Jeff Triplette to officiate Sunday's game.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Triplett is known for some dubious calls. Most notably, throwing a penalty flag, which has pins in it, at a players face, lacerating his eye, causing said player to flip out, and physically assault Triplett.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I believe the flags are weighted with BBs, not pins.

Also, while amused, is this now Seahawks.Net.4chan?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Honestly I don't trust any of the officiating crews to get the calls right anymore. They're all incompetent.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3s694fin said:
Honestly I don't trust any of the officiating crews to get the calls right anymore. They're all incompetent.
I totally agree. They have been bad all season and not just SeaHawk games. I have been seeing it all over the NFL about bad calls.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":8p2q6r00 said:
dk9.gif

lmao

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Triplette is terrible, but let's hope the calls don't affect the outcome

drdiags

Reaction score
I may not like the fact I have to see an official, most times he is going to be making a call I wish he wouldn't. Triplette is a retired Colonel, and I figure he is just doing the best he can. The linked video and 3 part series Peter King did, looking at it in an unbiased point of view makes me respect the task these guys have at hand. Just like coaches, players and owners; they get the brunt of fan dissatisfaction. Give it a view. Not trying to change anyone's thoughts on officiating. The video was well done though.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/24/pgame-150-the-video/

“Okay,” Steratore says. “We just watched that for what? Ten or 15 minutes? For the part of the play that takes maybe 1.3 seconds? And you see something, but you’re not sure how much it is. I didn’t call it because I felt like it wasn’t enough of a restriction. But understand, when it’s reviewed by the supervisor or the guys at the league, that there’s a chance that’s enough and that’s a miss. That’s how finely tuned we are. Then understand that five of those happen throughout the course of 15 weeks we work, and your chances of working an AFC or NFC Championship, or the big game, are gone. On maybe five of those plays in an entire year. That’s how tightly scrutinized this business is.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/04/peter-king-spends-week-with-nfl-refs/2/

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":3obgje80 said:
I may not like the fact I have to see an official, most times he is going to be making a call I wish he wouldn't. Triplette is a retired Colonel, and I figure he is just doing the best he can. The linked video and 3 part series Peter King did, looking at it in an unbiased point of view makes me respect the task these guys have at hand. Just like coaches, players and owners; they get the brunt of fan dissatisfaction. Give it a view. Not trying to change anyone's thoughts on officiating. The video was well done though.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/24/pgame-150-the-video/

“Okay,” Steratore says. “We just watched that for what? Ten or 15 minutes? For the part of the play that takes maybe 1.3 seconds? And you see something, but you’re not sure how much it is. I didn’t call it because I felt like it wasn’t enough of a restriction. But understand, when it’s reviewed by the supervisor or the guys at the league, that there’s a chance that’s enough and that’s a miss. That’s how finely tuned we are. Then understand that five of those happen throughout the course of 15 weeks we work, and your chances of working an AFC or NFC Championship, or the big game, are gone. On maybe five of those plays in an entire year. That’s how tightly scrutinized this business is.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/04/peter-king-spends-week-with-nfl-refs/2/
But if it's "tightly scrutinized" why do some of these guys even have their jobs? Seriously, though my job is easier than theirs I can tell you there are people in this country that have jobs more difficult than NFL official that would lose those jobs if they were as poor at them as Tripplette and Coleman and Carey and Leavy, et.al. are. Shouldn't the scrutinization lead to something beyond a slap on the wrist (in the form of not getting to work the playoffs/Superb Owl?

chris98251

Reaction score
Over the last few years it has been blatently apparent that the offciating has created a controversy in more and more games, getting oopsie letters after the fact isn't the resolution. Having a eye in the sky I don't think will either, the time involved with so many calls being bad routinely is going to make offcials less competatent not more. The advent of replay has caused them to second guess themselves as it is. The pace of a game is just as important as the play calls, stopping teams in mid drives kills momentum on offense and gives the defense a chance to rest, the whole point of a offense that is in sync is to get to the line and run the play and wear down a defense.

On defense you want to pressure the offense, stopping plays so that the offense can adjust due to a play stoppage by bringing in personnel or having longer time to look at camera shots of alignment negates what a DC is doing.

In the last two minutes this could be crucial in dictateing an advantage.

Having watched football most of my life this is the worst I have seen it game in and game out, we have always been able to see replays at home, prior to the last 10 or 12 years the officials were getting things right more often then not, also the new ticky tacky rules about contact have really changed how games are looked at I feel as well, they are more intersted in not getting bad grades then actually offciating I think.