Jamarco Jones

ivotuk

Reaction score
September 3, 2019 04:36 PM -- Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Clear of hip injury

Jones saw 25 snaps on offense in Thursday's preseason finale against Oakland.

Jones sustained the injury in mid-August, although it's unclear how exactly he sustained it. Now healthy, the 23-year-old figures to slot in as a backup behind starting tackles Duane Brown and Germain Ifedi.

August 23, 2019 06:44 PM -- Seahawks' Jamarco Jones: Dealing with hip flexor injury

Head coach Pete Carroll said Jones will be held out of Saturday's preseason tilt with the Chargers due to a hip injury, Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio 950 KJR Seattle reports.

It's unclear how Jones sustained the injury, although the team seems optimistic that he'll be able to play in their final preseason matchup Thursday. When healthy, Jones seems poised for a backup role behind starters Duane Brown and Germain Ifedi.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/p ... arco-jones

ivotuk

Reaction score
This guy has quite a few video breakdowns on the webpage and covers Jamarco fairly well.

Filed under: Xs & Os Breakdowns 2018 NFL Draft

Let’s look at some film of Jamarco Jones By John P. Gilbert@JohnPGilbertNFL May 2, 2018, 8:00am PDT

During the third and final day of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks selected offensive tackle Jamarco Jones out of Ohio State, the only offensive lineman they selected during the draft. Many observers have pointed to his length and strong technique as reasons why he could potentially be an immediate contributor on the offensive line for the team, and he does have certain skills that are highly developed. In this piece, however, I’m going to focus more on the parts of his game that concern me.

To start with, however, I am going to show what he does well, and that is that when he locks on to a guy, there’s a good chance that defender isn’t going anywhere. Here is an example of him locking on a defender and driving, which is what we like to see. In all of these videos he is at left tackle wearing number 74.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/5/2/173 ... y-winovich

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Jones is a Tackle and very well could be our future LT . It's good to know he's versatile enough to play inside to bad he can't play Center as well. I'd like to see Jones at RT with Ifedi inside but the coaching staff seems hell bent on keeping Ifedi at RT.

Seafan

Reaction score
Jones has missed most of his first two training camps with injuries. He did seem to play well at LT when he finally got healthy at the end of preseason. He has great technique and brute strength, he doesn't cave in to bull rushing pass rushers like most of the OL. For Russell's health I wouldn't want to take him out of the lineup. He also didn't hurt the team with stupid penalties and got away with holding due to his smart technique. I'm curious what the staff is going to do now. The team also has three young, powerful guards on reserve lists.

There are potentially 5 to 7 tackles that will be drafted in the first round in 2020. The Hawks should have a really good group of OL in camp next summer. While Pete has raved about Ifedi having his best year I don't see them re-signing him.