Is it time to ditch Thurmond?

seahawks08

Reaction score
he has speed and brings some unique skills that Pete and JS sees, I don't think it is time to drop him. People said the same about Russel Okung and Zach Miller at one point who are highly paid and see how it is working out now. Have patience. this guy will be a beast next season where most of our nickel and dime packages we suffered from this year will be fixed next year.

CanadianBeastmode

Reaction score
If WTIII signs a contract with his current salary, I see no reason why JS won't bring him back. They brought in Ruud last year who is injured even more than Thurmond and that sort of worked out. Worse case scenario, we hopefully get a late round pick for him if a new CB beats him out in camp next year.

ensett

Reaction score
seahawks08":2105v3q2 said:
he has speed and brings some unique skills that Pete and JS sees, I don't think it is time to drop him. People said the same about Russel Okung and Zach Miller at one point who are highly paid and see how it is working out now. Have patience. this guy will be a beast next season where most of our nickel and dime packages we suffered from this year will be fixed next year.

Okung has never played fewer than double digit games, it isnt comparable. Miller has missed 3 games in his career, I dont think anybody ever said anything like this about him. WT3 has missed more games since highschool than he has played, he is to health as Evan Moore is to talent.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
ensett":308qgery said:
seahawks08":308qgery said:

Okung has never played fewer than double digit games, it isnt comparable. Miller has missed 3 games in his career, I dont think anybody ever said anything like this about him. WT3 has missed more games since highschool than he has played, he is to health as Evan Moore is to talent.

This is not true but dont let facts get in your way.

In college he started 41 of 52 games in his 4 years. In the pro's he's played 22 out of 48 (after tomorrow).

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I know for a FACT that Thurmond as a child was hurt falling off his bicycle and couldn't complete his paper route.

We just didn't do our due diligence with this guy prior to the draft.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Thurman was injured almost all of '08 and played thru it. He was lost after the first game in '09 against Cal with a severe knee injury. He is good when he can play , but he has in reality been injured a great deal since then