Joe Buck petition?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3dg30vqq said:
hawker84":3dg30vqq said:
Can We petition to get rid of Collinsworth and Simms? I have no problem with Buck and Aikman personally.
Am I the only one who generally likes Collinsworth?

I think he's the best in the business. He sounds like a condescending douche-bag, but that adds to the entertainment value of the broadcast.

BigMeach

Reaction score
It came up after Dallas Seattle game, Joe Buck was doing World series game at this time. Thom Brennaman was doing our game the day the petition was done...

Did they think that he was Joe Buck maybe? Not sure but it makes no sense otherwise.
Joe Buck has always been fair and a good announcer.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Wasn't the highest rated CFL game ever during the announcers strike where they just had the game on with stadium noise? I would LOVE to see something like that happen in the NFL...I think I'll start a petition.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3yy9wiu7 said:
You guys should be happy you have a TV and announcers at all, I remember when you many times only had a radio broadcast of some games and no color guy at all.

Damn; even I'm not that old!

What I find mildly amusing is that people actually listen to announcers during the game. 'Bout the only time I turn on the sound is when I see a flag, or my guys do something really cool.

I guess it takes a REAL FAN to follow the action without some talking head telling them what's happening. :twisted:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
LymonHawk":k4ieizoq said:
chris98251":k4ieizoq said:
You guys should be happy you have a TV and announcers at all, I remember when you many times only had a radio broadcast of some games and no color guy at all.

Damn; even I'm not that old!

What I find mildly amusing is that people actually listen to announcers during the game. 'Bout the only time I turn on the sound is when I see a flag, or my guys do something really cool.

I guess it takes a REAL FAN to follow the action without some talking head telling them what's happening. :twisted:

I am not that old but was in a situation where it is true. Philippines sometimes had radio...sometimes had a tv. Not always tho. Heck, did not even know when the game would come on most of the time. And that was in 83.

Threedee

Reaction score
I think this level of bitching about announcers such as Buck, Simms, and Colinsworth is pretty hilarious.

253hawk

Reaction score
Buck has definitely gotten better over the years, but you can't be too hard on a guy who came from a bazzzzzzzzeball background. Almost everyone else is fine except Simms and Tim Ryan.

canfan

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":ks7rplyd said:
How does not liking Buck make us look like Bandwagon fans? The guy is terrible, especially during MLB playoffs. He puts me to sleep. I like Collinsworth. Simms isn't bad. Gruden and Tirico are my favorite couple though.
Liking or not liking any particular announcer is personal taste and in no way makes you look like a bandwagon fan. Starting a petition to ban an announcer because you don't think he says enough nice things about your team is almost the definition of bandwagon and reflects badly on the whole fan base.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
hawker84":2hg7l5oj said:
Can We petition to get rid of Collinsworth and Simms? I have no problem with Buck and Aikman personally.

Collinsworth has a man crush on RW

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rideaducati":3ray6zmc said:
Wasn't the highest rated CFL game ever during the announcers strike where they just had the game on with stadium noise? I would LOVE to see something like that happen in the NFL...I think I'll start a petition.
The NFL did this one time....well actually NBC did it. 1982 (I think) Jets at Dolphins game. Audio was crowd and stadium announcer only (not sure if ref was miced up at that point). I liked it but most viewers did not so it was never done again to my knowledge.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
I'm glad so many here like Buck/Aikman. Seems it's popular to hate on them, but I think he (with Aikman) is almost up there with Gruden and Michaels and their respective teams.

Latest posts