Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

hawk45

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2mlv6kgr said:
JAGHAWK":2mlv6kgr said:
Watching press conference with Kam and Pete- sounds like he will play Sunday.

226lbs & 6% body fat.

No chance he's at 6% bodyfat. If he is, that isn't a good thing. Hormone levels start to drop precipitously at 8-9%.

Athletes and movie starts regularly throw out bodyfat percentage numbers about as believable as bros talking about their bench presses. You see claims of 4% or lower where they'd be dead or at risk of dying.

Contest bodybuilders compete at 4-5% with enough steroids and diuretics to kill an elephant, and sometimes die because of reaching that low level. An athlete at 6% bodyfat would be pretty useless.

Also, unless you're being measured by water volume displacement or some other advanced means of measurement, the skinfold measurements taken rely on calculations based on cadaver observation and assume fat distribution is relatively similar with every human being, which it clearly is not. Such measurements break down at lower BF levels.

But I get the point, he has kept in shape.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":1635qm6p said:
If he's healthy, which we will see when he plays, the pressure is on him squarely.

He held out and if he doesn't perform at his peak this year, he's not getting another penny from Paul Allen or JS....if he performs at the same level or higher and leads Seattle to Santa Clara to win the Super Bowl, Paul Allen will have to redo his contract.

Either way, Seattle wins short and long term.

Perfect response! Love it and I feel sorry for the teams remaining on our schedule

rcaido

Reaction score
IF the 2 games dont impact anything in regards to playoffs & homecourt advantage then i can fully forgive Kam.

Right now im glad he's back but felt he should have came back for the GB game at very latest. Coming back for the Bears game that is pretty much a given win speaks volume in him still trying to strategies his worth.

There is a blessing in all this. The FO sent a message that they would not budge no matter what superstar player you are, if you still have years in your contract.

Cant wait for Sunday! Go Hawks!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkerD":3gjt3uoi said:
Uncle Si":3gjt3uoi said:
Kam is a fantastic player. I just don't see one player ever making the difference in the outcome of one game.

You seriously don't think One player can change the outcome of a game? Watch most teams when the starting QB goes down. Some players are so instrumental in the their teams execution it just isn't going to happen without them. Take the Seahawks. If any of Marshawn, Wilson, Bennett, Earl goes down it could easily be the difference in the game. Maybe add Kam to that list...maybe not. Either way some players are the difference between 8-8 and 13-3

Over the long haul, yes. But in mid game it is nearly impossible to say "had he been there we for sure win" Its the great part of team sports. These guys each get paid on their value to the team. You can toss the QB out, I can see that. But for the rest of them, plenty of other chances to win that game outside of one positional impact.

The point is, when looking at the game as a whole, there were plenty of opportunities for this team to win at the Rams and at Green Bay that they did not take advantage of.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am always going to take Kam's side on this one.*

He has every right to decide that his health is worth more than he agreed to. Because the cost in terms of health is higher anyway.

When Kam signed that contract 2 years ago, concussions were just starting to appear as a national issue. Yes they were brought up before, but were not acknowledged as a real issue that affects all the players commonly.

Now, the studies are something like 95% have CTE. Not only will they get brain damage but they have it already and every game makes that worse. How much in millions is worth not being able to go a day without pain, or losing your ability to control urges/emotions, or even the crippling depression that can accompany this kind of brain damage.

Isn't that up to Kam to decide what that is worth?

When Kam signed that deal it was clear that his health could suffer in the future (hence the compensation $$$) but it was not clear just how high the % chance it would occur or how significant the damage was going to be.

We now know it is greater even though we still don't know the entire cost.

Still, completely reasonable to me that Kam should have the right to say his health is worth more - contract or no.

Now people are upset because they lost 2 games! Seems petty to contrast the small loss (your entertainment) with his (his health, cognitive ability, future ability to enjoy the money he even makes).

Kam made a decision that, for him, his value to the team and the value of football to him are significant enough that he decided to end his holdout. Instead of castigating him for a choice he had every right to make, you should be happy he made the choice to come back and help this team.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
drdiags":29xvford said:
Glad he and team can move forward. He could be moved this off-season, see J Graham/NO Saints after last year's contract residue. How quickly this can be put behind everyone the better.

