Jimmy G? I'd be in -

toffee

Reaction score
We actually don't need another placeholder, clip board cadet, or bench master, we just need to BUILD & BOLSTER with the team that we have now.
Next year's Draft is likely where we'll find our Signal Caller of the future
Jimmy enjoyed 70-80+ rating on PFF, hardly elite but certainly good or good enough to lead his team deep in to playoffs.

He is the living proof that a good team with a slightly above average QB could do well enough in regular seasons and win a game or two in playoffs.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I say yes to Jimmy G. With Pete's ability to help players achieve the right attitude to succeed I see this as a winning move. Only want him if he is cut and can be signed as a free agent. Jimmy has never had a supportive head coach. He isn't fundamentally flawed. I think he can tap into something if he gets that cutthroat mentality. It's not about being the best comparatively, it's about getting the best out of yourself. I know I will be filleted for saying this, but I think the whole Seahawks culture can help Jimmy shed the mistakes of the past and reach his potential. Look at what has happened for Geno Smith since joining the team. Basically, accepting that mistakes are going to happen and not overreacting to them allows a person trying to achieve a better performance to learn and grow from them. "You got me this time, but I'll learn and be better prepared next time." allows you to benefit from experience. Jimmy has better raw talent that Geno. With the right attitude and a great running attack stacked with a great defense this guy has shown he can get you wins. if his self-confidence can be bolstered by teammates and coaching then the skies the limit.

toffee

Reaction score
I say yes to Jimmy G. With Pete's ability to help players achieve the right attitude to succeed I see this as a winning move. Only want him if he is cut and can be signed as a free agent. Jimmy has never had a supportive head coach. He isn't fundamentally flawed. I think he can tap into something if he gets that cutthroat mentality. It's not about being the best comparatively, it's about getting the best out of yourself. I know I will be filleted for saying this, but I think the whole Seahawks culture can help Jimmy shed the mistakes of the past and reach his potential. Look at what has happened for Geno Smith since joining the team. Basically, accepting that mistakes are going to happen and not overreacting to them allows a person trying to achieve a better performance to learn and grow from them. "You got me this time, but I'll learn and be better prepared next time." allows you to benefit from experience. Jimmy has better raw talent that Geno. With the right attitude and a great running attack stacked with a great defense this guy has shown he can get you wins. if his self-confidence can be bolstered by teammates and coaching then the skies the limit.
I used to think just like you about Pete, but not any more after the Russell Wilson fiasco. Pete first place Russ above all teammates, thus alienated other stars which led to exodus of LOB and Marshawn and Angry. Then he rather fire OCs than set Russ straight on executing plays.

Tre Flowers experiment didn't help either, nor did the tedic Thomson one. Pete thought he could whisper any DB into stars.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Uhh, Shanahans whole play calling offense was designed to tap in to his strength of quick throws over the middle. It's not like he was calling deep shot after deep shot.
He also traded a lot of draft capital to replace Jimmy.

toffee

Reaction score
The gap between JimmyG and Russ is huge, Russ is just that much better.
The gap between JimmyG and Lock/Geno? may not be that much, I am hoping one of ours will step up and play as well as JimmyG.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Pass.
Jimmy G gets rattled far too easily under pressure.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Can't we just suck for a year or two and get a top 5 pick?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on man, you don't actually mean that. A top 5 or even top 10 picks does not even come close to guaranteeing that you're going to get a legit franchise QB for your future. Just ask Chicago, Philly, Cleveland and other teams how that's worked out. Wanting a team to lose, I just will never understand that mentality.

Sonichound16

Reaction score
Please no to Jimmy G...I would always hope for Jimmy to throw the ball when we were playing the Niners. Seems like he would always make critical mistakes that would let us get the W.