Kaepernicks worried/panicked looking face in both home games

Bluesbro

Reaction score
Largent80":9bgchsjw said:
Pressure on Seattle?....In Seattle?......You actually said that?

The pressure is for Kap to try and find a way to not lay another egg. Good luck with that.

Our defense will play the same game they always play, and that doesn't bode well for Kap and the 9ers.

There is a pressure in the expectation to win, when the team has every advantage. Do you not agree?

Polaris

Reaction score
Bluesbro":t0pwu45n said:
Largent80":t0pwu45n said:

The pressure is for Kap to try and find a way to not lay another egg. Good luck with that.

Our defense will play the same game they always play, and that doesn't bode well for Kap and the 9ers.

There is a pressure in the expectation to win, when the team has every advantage. Do you not agree?

If you believe the national talking heads, the team that has "every advantage" is San Fran.

253hawk

Reaction score
Bluesbro":2hdk7udy said:
Outscored Wilson 37-28 on the Wonderlic given at the combine. 4.0 honor student in school. The question of intelligence is a myth.

The level of a QB's ability based on a Wonderlic score is a myth. So Russ has a 28. Drew Brees? 28. Peyton Manning? 28. Phillip Rivers? 30. John Elway? 29. Brett Favre? 22. Dan Marino? 15. And let's not forget Ryan Fitzpatrick and his high score...a lot of good it's doing him. It's a decent metric in its own right, but it's still flawed.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
No worries. Kaepernick will have his Beats headphones implanted in his helmet this time to help take him to his happy place.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Polaris":1e4fj090 said:
Sgt. Largent":1e4fj090 said:
Largent80":1e4fj090 said:

I don't think anyone's worried about our defense vs. Kaepernick, what we're worried about is how is our offense going to score. Sure we won 29-3 in September, but remember that game was 5-0 until the 3rd quarter, and you could argue that our offense isn't playing as well as it was then.

I'm scared to death that we're going to have another Arizona game where our offense can't get ANYTHING going, which means one or two stupid fluky plays going SF's way gives them scores.

Honestly, I think we (as fans) are acting a little too scared of Arizona of late. Yes, Seattle's offense was putrid that game, and yes it was a rare home loss. What I think a lot of us are forgetting is just how many bad breaks went Arizona's way to even allow this to happen....and it wasn't a game that Seattle really needed (and frankly they played like it).

In short, I think the Arizona game was a bit of an anomaly and should be regarded as such.

I guess we'll find out. But this is the first time we've played a defense of Arizona's caliber that can cage rush and force Russell and our WR's to get off press cover and make plays downfield.

Polaris

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":209w41wt said:
I guess we'll find out. But this is the first time we've played a defense of Arizona's caliber that can cage rush and force Russell and our WR's to get off press cover and make plays downfield.

Actually (going by DVOA) Arizona's defense was better (in fact much better) than San Fran's defense.

Largent80

Reaction score
In the end, it is just a football game. I like the fact our team has played the same defense for every game, each player knows his job and how to back up the next guy, that takes a lot of pressure off. While in turn it applies pressure to the opposing team.

Seattle is playing at home, and hasn't won a trophy yet. I think they are loose and confident, and that pressure is something for people to talk about.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Polaris":9tmiide9 said:
Sgt. Largent":9tmiide9 said:

Actually (going by DVOA) Arizona's defense was better (in fact much better) than San Fran's defense.

Both are VERY good defenses, so I'm not going to split hairs.

My hope with this game is Pete and Darrell let Russell come out and make plays with his arm, and not get into trying to win a 10-7 game. The margin of error is just too thin and like I said with the Arizona game fluky things can happen that cause us to lose.

If Pete trusts Russell, I mean REALLY trusts him.........the damn it take the conservative chains off him and let's go win this thing 24-7, not 10-7.

Bluesbro

Reaction score
253hawk":2588gvmm said:
Bluesbro":2588gvmm said:
Outscored Wilson 37-28 on the Wonderlic given at the combine. 4.0 honor student in school. The question of intelligence is a myth.

The level of a QB's ability based on a Wonderlic score is a myth. So Russ has a 28. Drew Brees? 28. Peyton Manning? 28. Phillip Rivers? 30. John Elway? 29. Brett Favre? 22. Dan Marino? 15. And let's not forget Ryan Fitzpatrick and his high score...a lot of good it's doing him. It's a decent metric in its own right, but it's still flawed.

Andrew Luck had a 37 too btw. And I never said the Wondelic was the deciding factor in a QB. Just responding to the consistently wrong belief that he is dumb, based solely on appearance and monotone pressers. The Wondelic measure more than 'book smarts' though. Cut and paste below.

By measuring an individual’s ability to learn, adapt, solve problems and understand instructions, these student cognitive ability tests help you select students and place them in compatible training programs where they are most likely to succeed.

Those look like attributes that define a QB to me. Certainly athletic ability and having a strong team around you helps ... both of which Kaepernick and Wilson have benefited from.

