It's over it's going to be a long season.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
This defense is just trash last in about every category. Adams is not fitting in on this team and doing nothing really to even justify starting. The only question is how bad is it going to get.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if it's Seattle first losing season in years, with the way the defense has been playing.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
I'm just so frustrated by the approach to roster building. Sleep-walking into very obvious problems at Centre and CB, flipping Damian Lewis' position after a good rookie year, consistently poor use of early round picks both in terms of player and positional choice. Urgh.

RiverDog

Reaction score
At this point, we're not a SB contender by any stretch of the imagination, but if you take a look at our remaining schedule, it's really soft outside our division. Here's a partial list of our opponents:

Steelers. They're imploding worse than we are. They are 1-3 and there are calls to bench Big Ben.

Saints. At 2-2, they've been Jeykl and Hyde. Hard to tell which way that team heads.

Jags, 0-4, a runaway train heading for a washed out bridge. They've lost 17 games in a row.

WFT, 2-2 with their wins coming against the 1-3 Giants and the 1-3 Falcons.

Texans, 1-3 and have lost 3 in a row. Their lone win was against the 0-4 Jags.

Bears, 2-2 with one of those wins coming against Jared Goff and the Lions.

Lions, 0-4. Actually I don't even have to qualify them by noting their record. Just say Lions and you get the picture.

Plus we get the Niners again at home, and who knows what they'll look like by the time we get to them in December.

xray

Reaction score
RiverDog":7ftf9wvw said:
At this point, we're not a SB contender by any stretch of the imagination, but if you take a look at our remaining schedule, it's really soft outside our division. Here's a partial list of our opponents:

Steelers. They're imploding worse than we are. They are 1-3 and there are calls to bench Big Ben.

Saints. At 2-2, they've been Jeykl and Hyde. Hard to tell which way that team heads.

Jags, 0-4, a runaway train heading for a washed out bridge. They've lost 17 games in a row.

Lions, 0-4. Actually I don't even have to qualify them by noting their record. Just say Lions and you get the picture.

Plus we get the Niners again at home, and who knows what they'll look like by the time we get to them in December.

^
These soft teams can't wait to play the Hawks D . The Hawks aren't scary anymore .

RiverDog

Reaction score
xray":3klw4r2c said:
RiverDog":3klw4r2c said:

^
These soft teams can't wait to play the Hawks D . The Hawks aren't scary anymore .

Agreed. I was just pointing out the environment that we exist in. Sometimes we get tunnel vision and forget about other teams and their problems.

Stud

Reaction score
RiverDog":16s3cxch said:

Don't you think that's alarming that the you're looking forward to them beating bad teams to make the playoffs? You do realize only winning teams make the playoffs and that is what Seattle will have to face, right?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RiverDog":13jfekux said:

Yea that's at least five wins, at least one divisional win.

That puts Seattle's FLOOR at 8 wins. It's possible they sweep those games and add a divisional win for a ceiling of 11 wins.

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers won just six a few years ago.

I hate wins as a QB stat, but Wilson the fastest to 100 wins.

Holy shit Seahawks fans need some perspective.

They have a worse roster than the Rams. They had a worse one last year, and Stafford was a larger upgrade than anything Seattle could realistically do. The only reason I was nervous about this game is because it was Thursday night where Seattle doesn't lose.

Wilson can lead the Seahawks to wins against superior rosters - usually just not the Rams.

Just enjoy this season. Most likely not going to be a Super Bowl, might not even make the playoffs. But y'all are watching the best Seahawk and one of the best players in NFL history.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3v18gokd said:
RiverDog":3v18gokd said:

Yea that's at least five wins, at least one divisional win.

That puts Seattle's FLOOR at 8 wins. It's possible they sweep those games and add a divisional win for a ceiling of 11 wins.

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers won just six a few years ago.

I hate wins as a QB stat, but Wilson the fastest to 100 wins.

Holy $h!t Seahawks fans need some perspective.

They have a worse roster than the Rams. They had a worse one last year, and Stafford was a larger upgrade than anything Seattle could realistically do. The only reason I was nervous about this game is because it was Thursday night where Seattle doesn't lose.

Wilson can lead the Seahawks to wins against superior rosters - usually just not the Rams.

Just enjoy this season. Most likely not going to be a Super Bowl, might not even make the playoffs. But y'all are watching the best Seahawk and one of the best players in NFL history.

Yeah, that's all possible fwiw.

The perspective of most Seahawk fans is that RW has been propping up not only the team, but the entire staff for years.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I see at least 5 losses in that list if we don't have Wilson.

If we do, maybe 2-3.

