Jake Hayner, qb, Fresno state

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

If you’re taking a guy later, you want this guy. He hates being compared to Brock, but in his local pro Day, he performed like Brock. Sounds like Brock. His s2 cognition test is even higher than Brock, 97 percent. That’s what Young’s is, and that’s a big reason Young is no 1 on the board.

It really is a shame we retained Lock for 3.5m, but doesnt mean we can’t get him, have him compete with Lock, and if he has the “it” factor then proceed.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Id take Haener in the 4th or 5th but I have a strong feeling Haener is probably going to the Patriots at 76.

I like the fact that Haener should be able to acclimate to the PNW a lot quicker than all the southern QBs which is seemingly everyone but Stroud and the Purdue guy.

toffee

Reaction score

If you’re taking a guy later, you want this guy. He hates being compared to Brock, but in his local pro Day, he performed like Brock. Sounds like Brock. His s2 cognition test is even higher than Brock, 97 percent. That’s what Young’s is, and that’s a big reason Young is no 1 on the board.

It really is a shame we retained Lock for 3.5m, but doesnt mean we can’t get him, have him compete with Lock, and if he has the “it” factor then proceed.

Smart boy from Danville, may be pick him up as undrafted free agent?

nanomoz

Reaction score
If they're going with a QB later, I hope it's McKee or Hall. I think McKee is underrated.

ryank24

Reaction score
He threw a combined total of 13 passes (completing 9 of them) for UW spread across 3 games. I think it’s fair to say he didn’t play enough here to get a thorough evaluation.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
He threw a combined total of 13 passes (completing 9 of them) for UW spread across 3 games. I think it’s fair to say he didn’t play enough here to get a thorough evaluation.

A game losing pick 6 isnt all that great

Couldnt beat out Eason who may have been the most overrated QB at UW in quite awhile

He may have turned out ok if given the chance, but his time at UW was less than stellar

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Oh Jesus, god no. this kid wasn't even a good College Qb. Terrible.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Haener has a very good completion percentage. 72.0. I think that’s important for a late round QB.

My favorite late round choice is Dorian Thompson-Robinson. Also a very nice comp% of 69.6, but is more mobile and is closer to prototypical size. Him I’d target in the seventh round if no early round QB is taken.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
And he never got a fair shake from Pete. Petersen fell in love with the size and arm talent of Eason (As did I) and screwed the pooch becuz he had to have known Eason was a one and done. Haener was DeBoer's first choice over Penix to take over the Dawg's QB position last year and DeBoer has done nothing to make me think he doesn't know how to evaluate players.

Of course he's undersized and I'd really prefer we not go down that path again but I won't be shocked if Haener has many an NFL start in his future. And I think he'll be a guy hard to take off the field. I'm not sure where this idea that " he sucked in college" came from. Haener won a lot of football games, he's tough mentally and physically and if he was 6'3" he might be the first player off the board this year. I don't think he'll last through the 4th and I wish him well.