Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

kf3339

Reaction score
Had a feeling this would happen. The good thing for him is he doesn't have to worry about sniffing another SB ring again in his career.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ctrcat":1jun96up said:
Maelstrom787":1jun96up said:
We gave 7 million guaranteed to Joeckel. Kind of upsetting in hindsight. Hope we can tap into that potential.

Now, however, we have some room to bring on some veteran additions at RB and roll into the draft sitting pretty. I wouldn't rule out a trade for a lineman, either.

Could sign Andrew Norwell. Would cost a 2nd if the Panthers didn't match. But possible.

That actually sounds pretty worth it to me. I love Norwell.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2t8hb0kf said:
ctrcat":2t8hb0kf said:
Maelstrom787":2t8hb0kf said:
We gave 7 million guaranteed to Joeckel. Kind of upsetting in hindsight. Hope we can tap into that potential.

Now, however, we have some room to bring on some veteran additions at RB and roll into the draft sitting pretty. I wouldn't rule out a trade for a lineman, either.

Could sign Andrew Norwell. Would cost a 2nd if the Panthers didn't match. But possible.

That actually sounds pretty worth it to me. I love Norwell.

Me too. I doubt the Panthers would match a competitive offer, they have to pay Turner next year, as well as Lotulelei/Short(?).

kf3339

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2ww4pvz4 said:

Where did you see that we have him $7M guaranteed? I haven't seen any credible news sources with this information and seriously doubt they would have made that deal. Confirmed source please.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Welp, cheers to more of the same from last year. Picked up a former second round pick who has been injured and never lived up to expectation and now we are going to draft a rookie starting corner. JS and PC need to study how the pats playbthe draft and FA and get rid of players who are going to want an insane amount of money or are a significant cap hit. Seems like we can't get anything right with this o line. The team is getting older and progressively worse since we won the Super Bowl.

Seymour

Reaction score
kf3339":1gwhkcwa said:
Maelstrom787":1gwhkcwa said:

Where did you see that we have him $7M guaranteed? I haven't seen any credible news sources with this information and seriously doubt they would have made that deal. Confirmed source please.

Confirmed!!! :pukeface:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/luke-joeckel-12282/

Luke Joeckel signed a 1 year, $8,000,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $4,250,000 signing bonus, $7,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,000,000. In 2017, Joeckel will earn a base salary of $2,750,000, a signing bonus of $4,250,000 and a roster bonus of $250,000. Joeckel has a cap hit of $7,250,000 while his dead money value is $7,000,000.

IrishNW

Reaction score
LegendKiller":2k1u1o7e said:
Welp, cheers to more of the same from last year. Picked up a former second round pick who has been injured and never lived up to expectation and now we are going to draft a rookie starting corner. JS and PC need to study how the pats playbthe draft and FA and get rid of players who are going to want an insane amount of money or are a significant cap hit. Seems like we can't get anything right with this o line. The team is getting older and progressively worse since we won the Super Bowl.

overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending

Jville

Reaction score
Lessons by Lang ......

#1 Some guys prefer staying close to home.

#2 Recruiting players to lower Siberia remains a challenge.

#3 There are other passing offenses that are more attractive to block for than what exists in Seattle.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seymour":1nop9zub said:
kf3339":1nop9zub said:
Maelstrom787":1nop9zub said:

Luke Joeckel signed a 1 year, $8,000,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $4,250,000 signing bonus, $7,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $8,000,000. In 2017, Joeckel will earn a base salary of $2,750,000, a signing bonus of $4,250,000 and a roster bonus of $250,000. Joeckel has a cap hit of $7,250,000 while his dead money value is $7,000,000.

That is a bit shocking for a guy that hasn't done squat and is coming off a completely restructured knee.

kf3339

Reaction score
Largent80":3k8mkk2f said:
Seymour":3k8mkk2f said:
kf3339":3k8mkk2f said:
Maelstrom787":3k8mkk2f said:

That is a bit shocking for a guy that hasn't done squat and is coming off a completely restructured knee.

This is what happens when you screw around too long with the O-Line dumpster bin. Contracts like this one just proves

JS and PC don't have a clue how to build and maintain a credible O-Line.

warden

Reaction score
Lang did everything he could to turn this into a bidding war. More often then not the winner of the bidding war is the loser

Seymour

Reaction score
Largent80":3ngx9g62 said:
Seymour":3ngx9g62 said:
kf3339":3ngx9g62 said:
Maelstrom787":3ngx9g62 said:

There is a good chance the guy will not even be ready for week 1, and will have no time to work with the guys he is playing with in an all new system for just 1 year. This contract is a really bad move IMO. :141847_bnono:

LegendKiller

Reaction score
IrishNW":1ylf3u5z said:
LegendKiller":1ylf3u5z said:

overreact much? we didnt sign a 30 year old guard ccoming off injury so the world is ending

Ummm, have you seen the past 2 seasons? Our players are getting older, suffering more injuries, o line is getting worse and hate to break the news to you but the reality is our Super Bowl window is closing. We really needed to make some aggressive moves on o line this offseason and we failed to do that. Sorry to hit you with the reality of things. We just paid Joeckel $7 mill

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Well, a lot of the o line needy teams ahead of the Hawks aren't so needy anymore. Maybe one of those dudes will fall. Hoping for a trade, though.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
King Dog":2urfoyzr said:
s%$#

We blew it.

And how do you know this??????

Sounds like we were a pawn being used for him getting to stay in the part of the US that he wanted to stay in, I mean really, if everything else was the same, who in the world would choose to live/play in the Detroit area vs. Seattle?

Plus Michigan has a State Income Tax, (4.25%), so he's even playing for less $$ to sign with Detroit if everything else was the same.

Don't know were the guy or his wife was from, but I would bet strongly that the northern/central US is most likely what they call home at the end of the day.

Just my .02.

GO HAWKS!!!