Jaguars fire Gus Bradley [SB NATION] "Satire"

raisethe3

Reaction score
Jaguars fire Gus Bradley; Yosemite Sam named Interim Coach

The Jacksonville Jaguars have done what was considered inevitable and have fired Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley.

After a lengthy discussion aboard Kismet, owner Shad Khan's yacht, general manager David Caldwell and Khan came to the agreement that Gus Bradley's tenure as head coach was over. This comes as no great surprise to anyone here at Big Cat Country.

After a 1-5 start to the season that was plagued by mediocre play that was compounded by injuries across the roster, Caldwell decided that a coaching change was necessary.

During an impromptu press conference, he stated that while the roster was beset by injuries, the lackadaisical play on the field by rookies and veterans alike proved that the on the field results were not a product of talent so much as coaching. Citing a culture in which players were coddled and treated without stern criticism, Caldwell appointed a relative newcomer to the NFL Yosemite Sam as Interim Head Coach.

No stranger to hard criticism and consternation, Yosemite Sam wasted no time addressing concerns about his coaching style.

More from source:
Code:
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/10/20/9572359/jaguars-fire-gus-bradley-yosemite-sam-named-interim-coach?ref=yfp

Thoughts anyone? Should we take him back? IMO, not to knock-off Kris Richard, but we need a true DC who really has the knowledge.

kearly

Reaction score
Satirical article. Poorly done, probably trying to be clickbait.

OP
OP
raisethe3

raisethe3

Reaction score
kearly":lc70sptm said:
Satirical article. Poorly done, probably trying to be clickbait.

I know its not a reliable source. But I am pretty sure Jaguars are going to do it some time down the road if not earlier.

drrew

Reaction score
Change the title to point out it's satire.
If that doesn't happen, can we please have mods delete?

chris98251

Reaction score
drrew":1inbgwbd said:
Change the title to point out it's satire.
If that doesn't happen, can we please have mods delete?

Title adjusted...................

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't want Bradley anywhere near defensive playcalling duties. He loves the "soft zone" defense, the way DB loves bubble screens and empty sets. I like him as a coach, not as a play caller.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":298hwz5e said:
I don't want Bradley anywhere near defensive playcalling duties. He loves the "soft zone" defense, the way DB loves bubble screens and empty sets. I like him as a coach, not as a play caller.
:13:

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2d7agus3 said:

Maybe he could switch to offense :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":1zs578dc said:
Sports Hernia":1zs578dc said:

Maybe he could switch to offense :)
If it's a choice between what's there now and Gus, I'm taking my chances with Gus. Heck, the Hawks already do this with D-lineman, why not with DC's? 8)

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I'll put this here instead of starting a new thread. Anyone watching the streaming game from London? After leading 27-3, Bradley's Jags have melted down. Bills take the lead on a Pick 6 as I type this!
I admit to being intrigued by the thought of Gus returning, but no thanks. Watching this is reminiscent of our 2012 blown leads.
Other observations: the streaming has been flawless; very impressed.
That punter the Jags drafted 5 slots ahead of RW (Bryan Anger)? Not impressed.

Gusbusser

Reaction score
Bortles is definitely not bad, y'all. As a Jags fan I'm critical as hell on this team and it's constant mediocrity but honest to God would start my franchise around Bortles if you told me I had to pick one young QB to build around.

He's got the second best rushing average outside of Rodgers, I believe only Rodgers, Brady and Dalton have more TD's thrown on the season so far (I think Bortles might actually be ahead of one of them after two TD's today. ), he's tough to bring down, corrected his throwing motion, footwork, protections, etc etc.

The pick 6's people look at only seem worse than they really are. People don't realize the guys he's throwing to (Hurns & Allen Robinson - Hurns undrafted) both came out of the same draft as he did. They are young and sometimes aren't on the same page which the defense clearly jump on. Those are also short stick routes that corners feed on. That's on playcalling.

The thing killing us is DEFENSE!!! It feels like we're stuck in this soft zone we can't do anything with. We're missing Fowler JR so we're just getting picked apart with no rush.

That's where the Bortles INT's come from. Playing behind and having to force it to make something happen.