Kam is IN the Building!!!!!!! (The New KAM Topic)

akscoundrel

Reaction score
He came back soon enough, so i can forgive him. No point in continuing to be butthurt about it. First two game of the season is nothing, is a huge boost for the team, the ship will be righted, kam is rested and will play like a man possessed

rastahawk

Reaction score
I am glad he's back! I've never chimed in on the Kam situation before because every man has a right to attempt to improve his employment situation. People who are average and not in demand can't really comprehend it. He's out there putting his health on the line and he does it with reckless abandon. With everything we know about the lasting effects of football now, players have to be more educated and mindful of making their time count! Regardless of what Joe Blow fan boy wants.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3joi6hzy said:
Kam is a fantastic player. I just don't see one player ever making the difference in the outcome of one game.

You seriously don't think One player can change the outcome of a game? Watch most teams when the starting QB goes down. Some players are so instrumental in the their teams execution it just isn't going to happen without them. Take the Seahawks. If any of Marshawn, Wilson, Bennett, Earl goes down it could easily be the difference in the game. Maybe add Kam to that list...maybe not. Either way some players are the difference between 8-8 and 13-3

hawknation2015

Reaction score
rastahawk":2eu24n2s said:
I am glad he's back! I've never chimed in on the Kam situation before because every man has a right to attempt to improve his employment situation. People who are average and not in demand can't really comprehend it. He's out there putting his health on the line and he does it with reckless abandon. With everything we know about the lasting effects of football now, players have to be more educated and mindful of making their time count! Regardless of what Joe Blow fan boy wants.

The average Seahawks fan wanted Kam back and didn't want to set the precedent of allowing a bad faith holdout to lead to a new contract. And that's exactly what they got.

If you think you are improving your employment situation by losing yourself a million dollars in fines and game checks and negatively impacting your reputation, only to return two weeks later with your tail between your legs, then by all means do it.

hawk45

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3vcuve1k said:
rastahawk":3vcuve1k said:

The average Seahawks fan wanted Kam back and didn't want to set the precedent of allowing a bad faith holdout to lead to a new contract. And that's exactly what they got.

If you think you are improving your employment situation by losing yourself a million dollars in fines and game checks and negatively impacting your reputation, only to return two weeks later with your tail between your legs, then by all means do it.

This.

Somehow there seems to be a sentiment that irked fans are just naive little kids that don't understand the NFL is a business.

Most of the irked fans are irked because they actually understand the business part better than the "he plays so hard he should do whatever he can" crowd. Kam had no leverage and no chance of accomplishing anything other than hurting the team right from the start.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1sr4ow3q said:
pmedic920":1sr4ow3q said:
CodeWarrior":1sr4ow3q said:
I'll be booing him as loud as I can from section 134 come Sunday.

You're full grown and can absolutely do as you please but I hope you are kidding around.
I'm mad at him as well but I think the team needs all the support they can get.
IMHO healing will need to take place and if the fans offer support, the players will feel it, that will in turn help them in their process.
If the fans are split half booing and half screaming support, I think it will be like alcohol on a wound.
Just my opinion.

No, I wasn't kidding, but I did come around to just keeping my trap shut. No cheers, but no boos, either. I've already detailed my thinking in this thread.
Good to see you decided to come back and end your, well, you know.
Ironic isn't it.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
hawk45":yzi21myt said:
hawknation2015":yzi21myt said:
rastahawk":yzi21myt said:

This.

Somehow there seems to be a sentiment that irked fans are just naive little kids that don't understand the NFL is a business.

Most of the irked fans are irked because they actually understand the business part better than the "he plays so hard he should do whatever he can" crowd. Kam had no leverage and no chance of accomplishing anything other than hurting the team right from the start.

Well, he has some leverage. Just not enough to fully get what he wanted.

As a side note, I'm curious when the day will be that multiple players hold out in support of one. Could u imagine earl, Richard and lynch holding out as well until kam got what he wanted?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
No, Joe Blow fan boys saw things very specifically only from a team perspective and not from a player perspective, but took it to a level well beyond irrational, seemingly incapable of seeing the business side of things with any manner of clear vision. Kam very much accomplished his goals for next year one way or the other and the Seahawks accomplished their goal for this season in standing pat.

The average fan of just about every team is a complete nutjob about their team. The average fan also isn't like that about much of anything else in their lives either. That's just the way it works with football.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
hawk45":3fcfcbji said:
Any leverage Kam gained by poor defensive performances during his absence is cancelled out by the Seahawks making the statement that they won't budge for this kind of move. This wasn't some masterful play by Kam, it was a WTF from the beginning. And the Seahawks saying they'll think about doing something next offseason doesn't prove otherwise. The key is, it'll be completely on their terms because they've set precedent that you holding out with multiple years left is your glitch.
What did the Seahawks say? Source?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
tdlabrie":8f3rt5dq said:
He'll pull this stunt again next year -- he practically guaranteed it himself -- and IMO the FO is going to boot him.
What on earth makes you think that? Kam is so eager to lose even more money?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
vin.couve12":hd7l4ze5 said:
No, Joe Blow fan boys saw things very specifically only from a team perspective and not from a player perspective, but took it to a level well beyond irrational, seemingly incapable of seeing the business side of things with any manner of clear vision. Kam very much accomplished his goals for next year one way or the other and the Seahawks accomplished their goal for this season in standing pat.