However, this will be great data for those who steadfastly believed that betting on Pete instead of Wilson was the way to go. That Pete would win without Wilson.
(The only way that bet makes sense is if you believe that there is no way to make a bet on Wilson, that is would be gone regardless)

It will be good a test to see if Pete can take a backup QB and win games by relying on the worst defense in the NFL and potentially NFL history. It is weird to see that we played the Rams last night to realize it since we are probably the antithesis of the Greatest Show on Turf, one of the greatest offenses ever.

We need a nickname for this defense because it is probably one of the greatest ever at being one of the worst.

I

RiverDog

Reaction score
Stud":3efov7pd said:
RiverDog":3efov7pd said:

Don't you think that's alarming that the you're looking forward to them beating bad teams to make the playoffs? You do realize only winning teams make the playoffs and that is what Seattle will have to face, right?

I wasn't looking forward to anything, and I specifically stated that we are not super bowl contenders. I was simply commenting on our remaining schedule and how other teams are having problems equal to or greater than our own. I suffer from no illusions about this team.

As far as only winning teams making the playoffs, nothing could be further from the truth. Last year, Chicago got a wild card with an 8-8 record and WFT won their division with a 7-9 record. With 14 out of the 32 teams qualifying for the playoffs, it's inevitable that there will be occasions where .500 or sub .500 teams make the playoffs.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2ghjuauy said:

Heh... I've followed the Seahawks since I moved to this area 10 years ago.

It must be nice to be spoiled by all the success. Since Wilson showed up in 2012 they've made the playoffs what? Every year but one? Winning seasons every year? Won a Super Bowl?

Look at the dumpster fire in Atlanta this year and in recent years since the LI implosion. We're super jealous.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1er2qpb6 said:
Ramfan128":1er2qpb6 said:

Heh... I've followed the Seahawks since I moved to this area 10 years ago.

It must be nice to be spoiled by all the success. Since Wilson showed up in 2012 they've made the playoffs what? Every year but one? Winning seasons every year? Won a Super Bowl?

Look at the dumpster fire in Atlanta this year and in recent years since the LI implosion. We're super jealous.

Exactly. Been a Rams fan since the late 90s so I've lived through some pain in the 90s then an awful 12 year period prior to McVay.

Even in 2004/2005, I appreciated Bruce and Holt

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice to hear from other fanbases on how good we actually have it here. One missed playoffs in 9 years. Back to back super bowl's and one play from back to back titles. Yeah, it's so rough here in Seattle. :?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3peakvur said:
Nice to hear from other fanbases on how good we actually have it here. One missed playoffs in 9 years. Back to back super bowl's and one play from back to back titles. Yeah, it's so rough here in Seattle. :?
While I somewhat agree with you, the way the team is currently comprised of, from the head coach down to the players with the salary cap what it is, the wins ceiling is not a playoff caliber team.

At best Seattle sneaks into the playoffs and gets eliminated in the first round.

Carroll’s current system requires an MVP Wilson.

Right now, Wilson is not in the discussion.

Carroll continues to have a dated game plan and does not believe he is the problem.

He traded numerous first round pick assets away in exchange for first round busts, I.e. Penny, Collins, to extent Jamal Adams.

These are horrible returns for what he gave up.

Carroll’s system requires an elite QB and an elite defense to work and to an extent an elite run game.

We have none.

The team caught a lucky break last year with the Niners being injury ridden and the Rams losing some games.

It’s hard to see the defense turning things around when the coaching isn’t there and continue to game plan how they have been for the past 5 or so years.

It’s getting beyond tiresome.

This year and the management of the team is what it is, a mess.

New management is needed and required in order to see better football.

A few more wins this season does not change this.

Seattle needs a new head coach.

New direction, badly.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is going to be hard to do anything with this staff.

I have a feeling the entire organization is permeated with sycophants, yes-men, nepotism, and favoritism.

There probably are not even that many worthwhile lower level coaches we can keep right now.

If Pete allows or encourages this from his Coordinators, and gives jobs to friends and family - imagine what the behavior on the lower levels looks like.

The whole thing is probably festering with people that not only don't help you win, but make it easier to lose.

CanadianHawk

Reaction score
It isn’t over yet, we still have 12 games to go. It might not look great, but things can change. If Wilson can’t play for a few games, do we have a backup quarterback for Smith?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2vh5evku said:
It is going to be hard to do anything with this staff.

I have a feeling the entire organization is permeated with sycophants, yes-men, nepotism, and favoritism.

There probably are not even that many worthwhile lower level coaches we can keep right now.

If Pete allows or encourages this from his Coordinators, and gives jobs to friends and family - imagine what the behavior on the lower levels looks like.

The whole thing is probably festering with people that not only don't help you win, but make it easier to lose.
I fear you may be correct.

Upper management from Jody Allen down is probably also like that as well.

For shame.