We scored 3 points in Tampa. Sure, we come home and light up the Panthers for 40, then go on the road and score 3 against the Packers, who have a bad defense and terrible secondary. Score 3.

Score 3 in LA. Score 6 in AZ. See a trend ? It's shit the bed bad on the road. Guess what we won't have after tonight ? Home field advantage. It will be statistically impossible after tonight.

So hey, go ahead and be sarcastic. The Cowboys will violate us, Texas Prison style on the road with our offense.

it's ok though. This is that game of the year where I can relax and just watch football, and give up expectations of doing something really decent.
Honestly, the real common denominator of the bad games is that they have ALL been played on grass - I think it neutralizes our defensive style a bit and has affected the timing on passes from Russ (he's overthrown some balls that guys might have been able to get to on turf).

Cowboys play on Field Turf, so I think we may have a chance.

The other common denominator in these losses is that we haven't made some of the plays that we've made in our wins - we've honestly had a chance in each of these games.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":3jhufd9b said:
Hawks46":3jhufd9b said:

Honestly, the real common denominator of the bad games is that they have ALL been played on grass - I think it neutralizes our defensive style a bit and has affected the timing on passes from Russ (he's overthrown some balls that guys might have been able to get to on turf).

The other common denominator in these losses is that we haven't made some of the plays that we've made in our wins - we've honestly had a chance in each of these games.

Grass is our kryponite. Does Pete have the team practice on it?

SeaChickN

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":32azv8jj said:
Nothing I've seen this year leads me to believe we will do anything but under achieve

Have you ever thought that maybe all this time we've been overachieving... Hmmmm?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1jli6squ said:

Thats the word I was looking for! This team is great at underachieving, that is all.

London12

Reaction score
We are really thinking about getting to the stage where we'd play the Cowboys?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":kemlu8zu said:
Hawks46":kemlu8zu said:

It's like Pete and the training staff isn't preparing the team for Grass fields. Does he over look that?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Another crown over a weak division, another year losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs, and we'll call it a great year while the team gets older and more expensive to hold together.

At some point, this becomes a Pete Carroll problem. Get your squad in line, coach. There's too much talent on this team to be this inconsistent.

The Pats and Cowboys don't play down to anyone, why do we?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":2n7lb46u said:
Hawks46":2n7lb46u said:

The other 3 NFC teams that win their Division might all be Dome teams. Cowboys are probably a lock to win the East and then you have DET/MIN easily possible to win the North and ATL in the South

If the Vikings wouldnt of choked a BIG BIG D against Detroit TWICE at the end of both games they would be cruising to an NFC north division win

fenderbender123

Reaction score
After years of winning and losing close games, these guys finally get their asses whooped. Maybe it'll be good for them, and just the spark they needed to prepare for the post-season.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":x1gi3fmu said:

Whew, for a minute I thought we had a real worry happening. But as it turns out, it's just grass everyone. No worries. I guess that falls into the same twilight zone as DVOA ratings actually meaning something.

All kidding aside, it may very well have to do with playing on grass. My problem with that is that they get paid an absurd amount of money to be able to figure that out for themselves. If fans can look at it as a problem then they damn site better see it. That shoud not happen in the pros, kinda like using the wrong cleats.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If grass makes that big of a difference, wouldn't they practice on grass if they're going to be playing on grass that week? There has to be grass practice fields in the Seattle area.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2qfr7raw said:
Chrome_Seahawk":2qfr7raw said:

Whew, for a minute I thought we had a real worry happening. But as it turns out, it's just grass everyone. No worries. I guess that falls into the same twilight zone as DVOA ratings actually meaning something.

All kidding aside, it may very well have to do with playing on grass. My problem with that is that they get paid an absurd amount of money to be able to figure that out for themselves. If fans can look at it as a problem then they damn site better see it. That shoud not happen in the pros, kinda like using the wrong cleats.

It's such a lazy excuse for playing like shit.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":u96rhwfv said:
Another crown over a weak division, another year losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs, and we'll call it a great year while the team gets older and more expensive to hold together.

At some point, this becomes a Pete Carroll problem. Get your squad in line, coach. There's too much talent on this team to be this inconsistent.

The Pats and Cowboys don't play down to anyone, why do we?

THIS!