Kevin Williams Signs with Saints

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Meh, If everyone wasn't out he'd never have seen the field. This is a classic case of not overpaying for a mid tier guy. Good luck KW it's been real but don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. We aren't the Mariners and this isn't baseball.

2_0_6

Reaction score
This tells me that Mebane will be 100% by the time the season rolls around. Seems like KW was more of an insurance policy for the hawks if they had any doubt about Mebane.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":yy61pw9a said:
This tells me that Mebane will be 100% by the time the season rolls around. Seems like KW was more of an insurance policy for the hawks if they had any doubt about Mebane.
Hate to be a smartass, but that was obvious even last year. But it seems Bane is 100% and his salary isn't an issue given he's legitimate top tier at his position.

I love .Net, it's the only place that has serious discussion about players that likely wouldn't even make this year's team or be riding the bench if they did. He was a nice stop gap in a disaster though.

netskier

Reaction score
Mizzou, didn't we pay KW 2.1 M last year to be a rotational player, which he did, and then went full time when Mebane went out, and then the defense got better? That is what I remember.

NO gave him three million after Seattle did not give him an offer at all, from what he said. I wish I knew why.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
netskier":38kk3w5p said:
Mizzou, didn't we pay KW 2.1 M last year to be a rotational player, which he did, and then went full time when Mebane went out, and then the defense got better? That is what I remember.

NO gave him three million after Seattle did not give him an offer at all, from what he said. I wish I knew why.
I think it's because they're confident Mebane is healthy and think their depth guys are at a similar level but far cheaper would be my thought.