I think they will have to bring him back slowly or he could be sidelined due to not being in football shape. In the end, if his health holds up, I think he plays 10 quality regular season games. At most 12, giving him a 2-game ramp up before he is back to full go. My conservative nature says 4-game ramp up, thus my 10 quality game prediction.

The coaches will evaluate his playing condition in the next few days. If he looks good, then I see him playing up to 10-15 plays this Sunday. I believe that it is important psychologically for the team.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2f3yy8l1 said:
hawknation2015":2f3yy8l1 said:
vin.couve12":2f3yy8l1 said:
I've stated that Kam accomplished his goals for next year. The Team have accomplished their goals for this year. And like Bobby Wagner said not too long ago, it means what it means.

Kam "accomplished his goals for next year" by demonstrating unequivocally that he will end a holdout while gaining ZERO dollars, that the team will not budge from their initial offer just because a player threatens to harm the team, and that a holdout is a totally fruitless exercise that generated nothing except ill will from the public.

:sarcasm_off:
Again with the public crap. It means nothing. Hell, even to be a good football player you have to ignore the noise. Kam doesn't owe you anything or anyone else. Dude's got a handful of years left playing football and then he's off for the rest of his life.

Obviously Kam cut so many of you so deeply with this. :lol: It's like growing up and realizing how rough the world can be, but it is what it is.

Public opinion certainly matters when a company looks at marketability. I felt Kam was on the verge on being on the marketable level of a Troy Polamalu, because he was so well respected and considered the hardest hitter in the league on the best defense in the league.

I'm not sure what you mean by "cut me deeply." I am happy to have him back; Kam is an incredible player and person. Do I think he has sufficient business acumen to make sound financial decisions on his future? No, but most players don't, which is why they are supposed to surround themselves with smart business people who will advise them against this kind of fruitless, self-destructive holdout.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
akscoundrel":39do8qeo said:
He came back soon enough, so i can forgive him. No point in continuing to be butthurt about it. First two game of the season is nothing, is a huge boost for the team, the ship will be righted, kam is rested and will play like a man possessed

Kam doesn't need you to forgive him nor does care if you do or not. I don't know if that sounds harsh but it's true

vin.couve12

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2dp491vo said:
I am always going to take Kam's side on this one.*

He has every right to decide that his health is worth more than he agreed to. Because the cost in terms of health is higher anyway.

When Kam signed that contract 2 years ago, concussions were just starting to appear as a national issue. Yes they were brought up before, but were not acknowledged as a real issue that affects all the players commonly.

Now, the studies are something like 95% have CTE. Not only will they get brain damage but they have it already and every game makes that worse. How much in millions is worth not being able to go a day without pain, or losing your ability to control urges/emotions, or even the crippling depression that can accompany this kind of brain damage.

Isn't that up to Kam to decide what that is worth?

When Kam signed that deal it was clear that his health could suffer in the future (hence the compensation $$$) but it was not clear just how high the % chance it would occur or how significant the damage was going to be.

We now know it is greater even though we still don't know the entire cost.

Still, completely reasonable to me that Kam should have the right to say his health is worth more - contract or no.

Now people are upset because they lost 2 games! Seems petty to contrast the small loss (your entertainment) with his (his health, cognitive ability, future ability to enjoy the money he even makes).

Kam made a decision that, for him, his value to the team and the value of football to him are significant enough that he decided to end his holdout. Instead of castigating him for a choice he had every right to make, you should be happy he made the choice to come back and help this team.

Most of these people haven't even played a down of football in their life and so players are just expendable, weekly entertainment.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm thrilled he's back, and my personal belief is that he needs to mend a few fences with his teammates and coaches, first, and then we fans. We shouldn't expect everything to happen over night, but our next two games are at home versus struggling teams so we can ease him into things.

It seems that he's still having a hard time letting go of his pride (hence the tweets) but I do think he deserves a bit of grace on that. Keep in mind that he's still quite young and probably hasn't had an ass-whooping like this in this in quite a while.

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm late to the party so I'm sorry for asking, but has Kam spoke yet? Other than the forgiveness text to Stephen A.

