Its Week 6. Trade Deadline.

Sharkahawkolic

Reaction score
I think the most likely trade would be a running back for a run stuffer. We are so deep at RB and really need some beef on the line.

hawkpride

Reaction score
Sidney Rice has been money for us, and when PH returns the hawks receiving (and return game) will be a force not many teams will be able to handle. They are both kinda glass houses so having both is insurance for us. So I'm not one to be wanting to do a trade that involves Sidney Rice. But am up for anything else to help improve the O-line and Carp, within reason, (hands off legion of boom).

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
How often do we see "trades" in the NFL during the season? Very rarely....don't even waste your time "day dreaming" about a trade!

Cartire

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3fflo7mj said:
Trading during the season in the NFL?

Bigpumpkin":3fflo7mj said:
How often do we see "trades" in the NFL during the season? Very rarely....don't even waste your time "day dreaming" about a trade!

BeastMode?

kearly

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":4fsj4itb said:
It's almost like I was using hyperbole given how bad the Ravens WR need is and how much I like having Rice on our team.

I actually don't mind their WRs. Torrey Smith is a really nice player, and Marlon Brown looks promising as well. Brandon Stokely can still play, at least a little, and Jacoby Jones was a nice weapon before he got hurt and taken out for 6 weeks. If fully healthy, I'd probably rank that group around the NFL median.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What is it with people and Sydney Rice? Dude is a hell of a player, total team guy, and clutch. I don't get why so many people seem down on the guy. Not saying on here so much, but you just hear way too much negative on a guy who has been damn good and will continue to be.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
No, I think that would be the wrong move. Russell has learned to gel with all his main weapons. Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Miller, Lynch & Turbin even. Most of us believe Harvin will make a huge impact but I disagree about screwing with this offense over a third through the season. It's clicking pretty well, don't f@#% with it. Rice has great hands. We will need him along with Baldwin & Tate if we are to make this run to the top. I realize we need other things to happen as well, but we need to score points and having those 3 guys that hold on to almost everything thrown to them, on top of getting great YAC and/or amazing sideline catches, gives us our best chance to do that. Especially when we don't know exactly what it'll be like when/if Harvin gets back to 100%.

Cartire

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":157ai9k9 said:
What is it with people and Sydney Rice? Dude is a hell of a player, total team guy, and clutch. I don't get why so many people seem down on the guy. Not saying on here so much, but you just hear way too much negative on a guy who has been damn good and will continue to be.

No one is down on him. Everyone is down on his contract. He makes far to much money for a position that is handled fine in his absents. No one is taking away his skill set or even his report with Wilson, but the cost:production and cost:need is just not good. Its actually quite bad.

I do believe we look to restructure before we look to trade. He got paid pretty nice for the last 2 years, he shouldnt be scared to earn a bit less.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Trade deadline is the Tuesday following WEEK 8 .

Not that it is relevant in the NFL but just thought we should all know .

davidonmi

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3koe4zsl said:
davidonmi":3koe4zsl said:
remember when everyone ridiculed me for wanting to trade up to grab Warmack. What do u all think of that idea now

I think we'd have had to pay two first round picks for a guard.

So I'll pass.
well I did say that before we traded for harvin. 25 to 12 or 13 is not 2 fist rounders

davidonmi

Reaction score
Cartire":24iqbqd6 said:
SoulfishHawk":24iqbqd6 said:

No one is down on him. Everyone is down on his contract. He makes far to much money for a position that is handled fine in his absents. No one is taking away his skill set or even his report with Wilson, but the cost:production and cost:need is just not good. Its actually quite bad.

I do believe we look to restructure before we look to trade. He got paid pretty nice for the last 2 years, he shouldnt be scared to earn a bit less.
I would try to get his contract down to about 4. If he refuses I'm looking to trade. Money and big time production aside he is important for the system

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya Cartire, it's a big contract, that flat out needs to be reduced. Especially if they want to keep Tate. At this point, Tate needs to be a huge priority, talk about a guy who make clutch play after clutch play.

HawkWow

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1qzcetiy said:
I'd rather have Rice and see what we get from Hill at DT before I do something like this.

Same here. Rice has been money for us. I like the mindset of the OP, but we need to keep any and all weapons available to us, in hopes of winning it all THIS year. Additionally, I need to see a healthy Percy Harvin before I'll believe one actually exists. ATM, I wouldn't trade Williams for Harvin, let alone Rice.

This nextoff-season, whether we won it all or not, such decisions will need to be made. I am hopeful Rice's bro Harvin will be healthy. We will be the team to beat. And those factors influence Rice to re-structure. Regardless of the Rice / Tate situations, it's going to be a rough, painful off-season...count on that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Didn't read the entire thread, but the NFL extended the trade deadline to week 8.