Is Marshawn returning a sign that reconciliation is possible

Eamon696

Reaction score
Obviously, the SB interception created a rift in the locker room that never healed for that group of guys.
From members of the defense, to Marshawn, it always seemed like something that lingered in their relationship with Pete Carroll. But with Marshawn coming back to play in a Seahawks jersey, for a Pete Carroll led team, is that a sign that reconciliation is possible for some of the core members of Seahawks history (Sherm, Earl, Michael Bennett, etc.)? Am I overthinking this move?

I have hope some day that members of that 2013 team can all grace the field together before a game. This Beastmode return gives me greater sense of hope than I did before this all happened.

John63

Reaction score
Eamon696":18duu6jw said:
Obviously, the SB interception created a rift in the locker room that never healed for that group of guys.
From members of the defense, to Marshawn, it always seemed like something that lingered in their relationship with Pete Carroll. But with Marshawn coming back to play in a Seahawks jersey, for a Pete Carroll led team, is that a sign that reconciliation is possible for some of the core members of Seahawks history (Sherm, Earl, Michael Bennett, etc.)? Am I overthinking this move?

I have hope some day that members of that 2013 team can all grace the field together before a game. This Beastmode return gives me greater sense of hope than I did before this all happened.

To me the "rift" was Sherman and few who rather than take responsibility for giving up a 10 point lead with 9 to go, wanted to lay blame some place else.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":1awbvrtt said:
Eamon696":1awbvrtt said:

To me the "rift" was Sherman and few who rather than take responsibility for giving up a 10 point lead with 9 to go, wanted to lay blame some place else.

THIS^^^^^^!!!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":iqyr1x5a said:
My bet is that Bevell was the rift.

I agree 100 %, Bevell was the cat who monkeyed up the play-call, and then shirked the blame onto Lockette..Pete took the blame because bottom line?, everything goes through him....Even Bevell's massive mistake.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Eamon696":230dhm64 said:

Browner won't make it. Other obligations...

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2j0wuxox said:
Eamon696":2j0wuxox said:

Yeah it was a pity Avril being injured and then or DB's playing with one arm, one leg and other injuries could not hold them, but on the one yard line with us moving almost at will we screw up with getting cute burning time and being unprepared. Then make the worst situational call we could have made with the personnel used.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
chris98251":dqq6iuyl said:
John63":dqq6iuyl said:
Eamon696":dqq6iuyl said:

Yeah it was a pity Avril being injured and then or DB's playing with one arm, one leg and other injuries could not hold them, but on the one yard line with us moving almost at will we screw up with getting cute burning time and being unprepared. Then make the worst situational call we could have made with the personnel used.

And the offense didn’t score any points but let’s blame the defense

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2t7kkqkf said:
John63":2t7kkqkf said:
Eamon696":2t7kkqkf said:

Yeah it was a pity Avril being injured and then or DB's playing with one arm, one leg and other injuries could not hold them, but on the one yard line with us moving almost at ⁶will we screw up with getting cute burning time and being unprepared. Then make the worst situational call we could have made with the personnel used.

Hmm the whole defense was 2 guys. Avril left in the 3red qtr. Tthe defense got 2 three and outs without him. That said I dont even blame the defense the most. I blame PC for going full play not to loose when we got the lead.

John63

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":1ymtiaw8 said:
chris98251":1ymtiaw8 said:
John63":1ymtiaw8 said:
Eamon696":1ymtiaw8 said:

And the offense didn’t score any points but let’s blame the defense

Okay and the defense gave up the lead. The defense that the team was built on, the defense were 60% of the money was on. But hey let's blame the offense.

As I said the defense is not my #1 place to blame. It is PC for playing not to looae.

quadsas

Reaction score
I think the animosity was already gone by the time Sherm was gone. He recently said he loves Pete and wanted badly for JS to match Niners offer. You could say Bennett was the problem, and clearly he's shown that he's a complete locker room cancer by him getting kicked out of every team he's played after.

Earl is just a moron, I do think Sherm would love to retire as a Seahawk and with Pete as his last coach

Edit: and Marshawn never had an issue with Pete, he's smart enough to realise what and why happened and grateful for how Pete allowed him to just be him

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for one of those guys to blow the lid off of that whole SB shambles. It will be an epic read. I do believe it all falls on Bevells shoulders due to Pete being shell shocked and lost during the moment, but I do blame Pete for not getting rid of Bevell after the whole debacle. Somebody needed to be held accountable for that atrocity and Pete chose Bevell over the players and the fallout happened immediately after.

xray

Reaction score
scutterhawk":13237jl1 said:
Wenhawk":13237jl1 said:
My bet is that Bevell was the rift.

I agree 100 %, Bevell was the cat who monkeyed up the play-call, and then shirked the blame onto Lockette..Pete took the blame because bottom line?, everything goes through him....Even Bevell's massive mistake.

