Jeremy Lane doesn't think Gronk is that good

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I used to say why is it always the nickel DB or backup TE that talks smack before the SB, but Shermy Sherm kinda ruined that for me.

Either way, not a big fan of talking crap for the biggest game of the year. But I guess that's part of the identity and motivating factor of this team.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Nice save by PC when asked about Lane's comment at the press conference today:

"Oh, Jeremy just hasn't watched the game tape yet".

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Armchair Bronco":323747a0 said:
If the Patriots are relying on statements from Jeremy Lane to get motivated, then they are in big trouble.

Somehow, I just can't imagine Belicheck telling the team in the locker room 5 minutes before kickoff: "Listen guys, let's go show the world that Jeremy Lane is wrong about Gronk!"

Locker room fodder is highly over-rated.

Agreed. Our team talks trash from the moment it steps on the field. Sherman has called Crabtree sorry and this team doesn't care if you write their name in blood. It isn't about them boys. :0190l:

LolaRox

Reaction score
I don't agree that 'Gronk is not that good' , but I don't have any problem with Jeremy saying it.

This team is confident, brazen and not afraid to let you know it. It's who they are and what got them here - I don't want them to be anything different.

Bring it.

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":17spxx8q said:
HansGruber":17spxx8q said:
If the patriots need bulletin board material, they've already lost.
I understand your mindset on this, but no team in the league has more players that "need bulletin board material" more than the Seahawks...And it has worked out tremendously well for us. Tons of guys with chips on their shoulders, constantly looking for material/disrespect to add extra motivation.

Sherman said he loved the taste of his own blood, that it gets him hyped up, and Earl said that his shoulder pain during the game made him better. More focused. That's what NE is facing. That's the mentality.

Our team doesn't need bulletin board material. They're going to bring the dog to this fight no matter what. That's what they do. If New England, for even one second, plays at anything less than 100% while being in pure unimaginable horrific pain, they will lose. If they aren't in the fight to inflict and endure pain at the same level as the Seahawks simply for the joy of the pain, they will lose. Because that's the game that Seattle brings.

That's why we're going to win this game, even though it will be close and tough. It's the swagger that New England just can't overcome. They have a 37 year old QB. That dude doesn't want to taste his own blood. He doesn't want to play with a dislocated shoulder with no painkillers so that he can get off on it. Hell no. He doesn't want a blown-out knee or a concussion, and if he suffers any of those things, he'll be on the bench like the rest of them.

Our dogs don't care about that. Earl said they're willing to endure those things simply to inflict more pain, outlast and devastate their enemies. He said they'd play with broken arms. That's our mentality.

I'm not worried about smack.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
HansGruber":1szhlrsb said:
RolandDeschain":1szhlrsb said:
HansGruber":1szhlrsb said:
If the patriots need bulletin board material, they've already lost.
I understand your mindset on this, but no team in the league has more players that "need bulletin board material" more than the Seahawks...And it has worked out tremendously well for us. Tons of guys with chips on their shoulders, constantly looking for material/disrespect to add extra motivation.

Sherman said he loved the taste of his own blood, that it gets him hyped up, and Earl said that his shoulder pain during the game made him better. More focused. That's what NE is facing. That's the mentality.

Our team doesn't need bulletin board material. They're going to bring the dog to this fight no matter what. That's what they do. If New England, for even one second, plays at anything less than 100% while being in pure unimaginable horrific pain, they will lose. If they aren't in the fight to inflict and endure pain at the same level as the Seahawks simply for the joy of the pain, they will lose. Because that's the game that Seattle brings.

That's why we're going to win this game, even though it will be close and tough. It's the swagger that New England just can't overcome. They have a 37 year old QB. That dude doesn't want to taste his own blood. He doesn't want to play with a dislocated shoulder with no painkillers so that he can get off on it. Hell no. He doesn't want a blown-out knee or a concussion, and if he suffers any of those things, he'll be on the bench like the rest of them.

Our dogs don't care about that. Earl said they're willing to endure those things simply to inflict more pain, outlast and devastate their enemies. He said they'd play with broken arms. That's our mentality.

I'm not worried about smack.

Nice post. And true.

irocdave

Reaction score
I think Lane should keep quite. I get the sense he's trying to pick up where Sherman left off last season, same thing with Baldwin. Both of them are no where near the player that Sherman is and just both need to shut up. It's one thing to spout off about a particular player if your going head to head with them, I don't see Lane being tasked with covering Gronk. It just comes off as childish. "my brother is going to beat you up" Lame.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HansGruber":25pg91dm said:
Our team doesn't need bulletin board material.
Since when? Sherman still uses his 5th-round pick status to motivate him, Earl has said being called too short still motivates him, etc.

Our team's FILLED with guys that thrive off of slights, both perceived and real. Look, I'm with you about Lane running his mouth; I'm fine with it. However, there's no questioning that we have a LOT of players that thrive on bulletin board material.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CANHawk":2w28on3t said:
It's okay, these aren’t Jeremy Stevens's seahawks. We can back that sort of talk up now. I'm not worried. Is Gronk all that much better than I'm Jimmy or Vernon Davis? Not really...

Uh, yes. Yes he is.

Gronk is faster and much much tougher than Jimmy and tougher than Davis but slower. He's also larger than both and is a very good blocker for a guy that's 6'7".

Lane really needs to not say this. It's going to burn him. We're slowing down Gronk, but not stop him.

