John Clayton - Seahawks should sign Vernon Adams

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
King Dog":3s9bgiph said:
You can't spell Boykins? Lol
I can. I just am on my phone using Tapatalk and I couldn't see the thread title to check the spelling without backing out and having to retype my stuff. Laziness more than spelling issues.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

King Dog

Reaction score
Turns out I screwed that up. Quit responding so quick before I have a chance to edit.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":19szhuto said:
Siouxhawk":19szhuto said:
Tech Worlds":19szhuto said:
I would rather not resign TJack. We can go cheaper and with similar results by letting the rooks duke it out.

With our defense we should be able to carry a young qb for a few games. If Wilson misses more than that our season is likely screwed no matter who the backup qb is.

And I'll respectively disagree with you. With the solidness of our team as a whole, Tarvaris' veteran presence and knowledge of our system would be a much safer bet of keeping the team stable than a wide-eyed rookie. Boykin and Adams go at it in OTAs, minicamp and early training camp for the practice squad and you'll also have your backup for the future.
I respectfully disagree with you as you are wrong. I watched TJack play starting qb the year before Russell got here. We had a great young defense and a nasty running game. The table was set. We just needed competent qb play. What we got was a qb that couldn't get us to 500.

It's no coincidence that once we got competent qb play that our team made the playoffs.

I think a rookie with the moxie of Bokins (sp) will be good enough to be a backup.

You forgot an important element and that was we had an offensive line that was still cutting its teeth and allowing like 7 sacks a game in the early going. Tarvaris was a punching bag, but he calmly picked himself up, brushed himself off and kept going as the line in front of him started figuring things out. He sustained the pec injury while running for a first down against the Giants, the team figured out Clipboard Jesus was fool's gold, so Tarvaris gutted it out and led the team to a 5-3 record in the second half for a 7-7 overall ledger. Would have been 8-6 if Hausch Money would have made a 30-something yard field goal in the later stages of the fourth quarter in the season finale with the Cards

Throwdown

Reaction score
I've been on the TJack train for the longest time, time and again I've been on the bring him back train but... I may be insane but I really really believe in what Boykin brings to the table. Plus it's a back up role, he's practically learning and developing on the job. Developing a back up seems kind of... Useless to me really.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/729532824332574720[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/729532971372306433[/tweet]

Latest posts