John Schneider is hurting our team.

irocdave

Reaction score
jlwaters1":30ezefg6 said:
It's as if some of here are completely unaware of how the draft works

If there was a player the Seahawks desperately wanted thy would have
Taken him.

JS has mentioned several times there are groups of players
On their board, if they are all gone then they look to trade back.
If there is a big group say there is little drop off from player 26-40
They will look to maximize the pick by trading back and being able
To still draft a player from said pool.

It's all about value. I really liked what they did

6 picks in the top 3 rounds, 7 if you include the high 4th rounder we
Got from the 49ers..

That's 7 guys you hope are diference makers and most likely make the team.

I haven't read past your post yet, it's Friday night, 7:37pm. I have to ask, do you still feel the way you did when you authored this post right now at the point in time I just mentioned?

irocdave

Reaction score
Schadie001":1ey9z640 said:
Funny how Pete and John have been drafting this way since day one and still people come on here and freak out. You guys need to pay attention to John's interviews and who the Hawks bring in. John pretty much said the other day that they were looking to trade back. You want picks in this draft which is sooooo deep on defensive backs and line. Great draft so far.

How many 2 - 7th round picks will the Hawks make in the 2017 draft? 6 - 9? How many players can they add to the roster this year? Cool they get some decent mid round talent, then the vultures circle and pluck the 1st round of decent but no where great talent when the Hawks have to cut half these players in training camp. Hawks could have 20 picks in the draft, doesn't mean squat. If every one of them was a solid NFL player they couldn't keep them all.

This draft will determine how much longer Pete and John are employed by the hawks. If they hit it out of the park and find 3 or 4 starters that can play at above average play, they will be OK. If it's like the last 3 years, they will be looking for jobs in two years.

irocdave

Reaction score
As a reminder, lets look at the bountiful haul from all those extra draft picks the Hawks have extracted from trading down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_S ... 2013_draft

Now try and tell me the Pete and John regime with Scotty McC have addressed needs with numerous mid to low round draft picks collected by trading down.

It hasn't happened. Pete and John pushed all of their chips to the middle of the table in this draft with the talent they have passed over that would have addressed obvious needs by trading down. Not to mention allowing great value picks to be chosen by NFCW opponents let alone NFC competitors. We traded a draft pick to the arch enemy so they could take one of the steals in the draft.

I may be way off base, but two years from now, the choices made by P and J will have serious implications if they are wrong.

adeltaY

Reaction score
nash72":26wsix8e said:
I still wish they would have tried to sign Ty Nsekhe from Washington instead of Jokel. He was at least impressive in the games he started, doesn't have the injury history, and was cheap (Washington signed him to a 1 year deal worth 690K). He is 31 though. With the cheapest line in the entire NFL (and by a large margin), I have a hard time believing they have left no stone unturned. I mean, cripes, we have a damn basketball player starting at the most important position on the line. That's a huge fail.

This is a great point. Also, they passed on signing Mitchell Schwartz during the 2016 offseason. His deal is an absolute steal if you look at the market for RTs right now.

I'm kind of coming around on the whole "PCJS haven't hit on mid-late picks in quite a while," arguments after today because I expected us to take either a "first tier," OL (which wasn't even that good in this poor OL draft) or a stud defensive back, but we did neither.... the "Seahawky DB," prototype is common knowledge at this point. They're going to have to draft these guys higher than they did in 2011 and 2012. To quote Hawk Blogger, today "likely makes or breaks the Seahawks for the next few years." They better make these mid round picks count.

OP
OP
R

RW92

Reaction score
I just want to know one last thing from John after this draft. When he viewed the film of Reuben Foster as we all did, what didn't he like? What didn't he see in Foster that he saw in later picks? He owes that explanation to the fans. Because if we had Foster instead of let's say Delano Hill, I'm good with this draft;... real good. That's all for tonight. We have to hope it all works out. We don't have a choice.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
RW92":3ku8koky said:
I just want to know one last thing from John after this draft. When he viewed the film of Reuben Foster as we all did, what didn't he like? What didn't he see in Foster that he saw in later picks? He owes that explanation to the fans. Because if we had Foster instead of let's say Delano Hill, I'm good with this draft;... real good. That's all for tonight. We have to hope it all works out. We don't have a choice.