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b86uubq said:
HansGruber":3b86uubq said:
Our team doesn't need bulletin board material.
Since when? Sherman still uses his 5th-round pick status to motivate him, Earl has said being called too short still motivates him, etc.

Our team's FILLED with guys that thrive off of slights, both perceived and real. Look, I'm with you about Lane running his mouth; I'm fine with it. However, there's no questioning that we have a LOT of players that thrive on bulletin board material.
I said they don't need it. And I don't think, outside of Baldwin, that any of them thrive because of perceived slights.

Our defense plays with a level of passion that is without equal at this level. That's what Pete looks for. Guys who are so passionate about the game that they don't need motivation from the outside.

Seattle is the NFL equivalent of Kimbo Slice in a bar fight. This bulletin board nonsense is like some putz in a pink polo with a popped collar offering a handshake before the fight. Kimbo tells him to eff off and head butts him before pounding his face into the bar repeatedly. Which guy do you want to be in that fight? The polite guy getting punked? Who cares if his crying girlfriend thinks Kimbo was rude? Kimbo just turned your polite boyfriend into a puddle of broken bones and blood laying on the floor of the bar. Congrats on the style points. Hope things work out with the reconstructive facial surgery.

I like our team of Kimbos. I hear them talking about loving the taste of their own blood and then flip channels to hear Wilfork saying Lynch is the best. I know Belichick tells him to say that, but it sounds weak and soft. He doesn't believe that stuff. He wants to hurt Lynch. But he's gonna come out with that pink polo nonsense? Beast Mode don't even care. Straight up, Wilfork, Beast Mode thinks you are a beyatch and he's going to be smiling at you when he grabs his junk as he's running past your fat ass into the end zone, you fat old slob. Say what you mean. That pussycat nonsense doesn't get you anywhere. You really think that's going to make Lynch run any less hard at you? You really think that's going to stop him from beasting all over your weak run defense? Hell naw!! We some thugs up in here! And thugs don't respect punks!!

It's easy to see who's walking out of this alley brawl, and who's going out on a stretcher.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HansGruber":19qpf1fe said:
And I don't think, outside of Baldwin, that any of them thrive because of perceived slights.
Yeah, Sherman's rant about Crabtree opening his mouth about the best isn't a perceived slight he cared about at all. Come on, dude.

I give up, lol.

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2eefpj2o said:
HansGruber":2eefpj2o said:
And I don't think, outside of Baldwin, that any of them thrive because of perceived slights.
Yeah, Sherman's rant about Crabtree opening his mouth about the best isn't a perceived slight he cared about at all. Come on, dude.

I give up, lol.

Oh my bad, I thought we were talking about THIS year. I didn't realize we were talking about things that happened last year.

TAB420

Reaction score
Whatever this team says or does, is what got them where they are today. Let's not change that now. I had too many years of Seattle being the proactive, nice kid on the block. We turned bullies and became champions of the world.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Who cares? Honestly, In the last 3 years only one TE gave us any problems, and it was 150 degrees that game. Lane won't even be the one asked to stop Gronk, KJ and Kam will take Gronk out of the game. If there is one thing I'm sure of, it's that Gronk won't be the reason NE wins.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":2hcp0wdc said:
Lot of revisionist history here too. All Stevens said was "we didn't come here to lose". Should he have said "we came here not to win"?

It was blown out of proportion by the media. It's not even in the same universe as what Lane said.
...Joey Porter's flapping gash didn't help.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
irocdave":1zj40y4y said:
I think Lane should keep quite. I get the sense he's trying to pick up where Sherman left off last season, same thing with Baldwin. Both of them are no where near the player that Sherman is and just both need to shut up. It's one thing to spout off about a particular player if your going head to head with them, I don't see Lane being tasked with covering Gronk. It just comes off as childish. "my brother is going to beat you up" Lame.
I'd say what I think is lame, but forum rules prevent it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawks46":2axhbgpf said:
CANHawk":2axhbgpf said:
It's okay, these aren’t Jeremy Stevens's seahawks. We can back that sort of talk up now. I'm not worried. Is Gronk all that much better than I'm Jimmy or Vernon Davis? Not really...

Uh, yes. Yes he is.

Gronk is faster and much much tougher than Jimmy and tougher than Davis but slower. He's also larger than both and is a very good blocker for a guy that's 6'7".

Lane really needs to not say this. It's going to burn him. We're slowing down Gronk, but not stop him.
A team full lions followed by many who jump at the sight of their own shadow.

ExpatPack

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":16vwakxb said:
Gronk is that good and he is getting the ball from the best in the business.

On another note, Gronk CAN be covered. The problem is when he gets the ball he makes progress and can take a hit on top of being the best red zone target in the business. If he does have a LOB member all over him, it may be enough to reduce the number of times Brady targets him. If they just try running that trademark seam route Kam and Earl might have a very impact day.

I would rather see Kam playing the ball than laying lumber on Gronk, but Kam can never be underestimated and he could rack Gronk back to childhood. I don't know what Lane is doing, but he can cover Gronk, he just won't have a lot of success keeping him from passing the ball.

I wish we had Gronk, but I will take our defense on that any day of the week.

Except that Kam may be the one who gets racked back to childhood if he tries to hit Gronk on anything but a blind side. Gronk is a major problem for any defense. He is the best TE in the NFL, hands down. Gronk over the middle is a real threat and were I the Seahawks, he'd be the guy I'd try to shut down first with safety help over the top.