John Moffitt sitting in for Bob on Bob and Groz :)

McGruff

Reaction score
The few tidbits I heard going and coming told me that this was far from typical sports radio.

Moffitts interests are far too wide ranging to be confined to sports. In fact whenever they talked football he sounded positively disinterested.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I had to change the channel for the last hour
It was terrible imho, john should be on something besides a sports channel if he doesn't want to talk sports
Now wyman mike and moore actually had some good interviews

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like Moffitt's complaints about injuries and ruthless business was a pathetic attempt to hide the fact that he was retiring because it was obvious to him that he was not good enough to start at the NFL level? Waaaaaah Waaaaaaah. Get over it and retire quietly if you don't want to be a backup.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":10r56v27 said:
Am I the only one who feels like Moffitt's complaints about injuries and ruthless business was a pathetic attempt to hide the fact that he was retiring because it was obvious to him that he was not good enough to start at the NFL level? Waaaaaah Waaaaaaah. Get over it and retire quietly if you don't want to be a backup.

Missing_Clink, Absolutely not alone! I am wondering why this is Hawk related, and why it hasn't been moved.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
UGotHawked":fsen2uhk said:
Missing_Clink":fsen2uhk said:

Missing_Clink, Absolutely not alone! I am wondering why this is Hawk related, and why it hasn't been moved.

Bob and Groz show is Seattle radio that covers the Seahawks. You're welcome :D

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I find him terribly tiresome to be honest. I usually listen to the 710 lineup and I had to turn off the radio after about 15 min of moffit. I could care less about what his opinions are on sports much less his life observations. His surfer dude voice is also annoying.

If they offer him a perm hosting spot i think I will not listen.

Brock and Wymen are my faves. Prolly BC they were football players and they give me a perspective that I cannot otherwise get. Mike rob would be an awesome host but he prolly has his eyes set on TV gig.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
ivotuk":2x6wqt1v said:
UGotHawked":2x6wqt1v said:
Missing_Clink":2x6wqt1v said:

Bob and Groz show is Seattle radio that covers the Seahawks. You're welcome :D

Well thank you. I look forward to your annoucement of Chris Egan filling in for Brock or Danny next time, since he would be just as relevant. :th2thumbs:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I have to admit that I really like Moffitt and dont really care if he didn't want to play football, and when I've heard him on the radio before he's been pretty entertaining.

However I did catch him on today and like someone else said, he didn't even sound like he wanted to be there talking about football. Kinda pointless.

Then again B ob and Groz are both terrible too, and don't really have any business hosting a radio show. I'm not even sure Groz watches the games, let alone understands them. Never heard two 'sports radio hosts' have such a complete lack of knowledge about the game, spew incorrect info, and generally just don't seem to put any effort or homework into what they do. Their entire show is predicated on regurgitating what everyone else is saying. Then th ey won't even bother to get dates or stats or scores or anything right. Listen to the show for 10 minutes and you'll find yourself correcting them multiple times in your head.

Honestly, I would probably suck at that job too. But it would be better than them.

Seatown001

Reaction score
I enjoyed listening to him, I don't know what it is but I find him highly entertaining and was bummed when Seattle traded him

amill87

Reaction score
Groz isn't bad. He admits he doesn't know tons of stuff, he's just there for comic relief. I used to not mind bob but after the bucs game, him and Danny oniel were together on a show and it was the worst radio I've ever heard. All they did was say how worried they are about Seahawks and how they have serious problems, etc. now they are all over the hawks again like complete homers.

On topic, Moffitt is starting to really bug me. It's pretty clear he just is a lazy bum who couldn't put in the work, got benched and just gave up on football to "find himself".
He admitted he is sitting around doing nothing. People like him really annoy me. He is hiding behind "going against the mainstream" to cover up he is lazy

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
My favorite parts are when he talks about his time with the Seahawks but yeah, the show today wasn't that good and Scruggs ruined it.

Really beginning to tie of Oneil though, he needs to contain his ignorant tantrums and hyperbole. When Brock said Manning nor Brady would be able to run our offense as well as Russell, Danny goes off as if Brock were actually suggesting that they play Seahawk ball. He responded "first of all you would be an idiot coach to try to force them to play that offense!" I was surprised how vehement oneil was. Huard was only comparing skill sets, danny acted like he was serious.

The other day after chadiha was on, Brock was starting to call him on some of his crap and Danny started covering good Jeff. Oneil is embarrassingly enamored with "big time analysts" and his responses were way off target.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
amill87":p5hqze4a said:
Groz isn't bad. He admits he doesn't know tons of stuff, he's just there for comic relief. I used to not mind bob but after the bucs game, him and Danny oniel were together on a show and it was the worst radio I've ever heard. All they did was say how worried they are about Seahawks and how they have serious problems, etc. now they are all over the hawks again like complete homers.

On topic, Moffitt is starting to really bug me. It's pretty clear he just is a lazy bum who couldn't put in the work, got benched and just gave up on football to "find himself".
He admitted he is sitting around doing nothing. People like him really annoy me. He is hiding behind "going against the mainstream" to cover up he is lazy

To be fair, you'd have to be a blind homer to not think "what the hell is going on" after falling behind 21-0 and needing overtime to defeat a winless team.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Moffitt is entertaining thanks for the post :th2thumbs:

I believe that Moffitt is doing the right thing . How could it not be a little scary seeing all these people with head problems which is what John Moffitt hinted at when he tired.
Obviously they get paid to take risk , But Moffitt didn't see it that way. He played for two 1/2 seasons , made more money then 94% of people after their first few years of college. He is probably the only one of his group of friends not in debt from college lol

some of us get attached to the football team and roster too much. I shake my head all the time when a fan will praise a guy when he is on OUR team but when he leaves , or sometimes before he gets here , they rip him a new one. Same could be said about knowing to admit when a guy just isn't good or may be extremely over paid.

Latest posts