Josh Freeman released

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Not a good move IMO, but its hard to find stability (which I think he needs) at this point

pehawk

Reaction score
Raiders have a solid GM and a REALLY GOOD coach, IMO. I really like Allen. Dude's coaching his ass off down there. For real.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pehawk":2n6u3qf7 said:
Raiders have a solid GM and a REALLY GOOD coach, IMO. I really like Allen. Dude's coaching his ass off down there. For real.

I'll take your word for it, because I havent seen much yet to distinguish themselves from the same Ol raiders. Then again I haven't followed them much this year. I just know my Raiders buddy is not happy with things

Popeyejones

Reaction score
pehawk":186d3mkf said:

Agreed. That team lacks talent, not leadership or coaching.

Erebus

Reaction score
A starting job may have just opened up in Cleveland, at least temporarily, with the chance to keep it. If I were Freeman, I'd go there before Oakland. Much better team in Cleveland.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I kind of like what I've seen from Pryor so if Freeman ends up there that could set them back even more. I think the Raiders should ride out with Pryor for a season, why not?

Cleveland could use Freeman, is Chud strong enough to get the players to play for him? IDK, Schaino is a dick and needs to go ASAP.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
What a free fall for him. Started off looking so promising, and now cut by the Bucs.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I havnt followed the situation too closely I admit, but from what I've seem doesn't seem like many of Freeman's teammates are sticking up for him. That says a lot, imo. I wouldn't touch him. Maybe if he was some position other then QB, but not when he's supposed to be the leader of your team and face of your franchise.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders for a guy. Look no further than Marshawn for an example of that.

kearly

Reaction score
Has he cleared waivers? If a player is picked up on waivers, the buying team assumes his previous contract correct? That pretty much eliminates Seattle from consideration. If he clears waivers and is dirt cheap, it could be a different story. I really doubt he would though. Cleveland could use a guy like Freeman, as could Buffalo and a few other teams.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
No Kip, the Bucs will be responsible for the money above and beyond the standard contract cost for his tenure in the league. It is a steal for whomever takes him, the Bucs would literally rather piss cash than keep the guy.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pehawk":s3au3q7y said:
I disagree, Seven. Reid loves him some longball. Loves, loves, loves longball.

I'm with Seven on this. Reid tried to trade for Smith a couple times, reportedly. He might love the long ball, but he loves dink and dunk QBs with high ball security even more. See Kolb, Kevin.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":36adp0fj said:
pehawk":36adp0fj said:
I disagree, Seven. Reid loves him some longball. Loves, loves, loves longball.

I'm with Seven on this. Reid tried to trade for Smith a couple times, reportedly. He might love the long ball, but he loves dink and dunk QBs with high ball security even more. See Kolb, Kevin.

In theory, yes. But, much like the run game, Reid can get impatient as a playcaller. When he gets impatient its "chuck" it time. Also, Reid just makes chicken salad out of anything you give him QB wise. He picks up QB's, they flourish because of his design, and then trades them.

kearly

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2c2vd5f6 said:
No Kip, the Bucs will be responsible for the money above and beyond the standard contract cost for his tenure in the league. It is a steal for whomever takes him, the Bucs would literally rather piss cash than keep the guy.

Thanks, I wasn't sure on that. In baseball, the waiver claiming team picks up the contract. But baseball has their balls firmly in the grip of the player's union.

mikeak

Reaction score
Funny if Bucs waited ONE day then ether Buffalo or Cleveland might have traded...

pehawk

Reaction score
I still don't think Cleveland makes a move. They went with Weeden before, and I still believe in Campbell (I know I'm alone in that one).

Dismas

Reaction score
kearly":svp4jxzd said:
CallMeADawg":svp4jxzd said:

Thanks, I wasn't sure on that. In baseball, the waiver claiming team picks up the contract. But baseball has their balls firmly in the grip of the player's union.

Did something change in the last 3 years onm that?

IIRC, when we dumped Hoschmandouschzah, He made it through waivers almost specifically because anyone claiming him off waivers would be claiming his contract as well, but once he was clear, any team picking him up was responsible only for the veteran minimum part of his contract, and Seattle had to pay the remaining salary above that.

Where ids Hawkstorian or some cap-wise poster to clear that up?