Just a reminder

AubHawk71

Reaction score
This is Pete's team now. Any discussion of whether a HOF QB like RW is the problem is rendered moot.

Every dollar you spend on merch, tix, overpriced beer and nachos...a small percentage goes into Pete's wallet. If you are happy with that, then that is your right. Me, not so much.

Enjoy Peteball. Nobody besides Pete does.

emurri

Reaction score
I've been a Hawk fan since 84. Pete or Russ has nothing to do with it.
I totally agree! I will always be a fan, a player or coach or owner will not change that. I will be critical and I know I am only a fan and coaches, GM’s and players are way smarter in relationship to football than I will ever be. I will also admit when I am wrong. I just want the Seahawks to win.

emurri

Reaction score
ill gladly enjoy pete ball. if pete ball is what (and did ) get us to, two superbowls im fine with it. If pete ball is what made our games last year at the end with Penny ripping it up worked then im fine with it.
I have been critical of Pete the past few years but I think PeteBall can work. I am excited to see them rebuild this team. I don’t think we are going to be great next year or maybe the next and that’s ok. I just want them to build the right way.

Improve the lines, get some running back depth and get a solid number one corner and one more nasty linebacker and then focus on getting your QB. I think with the draft capital and money we can get this done in the next few years.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
This is Pete's team now. Any discussion of whether a HOF QB like RW is the problem is rendered moot.

Every dollar you spend on merch, tix, overpriced beer and nachos...a small percentage goes into Pete's wallet. If you are happy with that, then that is your right. Me, not so much.

I do enjoy had hitting vicious defenses and a run game that wears teams down. Pete may be old but he knows how to get the best out of his players.

acer1240

Reaction score
I've been around since '76. Anyone who is critical of Pete has a right to do so but is dead wrong. If Russ was so great why couldn't he fit into the "system"?

I was a big Jim Mora fan and was excited about his promotion. History proved me wrong but I can tell you that Pete Carroll is the best thing that ever happened to the Seahawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of us have been fans since 76. People can and should fan how they want. Even if we don't all agree. It's all a matter of opinion on Pete. And that's fine.
I'm ready for a change, but until I see it, I won't believe he's going to do anything different than he has. Same frustrating crap year after year. And yes, I appreciate what he has been to this team.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I have to give Pete Carroll the benefit of the doubt. He's earned it. I think it was time for #3 to move on and I wish him the best ....sort of. This is an exciting time to be a Seahawk fan and I'm interested to see what they build moving forward. I don't think Pete's system requires a top 5 quarterback to win. A top 5 defense and a top tier special teams and a heavy duty run game, keep it close and wear the opposition down .

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Hawks fan since 1980 when I moved to Seattle from the Midwest.

Chuck Knox changed the culture... Mike Holmgren took it up a notch or two... and Pete Carroll trumped that in spades.

I'm still in Pete's corner.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

It has always been Pete's team since he has been here.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I will never understand people who want to open up a revolving door at the head coach spot when you've got a stable successful one already.

OP
OP
AubHawk71

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Jeez. Clutching those pearls mighty hard.

Pete gets his contract dollars whether or not you partake. Have fun elsewhere, I guess.

Don't forget to cheer hard and long for (alleged) sexual predator D Watson, who just was handed a quarter of a billion dollars regardless. Clutch your own pearls, the NFL is broken.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete earned the benefit of the doubt 5 years ago. He still kept doing stubborn, stupid things.

He has not earned anything more. 5 years is plenty. Driving off our HOF QB probably was the breaking point.

But what is the point of railing against Pete now?

Not sure it matters much anymore. He has already salted the fields. We are going to focus on looking like a team that might make the playoffs but likely won't, and if even if it did - won't matter. Think a much much much crappier version of the Titans or even worse version of the Browns the past few years.

But there isn't anything to save. Anything worth keeping about this team is gone. Maybe the WRs will be fun to watch but not sure how considering they will still depend on competent QB play to get the balls to them - and Pete will have them blocking for the run game.

Things happen in cycles. The Lions now have a better near-term and likely med term future than we do. We are no longer a top tier team and worse, a team due for greater decline. Looking at the next 3-5 years, can you think of a team that has as bleak a future as we do?

Maybe the Giants...maybe. Certainly not the Lions. Probably Houston. In line with teams like the Panthers & Bears. Not great.

The problem is that the longer Pete stays the worse the future will become.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Don't forget to cheer hard and long for (alleged) sexual predator D Watson, who just was handed a quarter of a billion dollars regardless. Clutch your own pearls, the NFL is broken.
If you have personal guilt regarding the industries that you support for entertainment or other non-essential everyday niceties, that sounds like something you should reconcile with yourself.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow. Been a diehard since 1976. No matter the coach or the players, I am here for my team until the day I die.