You must not have read any of the posts regarding this, nor considered it logically.

He's a MLB. Do you really want to replace Wagner?

He has injury and character concerns.

He's a bad fit for us.

Just no.

:177692:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":35n2vtcd said:
RW92":35n2vtcd said:

You must not have read any of the posts regarding this, nor considered it logically.

He's a bad fit for us.

Just no.

Plus JS does not do eval on every possible player. There is a team of guys to do the front work. There are also personality types that might not mix well with them. There is more than just play at play.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm just gonna dance happily into this year watching Wilson rip off 11 wins while the doom-and-gloomers wail into empty rooms where nobody's listening.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":m66fne06 said:
I'm just gonna dance happily into this year watching Wilson rip off 11 wins while the doom-and-gloomers wail into empty rooms where nobody's listening.

:ditto:

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":20nr5qvi said:
RW92":20nr5qvi said:

He's a bad fit for us.

Just no.

He can play OLB. Have u read his scouting reports? Dude can play the edge like Irvin. Ppl make it seem like his injury is all that serious. But like the previous poster said. What did they see in foster that they didn't like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randomation

Reaction score
RW92":2ibdvh0m said:

Screw Foster I want to know what the hell they didn't like about Ram or Lamp that they apparently debated trading up for a center who got wrecked by Auburn rather than taking one of them.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":279o63u0 said:

Is this before or after a second round loss in the playoffs? Get off the high horse.

nash72

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3hnna1d6 said:
MontanaHawk05":3hnna1d6 said:

Is this before or after a second round loss in the playoffs? Get off the high horse.

Exactly

AgentDib

Reaction score
randomation":2ryg415b said:
Screw Foster I want to know what the hell they didn't like about Ram or Lamp that they apparently debated trading up for a center who got wrecked by Auburn rather than taking one of them.
If you watch the Day 2 periscope, they talk about McDowell as a player they were targeting the entire time. So the better question isn't about why they 'disliked' some other prospect that you heard was good, but why they liked McDowell more. It's been posted before but make sure you watch this before you leap to conclusions.

[youtube]Cy7erbPJISQ[/youtube]

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":bosjd127 said:

Problem is, that's almost certainly not enough wins. Hawks need the #1 seed to make it to the SB.

randomation

Reaction score
AgentDib":2tv06unj said:
randomation":2tv06unj said:
If you watch the Day 2 periscope, they talk about McDowell as a player they were targeting the entire time. So the better question isn't about why they 'disliked' some other prospect that you heard was good, but why they liked McDowell more. It's been posted before but make sure you watch this before you leap to conclusions.

[youtube]Cy7erbPJISQ[/youtube]

I watch the B1G a lot McDowell's Ceiling is crazy high but his floor is massive bust. He takes plays off has a low motor and I've seen him just straight up quit on plays before. He isn't a player that is worthy of a top of the second selection I would hesitate to take him above the third because of how low his floor is.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1alet8e2 said:
MontanaHawk05":1alet8e2 said:

Oh, getting to the playoffs every year is a sign of franchise failure now? Garn, must have missed that memo.

[youtube]DK9EKcct0Z0[/youtube]

StoneCold

Reaction score
nash72":js6nen47 said:
seahawkfreak":js6nen47 said:
MontanaHawk05":js6nen47 said:

Exactly

The high horse is a reflection of your gutter. How about getting out of your rut?

White Devil

Reaction score
This forum is hard to gauge sometimes, but I think I have the gist.

The HC/GM combo we currently have are completely clueless and deserve to be fired.

Yes, the same HC/GM combo that since they've been here have accumulated the NFC's best record including back to back Super Bowl appearances and one Lombardi Trophy.

Gone are the days of mediocrity with 7-9 to 9-7 seasons and just missing the playoffs or at best playing on the road in the wild card game. Why would anyone want anything more than this? That is what the game is about. That is what we demand.

The fans have had enough. They demand these clueless idiots be removed from their positions immediately!

Bring back the glory days! We need to draft fully developed players that can make an immediate impact whether they fit our scheme or not, because Mel Kiper, the Draft Guru himself, said that's who we're supposed to draft! If they move on and have fantastic Hall of Fame careers on another team, it's simply because they wanted to play more for them.

Bring back Tom Flores!