Kind of interesting - we didn't take 1 shot down the field

Cartire

Reaction score
I know its not kosher. But Wilsons height is still a factor.

Its the reason the majority of snaps are taken from the shotgun. Its a weakness even though he can overcome it and compensate. Its why he rarely throws in the middle of the field (and thus why defenders play more on the outsides) during blitzes. He cant even see his check down half the time when hes being blitzed.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Brock said Russ took a lot of hard hits on both run and pass plays after getting rid of the ball in this game. I was listening to the radio at that point and will have to watch the game film to see how bad it was but it sounds like Fisher hit Russ in his game plan.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3uhxhj5n said:
jake206":3uhxhj5n said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/643175252793688065[/tweet]

Agree. He was way too indecisive. And you can't do that when you are playing the Rams D-line.

It's been a consistent flaw in his game for his whole career. It's the #1 improvement I've been hoping to see on this offense for a couple seasons now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As far as taking shots, and longer throws in general yesterday..................Russell definitely was more tentative with the ball after he threw that pick.

So that may have played into him checking down and throwing shorter safer throws. There were plays to be made downfield, but he went safe.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The OLine doesn't give RW time to throw deep. However even if they did he'd overthrow the receiver deep, he was consistently bad in that regard yesterday.

What bothers me is the lack of creativity in plays called, no slants or fast developing plays to the Receivers or backs. Personally the use of Graham early in the game was lame and even late it was very uncreative. 3, 5 yds a crack should be easy and it would pull men outed the box.

Wilson is being forced to pass down field and has not enough time to do it.

Seahawk79

Reaction score
I was surprised that Seattle didn't take a shot down field...but the Rams CBs are much better than the average fan gives them credit for. Trumaine Johnson had a sick INT, and when he got hurt, his back up (Marcus Roberson) came in and also played extremely well.

Our secondary played better than Seattle's today, and Foles was better than Wilson...to me that was the difference in the game. Foles continuously made clutch plays when they were needed - after Lockett's punt return, he drove us down the field. After the botched snap and subsequent field goal for the Hawks, he drove us down the field. And obviously, after the fumble return, drove us down and tied the game.

I don't think people should bash Bevell....when you're playing a defense that will take away the run game and blitz, going shot gun 5 wide is the right thing to do. If we were playing Rodgers today we would have gotten destroyed.

:13:

I know its not kosher. But Wilsons height is still a factor.

Its the reason the majority of snaps are taken from the shotgun. Its a weakness even though he can overcome it and compensate. Its why he rarely throws in the middle of the field (and thus why defenders play more on the outsides) during blitzes. He cant even see his check down half the time when hes being blitzed.

:13:

Russ threw 41 times, and had 1 TD. That simply isnt enough from your QB, regardless of completion % or the o line. We were 1 for 4 in the redone, and the horrible pick led to an automatic FG. Yes, the line wasn't perfect... But again, 41 throws makes 6 sacks sound pretty good when the QB acknowledges a couple were on himself. The Rams are a great D, it's on Russ to get the ball out quicker. He's a good QB, damn good if you ask me.

But until he can throw over the middle without rolling out, read the blitz and get it out quicker, and occasionally toss 3+ TD's to win a game he won't be elite. The D was poor at times, but normally 3 takeaways and a defensive score easily wins the game. Rodgers or Brady would've put up more than 1 TD, especially throwing 41 times. This is on Russ as much as anyone, the fact that he admits is what I love. Great leader, he will be better next week!

seedhawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":22yn67yu said:
Brock said Russ took a lot of hard hits on both run and pass plays after getting rid of the ball in this game. I was listening to the radio at that point and will have to watch the game film to see how bad it was but it sounds like Fisher hit Russ in his game plan.

Kind of a mirror image of B Ryans 46 defense in Chicago. He said plainly, the goal was to hit the Qb hard on every play.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I can summarize this from personal experience. I used to play a guy in Madden back around the time Alexander was a thing. He was a Mexican guy i worked with, and he didn't have virtually any experience with football outside of soccer. So all he would do to me was engage 8 blitz... It would absolutely crush everything i was trying to do on offense. I would always win or lose by one score to him, although i mostly won painfully close games. So therefore, rams equal big hairy Mexican. Me equals Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":iys5wnqs said:
The defense gave up 27 points, that simply isn't good enough.

Bingo.

This was arguably the worst our LB's and DB's have played in a long long time with tackling and coverage. Sad part is the Rams weren't even running exotic or complicated routes, just basic curls and hooks into zones. No excuse for a bunch of veterans like Earl, Sherm, KJ and Bobby to be that out of position that many times.

Good news is Pete is fantastic at cleaning this stuff up, so shouldn't be an issue going forward.