Just a question for everyone to dicuss about Former Seahawks

hawksman53

Reaction score
Should the Seahawks Organization get Rings made for Steve Largent and Walter Jones, Our 2 HOF'ers? I would! Even though they weren't on the team, they are the lifeblood of our team!!

Hawk67

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander & Matt Hasselbeck, in my opinion they should have had theirs back in 2005

Basis4day

Reaction score
They're part of the teams' history, but the Super Bowl was won by this team. It's a cool thought, but not really necessary. They have the HOF and the ROH. No need for a ring.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
No. And I doubt they would want them anyway. This team did the work to get those rings! No one can ever take that away from them!

chris98251

Reaction score
I think a drawing for someone thats a Season Ticket holder for a ring would be cool, I would only pray that it's one that is a vocal ticket holder and not one that is in the cushy seats in a box somewhere.

byau

Reaction score
No. Nice thought to include them. At the same time what does that say to the current team about their efforts to win a Super Bowl?

A ring means you won the thing

There are other ways to appreciate former players. The farthest I would go is giving them a jersey of their own name and number but in the style of those worn by the players in SB 48 (colors, style, design, SB patch, etc.)

gargantual

Reaction score
Yeah if you start doing that, where do you draw the line? Easley, Green, Hasselbeck, Krieg, Zorn (I was really stoked when I thought he could get one as one of our coaches back in '05)? Really need to keep it with contributors that year. Otherwise it starts to dilute their importance.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Add Leon Washington (Locker-room), Marcus Trufant (LOB CBs drafted '10-'12), LeRoy Hill (Wright, Smith, and Morgan) and Lawyer Milloy (Earl & Kam) for great leadership contributions in helping those young players transition into the league.

And the 12th Man... they can give away a plastic version of the Ring Vs Green Bay

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
hawksman53":3ibspbiw said:
Should the Seahawks Organization get Rings made for Steve Largent and Walter Jones, Our 2 HOF'ers? I would! Even though they weren't on the team, they are the lifeblood of our team!!
Absolutely not, that is an absurd idea, and Largent and Jones are NOT "the lifeblood or our team." They were superstar players on previous Seahawks teams, but they have nothing to do with the success of the current Seahawks team and the group of men who met the President today. They've had their jersey's retired by the franchise, that's plenty. Giving them a Super Bowl ring would be tantamount to awarding an Oscar for Best Actor to someone for a film they didn't even appear in.

seanutz

Reaction score
Basis4day":38f1k43g said:
They're part of the teams' history, but the Super Bowl was won by this team. It's a cool thought, but not really necessary. They have the HOF and the ROH. No need for a ring.
:13: :13:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
No. This whole "everyone deserves a trophy" mentality is already too prevalent in society. Unless they were in the building full-time this year, they don't deserve a ring for this season's accomplishments. It would almost be an insult to the guys who got them.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Nope, not at all. Only the 2013 team, coaches etc. should get them.

Threedee

Reaction score
The team could create some special icon to award to past players who made the HOF or at least joined the Ring of Honor. That said, I think if the Seahawks win the George Halas Trophy this season, they should wear the retro uniforms to Arizona with the awesome grey helmets. Play for heritage this time around.

two dog

Reaction score
NO. I am geezer enough to have watched all those guys play and loved them to death, but no.
In honoring them you would of necessity detract from the accomplishments of the Super
Bowl team. Some of the spotlight the current players deserve would be shed on others. Honored
brethren to be sure, but others nonetheless.

I can hardly think of a tighter brotherhood than players who have won a Super Bowl together.

Latest posts