Jimmy G? I'd be in -

flv2

Reaction score
No reason for the 49ers to release Garoppolo more than a week before the start of the season. At that point a FA QB isn't worth much other than to those teams/players/playbooks he already has history with.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'd rather have Baker, at least there is some potential upside there. Jimmy Glass is the definition of meh.
Me too, and I'm not hot on bringing Baker in. At the very least we are building up a roster with quality depth that will pay dividends for whoever we have at QB. Another good draft next year and maybe getting THE qb we want to be our guy. The next two years will be very interesting to watch and see renewed Seahawk hopes built right before our eyes. This year is the beginning of that process. I can see us getting off to a very good start before this year is done.

toffee

Reaction score
Me too, and I'm not hot on bringing Baker in. At the very least we are building up a roster with quality depth that will pay dividends for whoever we have at QB. Another good draft next year and maybe getting THE qb we want to be our guy. The next two years will be very interesting to watch and see renewed Seahawk hopes built right before our eyes. This year is the beginning of that process. I can see us getting off to a very good start before this year is done.
My focus is on the last 7 games, by the time the OL and defense should be more into their new systems and rookies learned a bit about playing at pro speed. I hope to win at least 3 of the last 7, hoping for 4 of 7.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Better to ride with Lock and Geno.

2022 is a throw-away year. The last thing we need is to add another QB whose contract goes beyond 2022. The.Last.Thing.
I don't like the term "throw-away year." It's an important season to set the stage for a team that will hopefully be meaningfully competitive in two or three years. That's not meaningless. It's necessary.

The final record/result in terms of wins and losses isn't the most important thing in 2022. It's player development and taking inventory.

I think that's probably what you mean. And, yeah, landing a QB that's a bit better and might help the Hawks win another game or two isn't terribly meaningful.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I don't like the term "throw-away year." It's an important season to set the stage for a team that will hopefully be meaningfully competitive in two or three years. That's not meaningless. It's necessary.

The final record/result in terms of wins and losses isn't the most important thing in 2022. It's player development and taking inventory.

I think that's probably what you mean. And, yeah, landing a QB that's a bit better and might help the Hawks win another game or two isn't terribly meaningful.
After seeing my therapist, and getting over my pointless attraction to shiny objects -

I 100% agree with everything that you said here. Especially the throw away year.

Going to go seagull over some other issue ;)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
No thank you. Jimmy G is one of the few QBs over the last several seasons I've actually felt confident in our defense to play well against.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
I do not want Jimmy or the Baker. I don't want the Hawks to trade ANYTHING nor pay anything above vet minimum. Though I am not exactly confident in PC as a coach, I am more confident with his staff this year and I am looking forward to seeing what this team can do as is. IF either Jimmy or the Baker come cheap, sure, bring them into camp. But the true philosophy of competing needs to be paramount again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
We actually don't need another placeholder, clip board cadet, or bench master, we just need to BUILD & BOLSTER with the team that we have now.
Next year's Draft is likely where we'll find our Signal Caller of the future