Is it a big reach?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2v4omqr4 said:
This renders McKissic as a camp body. Prosise may get hurt again, obviously, but McKissic now has no chance unless Prosise gets injured.

Now, that's just pure play on the field talking. Money might dictate that Davis doesn't make the team unless he can magically show he's head an shoulders above McKissic and Prosise, which he won't.

Injury will likely sort it out though.
Agreed. Great points.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
GeekHawk":mnnhevyf said:
brimsalabim":mnnhevyf said:
What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth.

The same mocks that had Russell Wilson undrafted, and carrying a clipboard as a third stringer until the midget finally got cut? Experts who said he would never be a starter, and they would eat their microphone if he ever did? Those mocks and experts?

I can't listen to anyone who listens to 'mock drafts' and thinks they got anything out it except stupider. :roll:

Mock drafts are done by guys who don’t have or can’t find a job in the NFL. Some people would be a lot happier by not basing their opinions and emotions on draft picks by how they measure up to mock drafts. I’m happy with this pick. I played RB back in the day. This is a guy that I would have been happy with as a Seahawk. I don’t care where he was picked.

Jville

Reaction score
Pete and John talk about their first round pick and day one in this linked periscope press conference >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1lDxLaMLZDQKm[/urltargetblank]

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/989702814954938368[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/989719276859805696[/tweet]

He seems like a stud to me, love the pick. And apparently some other team really really wanted him too.

Fade

Reaction score
I think McKissic is too much of a matchup nightmare in the passing game to not keep on your team. You don't cut guys that good who are that cheap. So right now as it currently stands they would keep 4 backs + a Fullback.

Penny
Carson
McKissic
Davis

olyfan63

Reaction score
Love. This. Pick.

Great vision, toughness, speed, coachability.

Yes, some of his long 50+ yard college TDs will turn into 20 yard gainers in the pros with fast defenders chasing him. So what.

Our OL will suck a lot less this year too. Rookie RBs often can light it up in the NFL (see Warner, Curt, with a "C" for the most memorable Seahawks rookie RB) and Penny looks ready.

massari

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":19vzu41s said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/989719276859805696[/tweet]
I thought you can only trade a guy one year after being drafted.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Uh...running right side zone, right power, or trap left off of Fluker's ass is going to be a killer next year. Split 50/50 with Carson and Penny and just beat it up. Overwhelm with Tyson and then flash with Ali.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
vin.couve12":g39gkl53 said:
Uh...running right side zone, right power, or trap left off of Fluker's ass at RG is going to be a killer next year. Split 50/50 with Carson and Penny and just beat it up. Overwhelm with Tyson and then flash with Ali.

Fluker has great reach and heavy hands, but he's not an explosive north-south blocker. He's been a below average guard.

My biggest fears with Penny are his upright running style and wear on his tires, which makes him vulnerable to injuries, and his poor pass protection.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
hawknation2018":q439lctv said:
vin.couve12":q439lctv said:
Uh...running right side zone, right power, or trap left off of Fluker's ass at RG is going to be a killer next year. Split 50/50 with Carson and Penny and just beat it up. Overwhelm with Tyson and then flash with Ali.

Fluker has great reach and heavy hands, but he's not an explosive north-south blocker. He's been a below average guard.

My biggest fears with Penny are his upright running style and wear on his tires, which makes him vulnerable to injuries, and his poor pass protection.

PC/JS said that he hadn't been over used or 'run into the ground', one of the things they liked. And that he was durable, no big injury history. :Dunno:

hawknation2018

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1ld5utg9 said:
hawknation2018":1ld5utg9 said:
vin.couve12":1ld5utg9 said:

PC/JS said that he hadn't been over used or 'run into the ground', one of the things they liked. And that he was durable, no big injury history. :Dunno:

He had almost 300 rushing attempts last season. He's taken a lot of hits on special teams too. When you factor in his upright, downhill running style, that's a concern to me.

But they're right that he has been pretty durable, so maybe my worries are unfounded. ;)

[youtube]LKionSbD3-0[/youtube]

[youtube]tBssIxrNhGU[/youtube]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3io3ovsf said:
vin.couve12":3io3ovsf said:

My biggest fears with Penny are his upright running style and wear on his tires, which makes him vulnerable to injuries, and his poor pass protection.[/quote]

Well if he is as productive as Chris Warren I would be fine with his upright running.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2eavcpro said:
hawknation2018":2eavcpro said:
vin.couve12":2eavcpro said:

Well if he is as productive a Chris Warren I would be fine with his upright running.

Warren ran upright but with a wide base. Penny takes choppy steps. Not sure if that is something they can or will try to change with Penny.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Carson/Penny or Penny/Carson is it now. Brown returns at LT, LG will be a 320+ pound Pocic or Roos a LG, Britt, Fluker at RG and Ifedi at LT. It's a big athletic line either way and we're going to impose again.

AgentDib

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2gowzhs5 said:
He had almost 300 rushing attempts last season. He's taken a lot of hits on special teams too. When you factor in his upright, downhill running style, that's a concern to me.
Lots of attempts in 2017 but look at his overall college career where he was splitting carries.

Nick Chubb: 758 attempts
Saquon Barkley: 671 attempts
Ronald Jones: 591 attempts
Sony Michel: 590 attempts
Kerryon Johnson: 519 attempts
Rashaad Penny: 488 attempts
Derrius Guice: 471 attempts

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Guice is a slightly OK kinda better version of Rawls. Being 224 or not won't matter. He's off kilter and won't last.