Jets @ Seahawks New Years Day Game Questions

SeeMooreMetcalf

Reaction score
Hi. I'll be in Seattle for the New Years and I'm planning on catching the Jets-Seahawks game on New Years Day. My questions is where's the best seat for Lumen Field? I heard there's a $75 ticket for the nosebleed section. Are they any good? Also, how good is the Hawks Nest? And if I want to sit in the cover from the rain, what's the best section to sit at?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The best seat? Club seat level, 50 yard line. That will run you a pretty penny I can imagine. The nosebleeds are the nosebleeds. I actually took a tour of the stadium when it was first built and I made a point of it to go to the very highest seats in the stadium and I was impressed that it still felt intimate as far as a NFL stadium goes but you get what you pay for. While you can see the play develop clearly, they look like ants.

I have never sat in the Hawks Nest but I hear it's rowdy and if you don't mind sitting on aluminum benches it should be fine. There's plenty of covered seating, just go to Seahawks.com and look for their stadium chart map.

Rainger

Reaction score
If you get any low seats in the bottom part of the 100 level you will be standing for the whole game if you are on either side.

The lowest seats stand to see above the benches, that makes every row stand all the way up to the first concourse. Be warned.

OP
OP
S

SeeMooreMetcalf

Reaction score
What kind of special benefits do you get if you sit in the club seats? Also, if I sit around the endzone, is that worth it?
The best seat? Club seat level, 50 yard line. That will run you a pretty penny I can imagine. The nosebleeds are the nosebleeds. I actually took a tour of the stadium when it was first built and I made a point of it to go to the very highest seats in the stadium and I was impressed that it still felt intimate as far as a NFL stadium goes but you get what you pay for. While you can see the play develop clearly, they look like ants.

I have never sat in the Hawks Nest but I hear it's rowdy and if you don't mind sitting on aluminum benches it should be fine. There's plenty of covered seating, just go to Seahawks.com and look for their stadium chart map.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Do you prefer a side view or an end zone view?

If it was me, I'd probably go for a seat in section 314 -- it's a good angle and view, it keeps the sun out of your eyes, and you've got a pretty good angle for seeing the raising of the 12th Man Flag. (If you go to that website, you can hover your pointer over the sections with available tickets, and it will show you the view from that section.)

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I'd get those resale tickets on ticketmaster in the front row of Sec 308($120/ea+fees) or 309($176/ea+fees). I've actually sat in those exact seats & they are my wife's preferred.

You'll be under the roof & won't have to stand the whole game.

I've also sat on the 50 yard line, 9 rows up in Sec 109 & the others are not kidding, you'll have to stand the whole game & are not protected from any inclement weather.
Also sat in the Hawks Nest & it's metal bench seating & very loud when everyone is standing & stomping their feet not to mention they will be cold & uncomfortable if you actually want to sit for a bit. Also zero protection from the elements.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SeeMooreMetcalf

Reaction score
I'd get those resale tickets on ticketmaster in the front row of Sec 308($120/ea+fees) or 309($176/ea+fees). I've actually sat in those exact seats & they are my wife's preferred.

You'll be under the roof & won't have to stand the whole game.

I've also sat on the 50 yard line, 9 rows up in Sec 109 & the others are not kidding, you'll have to stand the whole game & are not protected from any inclement weather.
Also sat in the Hawks Nest & it's metal bench seating & very loud when everyone is standing & stomping their feet not to mention they will be cold & uncomfortable if you actually want to sit for a bit. Also zero protection from the elements.
Is there any under the roof seating in Section 100s or 200s?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Is there any under the roof seating in Section 100s or 200s?

There are definitely quite a few higher up in 200 level due to the 300 level overhanging although I have no idea where that line is.

Somebody else here would know that I'm sure & will post about it. You can also go on Stubhub or Seat Geek & they give you an approximate view from the seats & maybe you can make it out from that.

Last edited:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Go to https://seahawks.io-media.com/ it gives you a view from each section that allows you to scan up, down, and all around. You can look up to see if that section is under the roof. Way better than the static view most sites offer.

