KJ Wright illegal bat

Polaris

Reaction score
Rat":2xoq3mqu said:
I'm sure everyone would still agree it doesn't matter if the tables had been turned.

Since I thought it was legal either way, no it wouldn't matter if the uniforms were reversed. Seriously when even Football Zebras thinks ESPN is stirring up unnecessary controversy, then you know that ESPN should zip it.

RussB

Reaction score
Dont see the point in whining about this. Kam just made a good play. And you cant say KJ "batted" for sure because you can also say he was trying to do a one handed catch. He didnt " bat" anything the ball was on the way out anyway

crosfam

Reaction score
If it is a rule it needs to be repealed. When a DB bats a pass is it a penalty? It is a football play. Like the players afterwards said, it never gets called. ESPN is trying to make us the Patriots - supposed cheaters.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Exittium":26ykgt9d said:
In the words of tate and "failmary".. I didnt see it... Games over. Nobody knows or even knew it was a damn penalty. Detriot walked off they didnt know.. None of those Hall of famer past present future on that field knew the penalty.. Screw the media

Exactly.

Not one player or coach argued one bit.

This is all crap.

Guarantee you if this was Dallas, ol Gerry wouldnt be up in the booth crying about how shafted the Lions were.

Smellyman

Reaction score
crosfam":o69x39bu said:
If it is a rule it needs to be repealed. When a DB bats a pass is it a penalty? It is a football play. Like the players afterwards said, it never gets called. ESPN is trying to make us the Patriots - supposed cheaters.

It's for fumbles not passes.

Put in place when the Raiders intentionally kept batting the ball down the field.

Rarely called though on Defense. only O when they gain advantage.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I call BS on this interpretation of the rule. That has never, ever been called in any level of football that I've watched. It's just stupid crap by ESPN to give their talking heads fuel for their shows tomorrow.

jacobsod

Reaction score
2Cool4School":p7sloru6 said:
Who cares? if green bay can get the ball back after one of our O linemen recovered a fumble then we can do it too.

True that!

But we really should be used to it by now - any "perceived to be borderline" calls that go "our way" are going to be talked about a lot, and everyone will say it was blind luck we ever made it to the playoffs.

See all the "they call it fail mary" replays tonight? Ridiculous. :pukeface:

I don't see what all the hub-bub was about, it would of gone out anyways.

HawkEye

Reaction score
After Vinny Testaverde's bs touchdown back in '98, and Super Bowl XL, I will take a win like this any day. :thirishdrinkers:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
SuperFreak":2mruve0b said:
I respect older people but this guy on ESPN seems like he might not be in the loop on this ruling too we are all basing this on his interruption of the rule.

NFL or Blandino already admitted it was a mistake and should've been a penalty. Pete mentioned in his PC as well.

Rocket

Reaction score
Upon review of the visual review, I think it was a TIP and not a bat... ya old unemployed fart referee.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Seafan":1fpmycdu said:
ivotuk":1fpmycdu said:
Could have cost us the game

So could have RW.

You mean the OL

RW is literally the ONLY reason we scored any points today. So tired of him receiving any of the blame.

RussB

Reaction score
jacobsod":149iqq5j said:
2Cool4School":149iqq5j said:
Who cares? if green bay can get the ball back after one of our O linemen recovered a fumble then we can do it too.

True that!

But we really should be used to it by now - any "perceived to be borderline" calls that go "our way" are going to be talked about a lot, and everyone will say it was blind luck we ever made it to the playoffs.

See all the "they call it fail mary" replays tonight? Ridiculous. :pukeface:

I don't see what all the hub-bub was about, it would of gone out anyways.
Pretty much, people are just waiting to say something bad about the seahawks

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SuperFreak":y2om12fo said:
I thought it was going to be a penalty when it happened, glad they missed it even though it sucks the refs don't know the rules.
Show me please. I've seen it all the time. But I'd love to see the actual rule. I suppose I could look it up myself but I'd rather you show me fact rather than opinion.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Vpk0718":oqtr1mgp said:
Seafan":oqtr1mgp said:
ivotuk":oqtr1mgp said:

So could have RW.

You mean the OL

RW is literally the ONLY reason we scored any points today. So tired of him receiving any of the blame.

Seafan is a RW troll. Best just to let his comments slide by you

Seafan

Reaction score
The ball was going out without the bat by KJ, and he could have recovered it and would have if he knew the rule. It had no impact on the game in that it didn't put the Lions at a disadvantage. Also, the ref would have to make the subjective ruling that KJ was intentionally trying to bat the ball.

I've watched the NFL a long time and I've never seen a flag for that.

On to Cincinnati...

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Vpk0718":2a2gqnsi said:
Seafan":2a2gqnsi said:
ivotuk":2a2gqnsi said:

So could have RW.

You mean the OL

He had some spectacular moments today.

He also missed some easy throws and was careless with the ball.

He deserves both credit for his magic and blame for poor play at times.

Latest posts