Kam Chancellor: If my body says I can play, I'm playing

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Pete Carroll said at the end of mini camp that Kam has not completed the testing necessary to determine if his neck is healed. If Kam is not willing to do the testing.....then it is safe to say, he will not be playing any more NFL football.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1ifkohwd said:
Pete Carroll said at the end of mini camp that Kam has not completed the testing necessary to determine if his neck is healed. If Kam is not willing to do the testing.....then it is safe to say, he will not be playing any more NFL football.

Agree, but I believe Kam is willing to. I thought it was the end of last month he was testing, but now I'm uncertain just when he plans to do it but am certain he will.

Edit....here it is.
Seahawks general manager John Schneider said before the draft that Chancellor was scheduled to have a scan in late June or early July.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1cp889m1 said:

I don't see that "not completed" equals "not willing to."

Just means he's not close to being anywhere near healthy enough to play football...........and like I said above, I don't think he ever will.

As much as I love Kam, that's probably a good thing. He's got nothing left to prove, and I'd love to see him coach. He's got star coach written all over him. If I was Pete I'd keep that relationship as solid as possible in case coaching is something that interests Kam.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seymour":2ik349l4 said:
Bigpumpkin":2ik349l4 said:

Agree, but I believe Kam is willing to. I thought it was the end of last month he was testing, but now I'm uncertain just when he plans to do it but am certain he will.

Edit....here it is.
Seahawks general manager John Schneider said before the draft that Chancellor was scheduled to have a scan in late June or early July.

My experience from observing folks with his condition is that they will be told that their condition COULD be exacerbated with trauma to the area. Most people (99%) will not put themselves in circumstances which could cause further damage.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2wu3oca7 said:
Seymour":2wu3oca7 said:
Bigpumpkin":2wu3oca7 said:

Edit....here it is.

My experience from observing folks with his condition is that they will be told that their condition COULD be exacerbated with trauma to the area. Most people (99%) will not put themselves in circumstances which could cause further damage.

I don't doubt he never plays again. I just believe he wants to and will do all he can to make that happen.

Any BTW....nearly any injury "COULD be exacerbated with trauma to the area" including repeated concussions.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The doctors aren’t going to clear him if the structural damage poses an obvious risk of spinal paralysis.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Stick a fork in him, he's done!

This is a sad and unfortunate situation, but goes with the territory when you play with the violence Kam brought to the game.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1s9itc7m said:
Seymour":1s9itc7m said:
Bigpumpkin":1s9itc7m said:

Edit....here it is.

What experience is that may I ask?
What condition does he have?I always thought it was just a stinger..
I know Avril's was a condition but Kam?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1eyeyser said:
Bigpumpkin":1eyeyser said:
Seymour":1eyeyser said:
Bigpumpkin":1eyeyser said:

Edit....here it is.

Kam says in the quote above that there is some structural issue with his neck.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2fzkkmv8 said:
IndyHawk":2fzkkmv8 said:
Bigpumpkin":2fzkkmv8 said:
Seymour":2fzkkmv8 said:

Edit....here it is.

Kam says in the quote above that there is some structural issue with his neck.
Ok I missed that but I was looking for a medical term..
I guess we will know the whole story in about 2 weeks.