John Moffitt sitting in for Bob on Bob and Groz :)

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
It'd be interesting to hear Schneider's opinion of Moffitt. He invested a 3rd round pick on a guy who ultimately didn't want to play football. Schneider is probably not someone to hold a petty grudge, but I can imagine it would be frustrating to target a player, like his skillset, and then miss on his drive and motivation.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Moffitt quit because he saw the writing on the wall.

We traded him for crap as he wasn't good enough. Denver buried him on the depth chart because he wasn't good enough.

So he quits before he is discarded again and makes it appear the choice was his. Dude isn't good and would have been out of the league by this time next year anyway. You don't hear anyone in Denver missing him or even sweating his loss. Dude did this to save face and draw attention to himself for his next career move.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2z9eda7q said:
I have to admit that I really like Moffitt and dont really care if he didn't want to play football, and when I've heard him on the radio before he's been pretty entertaining.

However I did catch him on today and like someone else said, he didn't even sound like he wanted to be there talking about football. Kinda pointless.

Then again B ob and Groz are both terrible too, and don't really have any business hosting a radio show. I'm not even sure Groz watches the games, let alone understands them. Never heard two 'sports radio hosts' have such a complete lack of knowledge about the game, spew incorrect info, and generally just don't seem to put any effort or homework into what they do. Their entire show is predicated on regurgitating what everyone else is saying. Then th ey won't even bother to get dates or stats or scores or anything right. Listen to the show for 10 minutes and you'll find yourself correcting them multiple times in your head.

Honestly, I would probably suck at that job too. But it would be better than them.

Agreed. I was elated when that blowhard Groz was let go at KJR.. I can't stomach Groz, Bob or the puke ass go to guy.

hawk45

Reaction score
Moffit cannot disappear from Seattle soon enough. Brought nothing to the field as a football player, brings nothing to the table on the airwaves. Former football players usually bring some football perspective, Moffit shies away from football talk and tries to be cute about uninteresting topics.

Listening to him talk about "finding himself" and how he reads about different philosophies reminds me of the folks in high school or college who quit everything they trid right when it got difficult but rationalized it by saying it just wasn't right for them. Always chasing the next shiny object until they realize that everything is work sooner or later.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawk45":3qn2p7gc said:
Moffit cannot disappear from Seattle soon enough. Brought nothing to the field as a football player, brings nothing to the table on the airwaves. Former football players usually bring some football perspective, Moffit shies away from football talk and tries to be cute about uninteresting topics.

Listening to him talk about "finding himself" and how he reads about different philosophies reminds me of the folks in high school or college who quit everything they trid right when it got difficult but rationalized it by saying it just wasn't right for them. Always chasing the next shiny object until they realize that everything is work sooner or later.

This in a big way. If you cant do the dirt jobs...how can they expect you to do the meaningful ones? Well said. Thank you.
:thirishdrinkers: Go Hawksh.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Moffitt may not have been the best all the time, but the dude gave what he had. Watch the video of the Bears game last year and you will see his #74 making a lot of good plays on the two game-winning drives.
If he was focused on playing, I'm sure he would have helped us have more passable pass pro during the time this year when we had all the OL injuries.
Agreed, he was an average talent, and without the drive and love for the game, he's better off doing what he did.

slipwax

Reaction score
Moffitt's a funny guy. I don't understand the hate. He liked to joke around on the RRR. That doesn't mean he wasn't trying on the field. He doesn't love FB anymore. Who cares? I wish I was in in a situation where I could just enjoy life without any real responsibilities and a couple mil in the bank. I wouldn't be doing what I am now, much like Moffitt...