Kam Chancellor is the best SS in the game

Rocket

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1cyklwne said:
We're paying him too much. We must force him to take a discount or cut him so we can save money for... something or other at some point in the future.
:mrgreen:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3elwccoj said:
We're paying him too much. We must force him to take a discount or cut him so we can save money for... something or other at some point in the future.
:shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
seahawks.gif

kidhawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1hucu17m said:
and is the third-best defensive player in our own backfield.

Think about that for a second so we can appreciate what we have here.

Go Hawks.

On a similar note, they were discussing whether Richard Sherman was (not the best corner, but) the best Defensive Back in Football. 2 of the three said he was and used his ability to get turnovers (INTS) as the main focus of their argument. The third said Revis COULD be, but more interestingly he said that Sherman was only the 2nd best DB on his own team and said that he felt that Thomas was better, citing that QB's he's talked to (he named a handful but I can't recall for sure which ones so I won't repeat them here) and they'd said that Thomas' ability to make up ground and be in an area that was just open a split second ago, is what they fear on our team.

Anyway, that would make Kam 3rd best on our team and just thought it was an interesting discussion

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Blitzer88":hqbh61v7 said:

LOOK at that velocity and LEGAL impact! Holy CRAP that never gets old. No wonder Kenny Easley loves him.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Yes he is the best SS in the league. (Was that ever in question?) And, yes, that is an amazing thing to ponder - that he's the Seahawks 3rd best DB. Great post. I don't really tend to name favorite players (except for my boys.) But, if I did... Kam would be one.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
And on top of that. he may have had the Best playoff run that ANY safety has EVER had. His playoffs were THAT good. Imagine if he brings that all year next year!!!!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The best Corner
The best FS
The best SS
another surprise corner who could prove this season to be #2 in the league if he plays like he was last year.

Secondary has always been my favorite position group. Not just saying that because of LOB. I think it probably has a lot to do with growing up watching those 80's teams and how fun the secondary was to watch for many of those years, and also I'm a madden player - secondary is always important to make sure you don't get beat by cheap players online.

drcool

Reaction score
Rocking my Kam Chancellor jersey today at the office. I think most 12s (I know I do) take for granted just how talented our secondary is. Take Chancellor, Thomas, or Sherman and they would be instant starters on any other team. If you try to figure out the top 5 secondary guys in the league I don't think it is a stretch to put those three in there along with Peterson and Revis.

Guardian

Reaction score
I'd give chancellor a slight edge over Sherman. Not knocking Sherman, he's the best corner in the game, but chancellor is more valuable to the defense.

1 Thomas
2 Chancellor
3 Sherman

All 3 the best in the league at their position... Wow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3paio1zj said:
and is the third-best defensive player in our own backfield.

Think about that for a second so we can appreciate what we have here.

Go Hawks.
That's what Shannon Sharp said days following the Super Bowl on Sirius radio. He said Seattle has the best corner, best FS, best SS in the NFL, ALL in the same defensive backfield.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This secondary is going to go down in annals of history as one of the best and most memorable. Right now, they ARE the Seattle Seahawks. Why anyone wouldn't want to see these three elite players do their thing together for as long as possible is beyond me. This goes beyond winning percentages. They're building a legacy that will be directly tied to Seattle and will be remembered for decades. That's bigger than cap space. Arguably, that's even bigger than any single ring (beyond the first). You young guys will one day be talking about how Seattle's 2040 secondary just can't compare to the Legion of Boom.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
My Avatar is a screen grab I took of him staring down Welker in the Super bowl. I can watch that play over and over again.

Latest posts