Kasen Williams added to Seahawks minicamp roster

Tical21

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":63ldttuv said:
Smellyman":63ldttuv said:
Tical21":63ldttuv said:
This is going to sound a bit silly, but I think Price gave him a really raw deal. Williams isn't a separation guy, and Price never seemed to know where to put the ball. I think if they would have just force-fed him a bunch of balls, you would have seen him find ways to catch them and had huge numbers. They just would never throw him the ball. They preferred to throw bubble screens to Mickens and throw down field to Smith.

If you can't separate in college good luck in the NFL
Not comparing the two but Mike Williams couldn't separate. Tical has a point. In BMW first year here, Hass threw to him, covered or not. In TJacks first year, he avoided BMW like the plague partly because TJacks accuracy left a lot to be desired and he didn't want to risk anything.

Now before you say "kasen Williams is not mike Williams" I know that. But WRs don't necessarily need to "separate" in order to be effective in this league.
Yep, guys like Keyshawn Johnson and Keenan McCardell, Eric Decker. They don't need to get separation, they just need to get their body between the ball and the defender, and they use strength and ball skills and big hands to come up with catch after catch.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1qsl16j2 said:
Is there a limit to how many UDFA a team can sign?

They can sign as many Huskies as they want, as they aren't really football players and technically don't count as roster spots.

:stirthepot:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ab2q2i7 said:
Hawkfan77":1ab2q2i7 said:
Is there a limit to how many UDFA a team can sign?

They can sign as many Huskies as they want, as they aren't really football players and technically don't count as roster spots.

:stirthepot:

.....same with Cougs..... :stirthepot:

andyh64000

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1imnb6tb said:
Williams has potential, and never had much of a QB. I love Jake locker and kieth price seems like a good dude but Williams could be a decent receiver in the right role, just like Kearse.

He had good QBs...unfortunately only in High School.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":20ol8mfj said:
Williams will never regain his pre-injury form. Hell he can't even pass a physical. He has absolutely nothing left, and couldn't get an inch of separation if he was being covered by Sealver Siliga. Bringing him in this weekend on a tryout basis as a local guy is harmless, and has some minor PR appeal on a local level. But it's also a complete waste of time.

Hey, stop bagging on Silver Siliga!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":11glu7s4 said:
Now before you say "kasen Williams is not mike Williams" I know that. But WRs don't necessarily need to "separate" in order to be effective in this league.

But they DO need to demand double teams. Or so I've heard.

Bryan

Reaction score
I'm rooting for him, cool guy and great Dawg. But it would take a small miracle for him to crack this roster...

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't see RW in PCs system throwing to guys not open. Not saying the guy wouldn't work on say GB or Detroit but if that is the knock then Seattle may be a bad fit

Tical21

Reaction score
King Dog":3cex077d said:
Holy smokes. I just watched his pressor on seahawks.com. I don't remember him being so jacked. Looks like a beast. Hope he kills it.
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/05/0 ... conference
He's had an NFL body basically since high school. And he had like a 40 inch vert. His body and athleticism is what made him so special, now only one of those two things remain.

Tical21

Reaction score
mikeak":22hrlluh said:
I don't see RW in PCs system throwing to guys not open. Not saying the guy wouldn't work on say GB or Detroit but if that is the knock then Seattle may be a bad fit
That's a pretty fair point, except Russ throws 50/50 balls to Kearse all the time when he's blanketed.

mikeak

Reaction score
Besides GB game I don't recall it like that but guess I have to watch more tape to truly reply

olyfan63

Reaction score
Wilson has always been willing to throw 50-50 deep balls to receivers he has confidence in. Kearse is the most obvious example; Tate and Rice when they were here, and 6'5" Stephen Williams caught a bunch of jump ball TD's in preseason from Russell a couple years ago but didn't play special teams so got cut once the season started.

mikeak

Reaction score
If we are talking high and out towards the sideline where it is 50% catch and 50% out-of-bounds then yes

King Dog

Reaction score
Tical21":1kwvx81u said:
King Dog":1kwvx81u said:
Holy smokes. I just watched his pressor on seahawks.com. I don't remember him being so jacked. Looks like a beast. Hope he kills it.
http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/05/0 ... conference
He's had an NFL body basically since high school. And he had like a 40 inch vert. His body and athleticism is what made him so special, now only one of those two things remain.

Yeah, my buddy's the head coach at Skyline so I used to watch him play in person in high school. He may have been as tall in high school, but he's obviously put in a ton of work in the weight room since then. I think he even looks a lot bigger than when I saw him play in the Cactus Bowl in January.

jake206

Reaction score
If he comes out with aggression, he's going to be a very good receiver. Remember this?

[youtube]82BSEkIcd_o[/youtube]

From Sunday's Seattle Times article (Condotta)
Coach Pete Carroll said after Sunday’s workout that the team hopes to sign the former Husky and Skyline High receiver to a free agent deal after he participated here as a tryout player. I wrote about Williams for the Sunday paper (you can find that story below) and Carroll talked about him following Sunday’s workout. “He looked very good,” Carroll said. “We’ve known him for a long time through the recruiting process and our expectations are that he is a really accomplished receiver. Great athlete getting off the ground and all and he showed all of that . He looked like he fit. So we’ll try to get him back.’’ Seattle has an obvious spot on the 90-man for a receiver after Austin Hill — who as signed as an undrafted free agent — did not pass his physical. So it won’t be a surprise to hear in the next day or so that the team has signed Williams to the 90-man roster. The Seahawks will have a pretty competitive group at receiver with the addition of draftee Tyler Lockett — who was probably the most consistently impressive player here — to the veteran group of Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, etc. (Lockett had the highlight play of Sunday’s practice on a deep reception for a touchdown from R.J. Archer) But the Seahawks are obviously intrigued by Williams and appear ready to give him a shot.