John Morgan on Justin Britt

nanomoz

Reaction score
Good stuff. No real surprises. Britt is pesky and seems to annoy pass rushers into losing some focus. He seems to really lack an anchor in a bad way, which is strange, given his martial arts background. Balance and body weight shifting should be strengths. Maybe putting on some lowe-body weight would help?

Largent80

Reaction score
He is a rookie manning a tough spot. Hopefully he learns a LOT in the next 3 weeks.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
What's strange is the notes are generally good. They're at least encouraging. It's almost like Morgan has confirmation bias. Almost.

OP
OP
Smoke

Smoke

Reaction score
Even when I totally disagree with John Morgan, I love reading his writting, and I like it a lot more than reading Hawk Blogger and the like.

I guess there has just been a void of John Morgans voice in my life, and I think he evaluated Justin Britt pretty fairly.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good God, that is some of the worst writing I have ever seen! Is English his second language? Who is Sylvester Jackson? Why does he have dashes between two unrelated words?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
You want real drivel, go read John Morgan's book on the being a Seahawks fan. Felt like excerpts from a 17 year olds journal.

And, like someone else said, you read his notes, and Britt had more positive plays than negative. Especially considering that he went up against Demarcus Ware. And yet, Morgan hates him. The guy kills me.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Its the first preseason game for a rookie. He will be the starter...maybe not right away but eventually. Well maybe...if he wins the spot. See what I did there? God I love this team

SeaTown81

Reaction score
At least Morgan found an appropriately titled website.

DYK. Morgan and Hawkblggr are not allowed in the same room. That much ego & hot air would automatically combust.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SeaTown81":36ne7f2x said:

DYK. Morgan and Hawkblggr are not allowed in the same room. That much ego & hot air would automatically combust.
Oh so true.

Atradees

Reaction score
From that flash pic, it looked to me like Britt was slapping down a decent player. Nice for a rook.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Watching Justin Britt I was pretty excited. He has a lot of upper body strength and charting him the entire first half I made the following assessments.

He needs to keep his base, when he leans into guys he loses his balance, but when He kept his base the pancaked people.

He needs to shadow pass rushers better. Again to initiate contact he sometimes leans into his opponent instead of chopping his feet and moving with them. This is corrected by staying in your base and shadowing your opponent using your choppy feet. Every time he was out of his base was the only times he was beaten. It is nothing more than repetition. This guy is going to be good/great.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Everything I read was correctable by more reps, experience against different/better players, and refining technique.

There's no way he saw anyone with Ware's combination of athleticism and experience in college, so if he watches tape he'll be able to learn something.

My only real issue is that I have to wonder if Cable is really that good at teaching pass pro. I know it's not an emphasis when they look at a potential player, but it also seems like none of these guys ever get any better at it. Okung is the exception, but he was probably the most polished pass blocker in that draft.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Is there anyone who could not have guessed this outcome? A rookie playing in his very first game against skilled veterans. Honestly Britt did pretty well considering the situation. The only right way for this article to go was just lay out the facts and hold judgement of Britt's capabilities until the appropriate time. The very first NFL game of his career?

I think the author is playing to the uneducated fan. Pretty lame.

Jville

Reaction score
Pete Carroll was very complementary of new additions Justin Britt and Stephen Schilling during Sunday's press conference.

Speaking for myself, I thought they both played well in their first game opportunities as Seahawks.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1b3a5val said:
You want real drivel, go read John Morgan's book on the being a Seahawks fan. Felt like excerpts from a 17 year olds journal.

To be fair, his first posts on this new website address how terrible the book is, and how the revision he recently did isn't so hot either. Lots of excuses provided, but it does bring the potential of lost sales for him and at least he's honest about it.

kearly

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2hj2q857 said:

Heh.

I have to stand up for Nemhauser a bit though, he may push an agenda sometimes and speak with a bit of self-importance, but he appears to me to be a nice guy who doesn't despise the rest of humanity. Comparisons between him and Morgan seem unfair.

Latest posts