Hawks nest can be very cold that time of year. It's fully exposed to the elements, and has aluminum bleacher seats. Both end zones are pretty rowdy. Hawks nest is cheaper. South end zone is warmer, and equally loud. I prefer the latter.

Where you sit depends on the experience you are looking for. If you want to feel the energy of the crowd, and really enjoy the volume, the south end zone is where it's at. I've had my glasses broken, and my jaw dislocated there during NFC Championship Games. You will miss a lot of the action. For example, I had a hard time seeing the 2 point conversion in the NFCCG against Green Bay. But "The Tip," and Kearse's overtime game winner were both right in front of me.

If X's and O's are your thing, then Charter 307 to Charter 311, and Charter 333 to Charter 337 are the shit, especially if you get row 1. It has a more detached feel, though.

Club seats offer a more refined, hybrid experience. Somewhere between the end zones and the charters. It has a slightly less detached feel, and slightly less X's and O's visibility, than the charter seats, and isn't as rowdy as the end zones. The crowd tends to be quieter and less involved in the game. They sit down a lot. I felt a bit out of place in these seats, but still had a great time.

Technically, club seats are all under the roof, but, if there is a bit of wind, you need to get above row F, or so, to be sure you are out of the elements. You get access to higher end concessions, concessions delivery to your seat, etc.

OP
OP
S

SeeMooreMetcalf

Reaction score
Go to https://seahawks.io-media.com/ it gives you a view from each section that allows you to scan up, down, and all around. You can look up to see if that section is under the roof. Way better than the static view most sites offer.

Hawks nest can be very cold that time of year. It's fully exposed to the elements, and has aluminum bleacher seats. Both end zones are pretty rowdy. Hawks nest is cheaper. South end zone is warmer, and equally loud. I prefer the latter.

Where you sit depends on the experience you are looking for. If you want to feel the energy of the crowd, and really enjoy the volume, the south end zone is where it's at. I've had my glasses broken, and my jaw dislocated there during NFC Championship Games. You will miss a lot of the action. For example, I had a hard time seeing the 2 point conversion in the NFCCG against Green Bay. But "The Tip," and Kearse's overtime game winner were both right in front of me.

If X's and O's are your thing, then Charter 307 to Charter 311, and Charter 333 to Charter 337 are the shit, especially if you get row 1. It has a more detached feel, though.

Club seats offer a more refined, hybrid experience. Somewhere between the end zones and the charters. It has a slightly less detached feel, and slightly less X's and O's visibility, than the charter seats, and isn't as rowdy as the end zones. The crowd tends to be quieter and less involved in the game. They sit down a lot. I felt a bit out of place in these seats, but still had a great time.

Technically, club seats are all under the roof, but, if there is a bit of wind, you need to get above row F, or so, to be sure you are out of the elements. You get access to higher end concessions, concessions delivery to your seat, etc.
If I get the Club seats for 1 game, do you know what benefits do I get other than all-inclusive food and drink? Am I going to be able to meet the Seagals, Blitz and other Seahawks alumni?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Inclusive food and drink is only in the 90 Toyota Club seats.

Thr Delta club seat amenities can be found here

Spohawks

Reaction score
I perfer section 1, row 1, seat 1...my couch.
Tickets...free
Parking...free
Food...free
Commute time...zero
Lines...zero
Replays...yes
Walking...no
Body position....standing, laying or sitting.

After going to a game it was more of a bucket list kind of thing. I would hate to buy a seat and not be able to sit.

However, spend the extra cash for the better tickets, its worth it and have a blast!

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
I had Club seats for several years, until I moved away in 2005. I always get them when I come back for games, which has been a few times.

- IIRC, most Club seats are covered from rain, starting about 5-6 rows up. The first several rows can get rain.
- The Club seats are much more comfortable than any other seat in the stadium.
- There is no free food or drink
- You do have access to the Club lounges. Plenty of food options and some places to sit. Fairly quick restroom lines.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Right now there's a good chance that game gets flexed to prime time. The scheduled game now is Rams vs. Chargers and the Rams are already toast. Jets at Seahawks actually looks like the best game that week.