Can't say that I'm all that excited right now. I'll be at the Clink a couple times this year and won't boo him, but I don't think I'll cheer for him either. I don't want to be petty and I do think he can work himself back into some good graces, but a lot of damage has been done. I hope this team can find a way through it.

This team is never short on drama.

For me, it will go a long way if Kam owns his mistake. If he throws jabs it will sour me for good on him. This whole thing was an exercise in futility and I'm damn proud of PCJS for not giving in.

Rob12

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2chdvawh said:
I'm thrilled he's back, and my personal belief is that he needs to mend a few fences with his teammates and coaches, first, and then we fans. We shouldn't expect everything to happen over night, but our next two games are at home versus struggling teams so we can ease him into things.

It seems that he's still having a hard time letting go of his pride (hence the tweets) but I do think he deserves a bit of grace on that. Keep in mind that he's still quite young and probably hasn't had an ass-whooping like this in this in quite a while.

Agreed. My biggest fear at this point is that he may feel that he doesn't owe his teammates a thing, the coaches even less, and the fans the least.

I have a feeling that he doesn't want to be here. It's just a gut feeling and I hope I'm wrong.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
vin.couve12":18vowpcb said:
Most of these people haven't even played a down of football in their life and so players are just expendable, weekly entertainment.

I don't see anyone here who has taken such a childish viewpoint. The question is whether this holdout constituted a smart business decision. Most rational people, when examining all of the facts, would agree that is was certainly not a smart business decision. It cost Kam way more than it gained for him, which is less than nothing.

Spectre

Reaction score
Put him out there, and then every time we have a double-digit lead, pull him until it starts getting close again. Every time. Every. Damn. Game. Screw him

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":3tvnq1p1 said:
I'm late to the party so I'm sorry for asking, but has Kam spoke yet? Other than the forgiveness text to Stephen A.

Can't say that I'm all that excited right now. I'll be at the Clink a couple times this year and won't boo him, but I don't think I'll cheer for him either. I don't want to be petty and I do think he can work himself back into some good graces, but a lot of damage has been done. I hope this team can find a way through it.

This team is never short on drama.

For me, it will go a long way if Kam owns his mistake. If he throws jabs it will sour me for good on him. This whole thing was an exercise in futility and I'm damn proud of PCJS for not giving in.

Kam had a press conference at VMAC today. He basically said he's put the business aspect aside until after the season and is ready to take the field with the team and play some football. Neither he nor Pete would speak about any of the financial aspects either present or future.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Kam giggled when someone asked about the a message to the fans. I'm sure he was thinking about all the people he blocked. I'm sure he'll feel a warm welcome on Sunday (if he plays) and maybe we'll all get unblocked! Haha! :lol:

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/646770400668418048[/tweet]

kearly

Reaction score
DJrmb":1yfil4d7 said:
I agree that Kam's absence in both of the first 2 games surely decreased the win probability %. However, we have no clue how much that decreased the percent chance of winning those games and it's very much possible that we would have started 0-2 no matter what.

I'm guessing, but my expectation is that Seattle had a 90% or 95% win probability before Bailey blew it. It's far more probable than not that Seattle wins in week 1 with Kam.

The Packers game is harder to say. But I think it's very unlikely we'd be 0-2 if Kam had never held out.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Sealake80":3ukuyue0 said:
Hopefully this is the end of the Jerry Springer special portion of this season on .net. Fun to see most everyone so happy. A few people will have a hard time letting go of their righteous hatred for the "traitor". Have fun with that.

I can't wait to see our guy smashing fools. :snack:

I suppose that I can sheepishly retire my unused troll personae "Benedict Chancellor" and "Chancellor Palpatine."

Rob12

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":3ja60b64 said:
Kam giggled when someone asked about the a message to the fans. I'm sure he was thinking about all the people he blocked. I'm sure he'll feel a warm welcome on Sunday (if he plays) and maybe we'll all get unblocked! Haha! :lol:

If I were him I would have probably felt offended too. But things like this will always get strong fan reactions. I personally think that I was wrong to let it bother me as much as it did, but I love this team first. When players make choices to hurt the team, most fans side with the team. Hopefully Kam understands that. None of us are paying big money just to watch No. 31 - we've sold out the Clink since 2003 because we love our team.

In a perfect world, this just becomes a bad memory, but something that we can fully recover from.

Latest posts