Kearse and Willson source of Wilson's woes yesterday

SirTed

Reaction score
I completely disagree with the OP.

The 4th interception by Wilson was totally on Kearse. He was open, Wilson hit him in the hands. Case closed.

Kearse wasn't open on any of the rest - you can argue Kearse was open on the 3rd if you want, but it was perhaps the poorest thrown ball of the the lot.

The first play Kearse had a DB on his back and safety lurking. Forced.

The 2nd - no one is going to argue.

As for Willlllson - not that he played a great game at all - but a couple of those "drops" were balls that may have hit one of his outstretched hands but it was either a forced pass (well short of the first down) or a poorly thrown ball.

And to compare the catch that Lockette made (another poorly thrown ball, and a great play) to what Kearse had to do is silly. Lockette was WIDE OPEN, there wasn't a soul around him. Still a great play, but not the same.

It's okay to say Wilson played poorly. He still was lights out with < 5:00 to go and OT.

Reaction score
Scottemojo":c1m295ut said:
The media is thrashing Clinton Dix for looking dumb on that 2 point conversion. I have watched that play a dozen times, I think that pass sailed an extra couple yards on the breeze, surprising everyone. Finally the wind gave one back.
After watching the replay a few times, it was either the wind...or, if you watch HHCD, you see him half-way jump, like he's going to jump to catch the ball or jump the route, and the ball just kept right on sailing by - maybe the high arc of the flight of the ball threw off his depth perception.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I think you can say that two of Wilson's INTs were directly the result of dropped passes which should have been catches (although the first one wasn't the most accurate throw, the second one was a fine throw). That said, Wilson was also off on passes to Ricardo Lockette which weren't dropped, he made a terrible decision throwing to Kearse in triple coverage, and the right read but a bad throw to Kearse in the end zone (Kearse also misplayed the ball there, but it doesn't excuse a bad throw). Lynch had a drop on a catchable wheel route that was well-thrown. Baldwin had a drop on a catchable wheel route that was well-thrown (with room to run). Everyone made mistakes that game.

Russell was forcing it. He was inaccurate. His receivers didn't help him out, but I think it's wildly unfair to Kearse and Willson to blame them for Russell's struggles.

That said, his line is significantly worse than it could've been.

mikeak

Reaction score
SirTed":gnqx742p said:
The first play Kearse had a DB on his back and safety lurking. Forced.

Seriously? it was in front of him with the DB behind him. DB did not impact the play it was beatifully thrown where the DB can't get the ball. Receivers make that catch every Sunday in the NFL. A few goes off the hands and we had an unlucky result, but don't say it was forced / bad play on the qb

Other items - agree