Jared to be DFA'd soon?

Bobblehead

Reaction score

Looks now like his days are numbered.

Can't blame the M's much, other than perhaps Salary issues, but all players go through that. Jared needs to hit Big league stuff.. suck it up Jared.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow. Never was a huge fan of him. Comes across as your typical over privileged baseball player. Didn’t he have like a clothing line before he even played a major league game? He needs some humble pie, because right now he is an embarrassing MLB player. He should be carrying Julio’s bags around if he ever gets called back up to the Mariners.

Last edited:

balakoth

Reaction score
Wow. Never was a huge fan of him. Comes across as your typical over privileged baseball player. Didn’t he have like a clothing line before he even played a major league game? He needs some humble pie, because right now he is an embarrassing MLB player. He should be carrying Julio’s bags around if he ever gets called back up to the Mariners.
Official? I mean if you consider "Shopify" official

balakoth

Reaction score

Man tried too hard at the wrong things

Ruminator

Reaction score
Wonder if he just had a talk with Servais that didn't go the way he'd hoped. Even to this day I've clung to the hope that he was just having a prolonged batting funk on the majors level and that he'd soon come around and significantly improve his average. Guess maybe it's time to let that go.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I had hope for the guy, but he just doesn't seem to have it. Oh well, this team doesn't need him, at all.

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of feel for the kid. He was supposed to be doing what Julio is doing now. Until he learns to hit big league pitching, he won't stay on a major league roster. In this modern game, you can't just be a defensive outfielder.

Oh well.

Hawker

Reaction score
His bat is stuck somewhere in between AAA and the major-league. Hits so well in Tacoma, can't see the ball at all in Seattle. It is a mental thing at this point? Trying too hard?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hopefully some other team sees that "Can't miss prospect" potential and surrenders a king's ransom for Jared.
I wouldn't be surprised if Scott and Jerry just let him cool his heels and see if he can get back to hitting.

Their feathers don't ruffle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, if they can get something in a trade, they should make it happen next year. Might be best for everyone. And I was really stoked when he came up.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
His bat is stuck somewhere in between AAA and the major-league. Hits so well in Tacoma, can't see the ball at all in Seattle. It is a mental thing at this point? Trying too hard?
Yes.. and to compound it.. theirs Julio setting the bar. Jared has never really looked relaxed and loose and as in any sport, I'm sure to be loose is critical in Baseball.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think the team has handled him piss poorly. From service time manipulation to broken promises (hit well in Tacoma and you’ll be up again in September).

But, if Jarrod was hitting at the big league level, he be here now.
THAT’S 1000% on JK.

For those saying trade him, he has zero trade value.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think the team has handled him piss poorly. From service time manipulation to broken promises (hit well in Tacoma and you’ll be up again in September).

THAT’S 1000% on JK.

To which is why, I thought DFA'n him might be the best if he's lost confidence in the org.. let him get a new start somewhere else, if he turns out to be great.. well so be it, but the M's won't be accountable for hamstringing him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
To which is why, I thought DFA'n him might be the best if he's lost confidence in the org.. let him get a new start somewhere else, if he turns out to be great.. well so be it, but the M's won't be accountable for hamstringing him.
I can see him raking in a Bosox uni.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I wanted to trade him after his initial stint. Dude has zero eye for the ball at the big league level.

He has zero trade value now so i’d rather plug him away at aaa until he is ready for another shot. Maybe he figures it out.

His call up will forever be one of the worst in mariners history with everything surrounding it

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I remember being told Jarred was struggling because of the way the Mariners handled him. Claiming player time manipulation. Not so much, if anything he could have used more time in the minors. Guy can't hit and blaming the organization for it was absurd and is absurd.

IndyHawk

Reaction score

THAT’S 1000% on JK.

I disagree..If he had come up and proved himself after
all the mouth and rejecting the deal he was offered then
I'd agree.
All he's done so far is show the M's are doing the right thing.
It happens some just bust at the MLB level.

Latest posts