Jimmy Johnson says 49ers should get a new QB

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2xmlt822 said:
Great QBs historically have a bad game here and there. Manning once had a 3 game stretch in Indy, and not at the beginning of his career either, where he had 10 or 11 picks in 3 games.
But he didn't look lost sucking it up.

Kaep looks lost. And because the other 10 guys don't know what Kaep is going to do, they look even worse than they are.

I see what you're seeing...but I don't think it's lost. I think it's worse. I think he's shell-shocked and doesn't trust what he's seeing.

In short, he's missing throws he could hit in his sleep just a few short years ago and ironically looking more and more like the pre 2011 version of Alex Smith. Throwing at peoples feet, overthrowing by 10 yards down the field, throwing behind crossing routes, standing in the pocket and being unwilling to let the ball go or throwing WAY late...

...ALL stuff that Alex Smith did early in his career.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":v7hcmw78 said:
Scottemojo":v7hcmw78 said:
Great QBs historically have a bad game here and there. Manning once had a 3 game stretch in Indy, and not at the beginning of his career either, where he had 10 or 11 picks in 3 games.
But he didn't look lost sucking it up.

Kaep looks lost. And because the other 10 guys don't know what Kaep is going to do, they look even worse than they are.

I see what you're seeing...but I don't think it's lost. I think it's worse. I think he's shell-shocked and doesn't trust what he's seeing.

In short, he's missing throws he could hit in his sleep just a few short years ago and ironically looking more and more like the pre 2011 version of Alex Smith. Throwing at peoples feet, overthrowing by 10 yards down the field, throwing behind crossing routes, standing in the pocket and being unwilling to let the ball go or throwing WAY late...

...ALL stuff that Alex Smith did early in his career.

Alex and Kaep are bad QBs, so both looking bad isn't surprising. Alex just stopped trying to throw the ball downfield and he has almost everyone duped into thinking he is good because his completion percentage is high and he is accurate within 5 yards. Kaep isn't accurate at any level so he won't last long in the league as a passer and will have to dupe his next team to believe in his legs because that's all he has.