"It's just a game"

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1dprg00e said:
Hey folks calm down. It's just a game! ...that we should have won IF we had played our passing game in the first half. IF PC hadn't make that stupid time out call in the end.
IF our defense could get any pressure on the QB at all.
And do we have to mention our fricken OC and DC interviewing for jobs before the most important game to date?
Sheez, here I go again. Now I won't be able to sleep for another 24 hrs OH CRAP. Gotta go to work in 5 hours. Remember it's just a game. It's just a game. :cry:

The better team won is the reality, whether we won or lost you're still off to work.
We got handled and well behind in the first half without any points on the board. We come out 2nd half changing things up and playing better, ATL D playing a bit worse. We get the turnovers and come ahead by 1 point leaving :30 on the clock roughly, and the Hawk D (much like the first half) didn't stop their weapons, long plays that get them within FG range.
I'm just happy it was a great game and not a blowout, it certainly showed what this team is made of in rallying back like that 2nd half.

So, the other reality is that you do have much to look forward to in this Hawk team coming around.

Either way, you're off to work. It's just a game.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Aros":ip5mg00o said:
I totally get it. I was thinking today about age. I'm 44, not ancient but by no means a spring chicken either. I've lived and breathed this team their entire franchise existence since 1976. I've lived through SO much heartache and misery it's just plain ridiculous to go into detail. I too ask, "When...When will the Seahawks finally win the Super Bowl?" As you get older, it's easier to get a bit more insecure about when they are going to win it all. If you are in your teens or twenties, you can't relate to what I'm saying but if you were middle-aged or older, you totally see where I'm going with this.

I have a lot of awesome stuff on my Bucket List. But at the very tippy top is seeing the Seahawks win the Super Bowl before I leave this Earth.

With Russell Wilson, I feel that is going to be checked off before I hit 50.

Now let's hope I don't get hit by a bus before that happens!

I concur Aros. I turn 40 tomorrow and I've felt the same way. When does the heart ache end? When does this team win it all? I've almost given up on this team a few times but my loyalty and dedication has never faltered. I'll say this, I've never been more excited than I was after the loss on Sunday. Even more so than the 05 season because I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and its never been brighter. We've waited 37 seasons for him. The blessing that is Russell Wilson has arrived. His loyalty and dedication to winning a championship for the Seahawks, the 12th man and the city will not falter. He will not let this team be denied. Remember, per-season started Monday. :)

lukerguy

Reaction score
One of my best friends just lost his Mother to Cancer...Yeah, it's just a game....

Perspective is important, I think. I love the Hawks, and would do anything I could to ensure they win a Super Bowl..and I do (I travel to away games, spend thousands of dollars to support them), but in the end...there's a lot more to life than just football.

Latest posts