Lemuel Jeanpierre to IR

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Basis4day":38r9ubfx said:
Pandion Haliaetus":38r9ubfx said:
Hawknballs":38r9ubfx said:
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 7m
To answer all the questions, yes Bates is on the 53-man active roster. And no, I don't figure they keep 8 WRs for very long.

...and they added former Seahawk LB Allen Bradford as well as OLs David Arkin and Drew Nowak.

Seahawks also released WR Chris Matthes, OL Nate Isles and DB Terrance Parks off the practice squad. ...

Jeanpierre is NOT designated to return, so he's done for the year. Stephen Schilling is now the backup center.

Interior Line needs to stay healthy... Wade Smith is still available... I wonder if the Seahawks seek out a trade for a quality backup... I would send a 7th to the Browns for Caylin Hauptmann

Terrible idea considering Hauptman was cut by the Browns.

All kidding aside the back end of WR corp is confusing as hell right now.

Did not know that ... still though it would do good to bring him back... the Browns must have a rigorous Physical Exam or something. I think though they were looking for a backup OT but Hauptmann was in OG shape.

Jville

Reaction score
Hauptman didn't pass the Browns' physical so he was waived. Last I heard Caylin is a free agent.

Jville

Reaction score
Stephen Schilling doesn't have the combat experience that Jeanpierre has but I liked what I saw of him at both center and guard. Schilling was an excellent signing.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
There is also Kyle Cook who could be coaxed out retirement.

If Schilling isn't half bad at OC, the dare I say Richie Icognito as backup G.

Did Greg Van Roten sign anywhere? He can play G/C as well. But I wasn't impressed with him.

I like the idea of trading for Chris Spencer or bringing Wade Smith back.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I too think this is a significant loss. Lots of pressure on Unger now, who seems to constantly be in pain. That and I felt LJP added energy to the line and had positioned himself well to ultimately replace Max. I hope for his speedy, full recovery as well as GREAT health to Max Unger.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I find it more perplexing that we re-signed yet another receiver. I was a bit surprised we had a roster with 7 receivers, but 8 is just getting into ridiculous territory. Does Schneider have a possible trade in the works or what?

kearly

Reaction score
Pretty big deal. LJP was a quality backup who outplayed an injured Unger last season. Unger is injury prone and goes from good to liability when playing hurt. Unger is relatively injury prone- this is one of the backup positions we could least afford to take a hit.

Allen Bradford is back? I thought he was out of PS eligibility. Or is he on the active roster?

Jville

Reaction score
So the rumored G Nowak and G Arkin signings were correct ....... just delayed a couple of days.

All of this suggests there might have been cut down maneuver tactics that didn't pan out this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think we will see more moves yet here, 8 receivers is a awful lot when you have banged up defense as well. At least in the Nickel.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not celebrating 8 (!) receivers on the roster but we saw glimpses of a different, more pass oriented O last year. With the development of RW (!) and the desire to prolong (?) the career of Lynch, I see us passing 50% of the time in '15. I do understand this mentality is contrary to Pete's age-old, run first philosophy, but Pete's never (ever) had a QB this good, either.

I do suspect we will ultimately go with 7, if not 6, WRs ....especially if not one of them can wrestle the return duties away from Earl.

I'm fine with a 50/50 blend. Couldn't be more excited to watch our passing game set up our running game and vice versa. Once that happens, like the old Niners, we will do whatever we want on offense and do so with great success (imo). I won't be stunned if we finish top 5 in all offensive categories this year. IF our D can duplicate, or come close, to last year's efforts, we will have the ball enough to do so. I've spent a significant amount of time thinking about how this offense can be stopped and I hate to use the word unstoppable but if we remain healthy......Yeah, that.

nitticanuck

Reaction score
Pretty sure they have 8 wr because they are not sure how Norwoods ankle will respond. Eventually they will need to add another OL as they won't only keep 8.

Latest posts