The biggest play of the game was not engineered by Bevell alone . That play had Carrolls fingerprints all over it . He is still to this day involved in boneheaded offensive plays every game .

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Many things happened in that game. Fact is they had a chance to win the game on the goal line and they blew it. It's not like the Patriots were not capable of coming back from a 10 pt deficit. We lost Avril which was huge as well as Jeremy Lane. Bring on Tharold Simon and they started to expose the secondary. Drop KJ in coverage on Gronk which was another disaster. If the D would of stayed healthy they win. That being said they still should of won on that final play. Piss poor clock management and horrendous play calling.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
There are some very false narratives around that playcall. If Butler is even a half step late, that’s a TD. The main issue is that the rub route didn’t work, poor execution from Kearse and Lockette

My favorite narrative is from Stephen A, who says the play was called to give Russ the MVP. As if they didn’t call a run play right before that and Lynch got stopped at the 1. There was a possibility Lynch could have gotten that TD from that 1st run, they just overthought it and I have no doubt an incomplete pass would have led to a run on 3rd down.

xray

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2v3y51a1 said:
There are some very false narratives around that playcall. If Butler is even a half step late, that’s a TD. The main issue is that the rub route didn’t work, poor execution from Kearse and Lockette

My favorite narrative is from Stephen A, who says the play was called to give Russ the MVP. As if they didn’t call a run play right before that and Lynch got stopped at the 1. There was a possibility Lynch could have gotten that TD from that 1st run, they just overthought it and I have no doubt an incomplete pass would have led to a run on 3rd down.

We can argue forever about that play : but the NFL history books say that was the worse play called in Super Bowl history . So there's that .

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1f9ai7pr said:

"If Butler is even a half step late, that is a TD".

Most plays in football come down to who has a half-step. The old adage that football is a game of inches while cliche still rings true. You pointed out the fundamental FLAW in that play call yourself. It was a play that operates on a razor thin margin even when executed properly. Then we have the big elephant in the room, Brandon Browner.

The play hinged on Kearse being able to get a clean break on Brandon Browner so that he could pick off Butler. Do I even need to explain the idiocy of this play design? We specifically dialed up a play against a player that we knew well. A player that made a whole career off of pressing players at the LOS, a player that was the most physically intimidating DBs in football, a PLAYER that even elite receivers struggled getting free from at the LOS. That guy. To top things off Bronwer knew what the play was before it even started, it was a play he played in practices against on the Seahawks. He then tipped Butler off pre-snap. We called a play that played into the strength of the opposing defender, and we called a play that the guy had intimate knowledge of in a crucial situation.

If that wasn't enough we called on a WR that was a career special teamer to make the biggest play in franchise history. A receiver known for sloppy route running and dubious hands to make a play that calls for precise route running over the middle of the football field. THAT'S NOT ALL, Belicheck also stated that what we lined up in that specific formation in the red zone that we always ran that specific play. They all knew what play was coming, and we played into their players strengths, and yet some people are surprised that the play didn't work out (Bevell).

You can stand out in an open field with a large metal rod facing the sky during a lightning storm. You may make it out unscaved, but don't be surprised if and when you end up zapped by lighting. This is what the Seahawks effectively did with that play call. I understand that you like Pete, but in this case you need to call a spade a spade. It was objectively a really poor play design when you factor everything in. Not even the fact that they called the pass, this play was mind numbingly stupid on so many different levels. This play is indefensible and Pete as well as Bevell absolutely should be ridiculed for dialing it up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's a cliche, but time heals all wounds.

I would have told you you're crazy if you told me Kenny Easley would have been open to being inducted into the Ring of Honor and HOF as a Hawk, because no one in the history of Seahawk players held more resentment towards the franchise for ruining his career than Easley.

Lynch is a perfect example of what happens after a couple years elsewhere, or away from the Hawks for him to realize how good he had it here.........and I think in time many of these other players will feel the same.

Give it a good 10 years, and I have no doubt guys like Sherm, Earl and Mikey B will come back and have no problem being welcomed with open arms, and having those feelings being mutual. The reality is they know what they were a part of was special, so why would they not want to bask in that glory when they're retired?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
xray":1m8b20xv said:
We can argue forever about that play : but the NFL history books say that was the worse play called in Super Bowl history . So there's that .

Atlanta fans might beg to differ.

There's a dozen or so plays in LI called by the moron who's head was in SF that ended with the same net result... a won Super Bowl lost.

What's even more sick is the fact that even after all the horrid calls Atlanta STILL had the game won after Julio's catch... but no, lets call some pass plays instead of running the ball and having Money Bryant make the chip shot for the win.

With losses in both these games is Brady still the GOAT with a 4-5 SB record vs 6-3?

LOL

Latest posts