John Moffitt Traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Wow, if this were baseball we probably would have gotten a dozen bats and a case of Big League Chew.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
They are deep on DL and we are deep in OL. Could workout fine. They must like the guy or else why trade for him vs a pick ?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
SHOCKING!!!!

Who might have guessed he wouldn't make the regular season roster??

Haters, one and all, that's who!

SDHawk

Reaction score
If the Adderall suspensions come to an end, then it was well worth it.

Moffitt sorta reminds me of John Goodman in Flight.

"Do not touch the merch!"

[youtube]S5fvf56uJs8[/youtube]

pehawk

Reaction score
My text started blowing up, I came her to get info on Sanford...and...yeah. Must've been a "just get this guy off our team, please" move.

IDKmyBFFRussell

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2g1h8ktj said:
SHOCKING!!!!

Who might have guessed he wouldn't make the regular season roster??

Haters, one and all, that's who!

Nah, it seemed like lots of people thought he wouldn't make it.

:34853_doh:

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think they are looking at Sanford more inside than outside if he makes the team. Just an opportunity to take a look at another guy using a guy they already knew wouldn't make this team...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sanford had 3 tackles and one sack this pre-season. He is a 3-4DE from what I can find who specializes as a run stopper.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Best of luck to him. I think he's going to have a pretty decent NFL career, but he clearly didn't fit what Seattle was looking for.

2011 was a bad year for Pete and John, wasn't it?

Cartire

Reaction score
Watch this unknown asset becomes DPOY.

JS and PC instantly put into the Hall.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
WOW! The .Net community sure called that one. I foresaw a possibility that Moffitt would be traded ... I had just thought that it would be at the END of the Preseason for a late round draft pick. My first initial thought when I heard about Brian Sanford was that this was Evan Moore 2.0. It's hard to find much on him out there, but I did find this little snippet from an August 1st article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer ...

Sanford, Gilkey mix it up: The staff has been impressed with third-year defensive end Brian Sanford, even though he sometimes loses his cool in practice. The first day, he scuffled with an offensive lineman, and Joe Thomas jumped in to defend his linemate.

Thursday, rookie guard Garrett Gilkey drove him to the ground in a blocking drill and tried to trip him. Sanford responded by ripping off the rookie's helmet, and Gilkey's long locks spilled out. The two started to scuffle, and Alex Mack jumped in to defend Gilkey before players and coaches broke it up. But Chudzinski didn't admonish Sanford for retaliating.

"He’s a scrappy guy,'' said Chudzinski. "He’s very competitive. He’s a full-speed every-snap guy. He’s been productive in his pass rushes. He’s a guy that is out there competing and trying to make a move.”

Chudzinski has taken the handful of camp skirmishes in stride.

"I like seeing guys that are competitive and tough,'' he said.
Source:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/08/josh_gordon_returns_to_action.html

Largent80

Reaction score
So what?....Moffitt didn't pan out for us. Nobody is perfect, and a lot around here seem to think all will turn to gold with P & J. Guess what?...They make mistakes a lot less than you do every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.