Anyway, can't wait until Sunday. Cheers for the NFC BEST!

Kaiser

Reaction score
John elway looked panicked every snap he ever played.

Looked.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bluesbro":2luwdwxs said:
253hawk":2luwdwxs said:
Bluesbro":2luwdwxs said:

Andrew Luck had a 37 too btw. And I never said the Wondelic was the deciding factor in a QB. Just responding to the consistently wrong belief that he is dumb, based solely on appearance and monotone pressers. The Wondelic measure more than 'book smarts' though. Cut and paste below.

By measuring an individual’s ability to learn, adapt, solve problems and understand instructions, these student cognitive ability tests help you select students and place them in compatible training programs where they are most likely to succeed.

Those look like attributes that define a QB to me. Certainly athletic ability and having a strong team around you helps ... both of which Kaepernick and Wilson have benefited from.

Anyway, can't wait until Sunday. Cheers for the NFC BEST!

Wonderlic: Marino 13, Fitzpatrick 45.

Bluesbro

Reaction score
Scott ... Mario has a quick release, a rifle arm and two great wide outs to start his career. Fitz had none of those skills, and the Bills. If you had read what I typed, I was not citing the Wondelic scores to say who was the better QB ... just who is not dumb, as he is consistently portrayed.

For what it is worth, I like the Seahawks and Wilson in particular. The only Seahawk I can't stand is Richard 'glorified practice' Sherman. I realize it is his schtick, but he is entirely unlikeable. And if Seattle wins, I will be rooting for them to win the SB ... especially if it is the Patriots from the AFC. I wonder how many fans on this board would say the same thing if the 49ers win this weekend?

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":t7lbjaz0 said:
Largent80":t7lbjaz0 said:

I don't think anyone's worried about our defense vs. Kaepernick, what we're worried about is how is our offense going to score. Sure we won 29-3 in September, but remember that game was 5-0 until the 3rd quarter, and you could argue that our offense isn't playing as well as it was then.

I'm scared to death that we're going to have another Arizona game where our offense can't get ANYTHING going, which means one or two stupid fluky plays going SF's way gives them scores.

And yet in that very game RW completed only 8 passes, and now somehow we are in peril?.......Not buying it.

Not only that but our DEFENSE is perfectly capable of scoring. Couple that with the team racking up the most yards on the ground is 8-0 in the last 8 games between the 2 teams.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Bluesbro":732daijy said:
All the pressure is on Seattle. Favorite all year, in the Seahawks yard with the 12th man. If the 49ers lose, well, they were underdogs anyway. But if the Hawks lose ... they will have lost when they had every advantage (home field throughout, the bye). There is something to say about the 'nothing to lose' scenario.

"Nothing to lose" is theme of The Mighty Ducks. Jim Harbaugh is not Emilio Estevez, and Patrick Willis is not a plump pre-pubescent goalie. Granted, I haven't seen a photo of him lately, but that would come as some surprise to me.

There seems to be a transitional disconnect between Seattle being a provisional Vegas Favorite and your personal definition of "pressure." Seattle has the home-field advantage, yes, but if San Francisco truly thinks of themselves as an Elite team, then the burden of consistently performing at that level comes with that territory. We're talking, of course, about a team that was only one game back from their third straight NFC West title. A team that is now in its third straight NFC Championship Game. A team that is 41-13-1 through the last three full seasons. A talented team helmed by a proven coach.

A team that attempted to remind the city of Seattle - via a malfunctioning billboard - of their five Super Bowl titles won a generation ago.

Add to that the fact that the 49ers have fallen short of their own expectations (i.e. a Super Bowl Victory) in their previous two attempts. Pressure comes with all these factors, regardless of what a tournament seeding says.

Honestly: in the NFL playoffs, everyone feels pressure. I doubt Sean Payton was of the conceit that "Oh well! We gave it our best shot! We had nothing to lose, fellas!" when the game was over. I can tell you right now that Gordon Bombay Jim Harbaugh sure as hell won't float that nonsense in the locker room after the game, should they lose.

ivotuk

Reaction score
TXHawkFan":32p1spgl said:
No worries. Kaepernick will have his Beats headphones implanted in his helmet this time to help take him to his happy place.

Yea but that usually ends with discharged firearms and knife wounds! :twisted:

The Outfield

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":245xk8xf said:
You're all welcome. :)

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/735x600q90/405/kaep3.png[img]

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/735x630q90/221/kaep4.png[img]

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/602x631q90/803/kaep5.png[img]

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/417x631q90/96/kaep2.png[img]

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/588x631q90/805/kaep1.png[img]

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/485x631q90/402/kaep6.png[img][/quote]

Absolutely priceless progression of facial expressions.

hawk45

Reaction score
Wonderlic, huh? All I know right now is that Russell hasn't crumbled at SF and that Kaep has crumbled twice at SEA. Not saying he won't lock it down better Sunday, esp with Crabtree back, but right now playing in our house is the challenge he hasn't surmounted yet.

Man I'm so excited for Sunday.