The average fan of just about every team is a complete nutjob about their team. The average fan also isn't like that about much of anything else in their lives either. That's just the way it works with football.

Kam still has two years left on his contract, after this season, so holding out next year would be a doubly stupid "business decision." The Seahawks showed very clearly they will not budge from their position just because a player threatens a bad faith holdout.

If Kam or any player decides to holdout again, they should very clearly expect NOTHING in return from the team. The team may or may not offer a slight adjustment in guaranteed money, but they have shown to be highly unlikely to budge from their initial offer.

They did not budge for Marshawn Lynch in his prime, sticking to their original adjustment that was offered before he missed a few days of training camp. They did not budge for a healthy, 27-year-old Kam Chancellor, despite not having a suitable replacement for two games.

What are the chances they will budge for a 28-year-old Chancellor of unknown health with the time and resources to draft or develop a suitable backup strong safety? Slim to none.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
scutterhawk":g3zz2zyk said:
CodeWarrior":g3zz2zyk said:
pmedic920":g3zz2zyk said:
CodeWarrior":g3zz2zyk said:
I'll be booing him as loud as I can from section 134 come Sunday.

You're full grown and can absolutely do as you please but I hope you are kidding around.
I'm mad at him as well but I think the team needs all the support they can get.
IMHO healing will need to take place and if the fans offer support, the players will feel it, that will in turn help them in their process.
If the fans are split half booing and half screaming support, I think it will be like alcohol on a wound.
Just my opinion.

No, I wasn't kidding, but I did come around to just keeping my trap shut. No cheers, but no boos, either. I've already detailed my thinking in this thread.
Good to see you decided to come back and end your, well, you know.
Ironic isn't it.

No, not at all. Then again it was a terrible attempt at drawing parallels.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It sucks that we are 0-2 and Kam absolutely shares responsibility for that. I'll get over it, but I sort of hope they don't announce the defense on Sunday (but I know they are going to).

NFSeahawks628":2dl08obt said:
Because it's a team game. No one person is greater than the whole ever, in any situation, ever, at any time.
Is this supposed to be a quote for a motivational book or do you truly believe that individual plays do not impact football outcomes? The margin between victory and defeat in the NFL is very often swung by a single good (or bad) play. Think of any close game and you can come up with at least 5 individual plays that impacted the outcome.

kearly":2dl08obt said:
Maybe we are 0-2, or 1-1, or 2-0 with Kam. Nobody can say for sure, but remember that games turn on a single play all the time. His absence definitely hurt our chances to win those games, and hurt them substantially.
This is the only way to look at it. If you believe that Kam would have been more effective than his replacements then he absolutely cost us probabilistic winning percentage. Rational decisions and feelings can only be derived from probabilistic outcomes - spending your kids food money on lotto tickets is a bad decision whether you hit the jackpot or not. Betting somebody that the Seahawks will win on Sunday straight up is a good bet regardless of what actually happens.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the end of the Jerry Springer special portion of this season on .net. Fun to see most everyone so happy. A few people will have a hard time letting go of their righteous hatred for the "traitor". Have fun with that.

I can't wait to see our guy smashing fools. :snack:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2pcxudlw said:
vin.couve12":2pcxudlw said:

Kam still has two years left on his contract, after this season, so holding out next year would be a doubly stupid "business decision." The Seahawks showed very clearly they will not budge from their position just because a player threatens a bad faith holdout.

If Kam or any player decides to holdout again, they should very clearly expect NOTHING in return from the team. The team may or may not offer a slight adjustment in guaranteed money, but they have shown to be highly unlikely to budge from their initial offer.

They did not budge for Marshawn Lynch in his prime, sticking to their original adjustment that was offered before he missed a few days of training camp. They did not budge for a healthy, 27-year-old Kam Chancellor, despite not having a suitable replacement for two games.

What are the chances they will budge for a 28-year-old Chancellor of unknown health with the time and resources to draft or develop a suitable backup strong safety? Slim to none.
You're still thinking about this like Madden assets. First of all, you don't want to turn a player caustic in a locker room and absolutely not the one that everyone looks up to. Second of all, it can get caustic to a point where EVERYONE wants out if said player is influential enough that the situations changes the entire locker room dynamic. Everyone should have already learned their lesson with that and he'd get traded before that happens.

It is absolutely MOST important, how the players view a given front office. Once that label sticks, it's hard to get it off.

It's important how an organization looks viewed by the fans as well, but this is a business. If they win, people will come, but in order to win, all pieces have to be in the right places.

I'm actually kind of mind blown at the views in here that just look at these contracts like a player signed it with their soul, the view thinking about the team even, but then completely disregard just how much weight some of these players carry and how damaging things can turn out when you don't see the big picture....the forest for the trees. In acting human in these views, somehow the humanity is actually forgotten. It's just plain odd. Reminds me of crazy churches, which is not all, I might add.

EDIT: Queue the line where someone makes a envious statement about how much money they make....

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Watching press conference with Kam and Pete- sounds like he will play Sunday.

kidhawk

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":3nmzhe6u said:
Watching press conference with Kam and Pete- sounds like he will play Sunday.

I wouldn't be surprised if he played, but that's not at all what Pete said. He said they'd take it one day at a time. He said they'd love to have him play on Sunday but they'd be taking it one day at a time.

He also added that they have not activated him yet and that they have up to 2 weeks on the exempt list if they need it