Is Browner injured?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not good news, but if there's one position we can absorb an injury, it's DB. We lost Browner for four games last year, and won all four.

Cartire

Reaction score
ensett":3pqx95uu said:
2008 all over again

Overdramatic much. Funny, but it only took the 5th reply for someone to already declare the season over.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Cartire":18hkiqcg said:
ensett":18hkiqcg said:
2008 all over again

Overdramatic much. Funny, but it only took the 5th reply for someone to already declare the season over.

I think it's pretty reasonable to be concerned with all the injuries we've seen already

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2w7q65o8 said:
Cartire":2w7q65o8 said:
ensett":2w7q65o8 said:
2008 all over again

I think it's pretty reasonable to be concerned with all the injuries we've seen already

I think there's a big difference between worry about injuries and comparisons to a year in which the team went 4-12.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I think the injuries are getting over blown. Don't get me wrong, it sucks to have guys go down, but at the most important positions, nothing.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":24nqmo4a said:
I think the injuries are getting over blown. Don't get me wrong, it sucks to have guys go down, but at the most important positions, nothing.

WR, CB, pass rush doesn't count in the most important positions? Kicker has been good just didnt know he was in the most important list

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":kvvbljro said:

Other than Harvin, none are super serious. As in season ending or long term, mostly just nagging stuff like hammies and groins..........which if properly rested won't be a big deal by week 3 or 4. At which time both Clem and Irvin come back.

Sure it seems like we've been hit hard by injuries already, but I'd rather have the type of injuries we're seeing, AND them happening now rather than in week 12 when we're trying to win the division.

12evanf

Reaction score
Speaking of our injuries, its pretty cool that we're still #1 in the power rankings despite being hobbled. Just think of midseason when our weapons become fully healthy.

Cartire

Reaction score
And its also not like we dont have the same amount of injuries as other teams right now. Every team has these 2 week injuries. Were not the only ones.

Also, this time last year, our week 1 injury report included the likes of

Marshawn Lynch (people didnt even know if he was gonna play)
Golden Tate (he didnt play)
Gregg Scruggs
James Carpenter
Bryon Maxwell
Matt Flynn

-Both Rice and Williams are full participants in practice and expected to play. Rice hasnt really even been injured. He had the knee procedure and was practicing 4 days later.
-Mebane and McDaniels are practicing
-Cliff Avril is practicing
-Browner is practicing

ensett

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3d0ngwgl said:
AbsolutNET":3d0ngwgl said:
Cartire":3d0ngwgl said:

I think there's a big difference between worry about injuries and comparisons to a year in which the team went 4-12.

That team was fairly competitive despite playing 12th string players, the injuries were clearly a huge problem. If we happened to go into a game missing 3/4 of our Dline, I think it's pretty realistic we lose.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
mikeak":1tjjud20 said:
Hawkfan77":1tjjud20 said:

WR, CB, pass rush doesn't count in the most important positions? Kicker has been good just didnt know he was in the most important list
One WR (that we didn't have last year when we went 11-5).

One CB MAYBE (who was suspended for 4 games and we went 4-0 during that span)

The DL is concerning, but it's not like we have no depth there. That might have the deepest area coming into the season.

And so nice of you to put Kicker into your "argument" while neglecting QB...

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
My only injury concern for Sunday is at DT. I'm actually not overly concerned if Avril isn't 100%.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Cartire":2y8uj8b0 said:
And its also not like we dont have the same amount of injuries as other teams right now. Every team has these 2 week injuries. Were not the only ones.

Also, this time last year, our week 1 injury report included the likes of

Marshawn Lynch (people didnt even know if he was gonna play)
Golden Tate (he didnt play)
Gregg Scruggs
James Carpenter
Bryon Maxwell
Matt Flynn

-Both Rice and Williams are full participants in practice and expected to play. Rice hasnt really even been injured. He had the knee procedure and was practicing 4 days later.
-Mebane and McDaniels are practicing
-Cliff Avril is practicing
-Browner is practicing

People should go back and look at our injury reports from last year. Everyone and their mother made an appearance at some point.

Browner was limited in practice. All this means is that took part in less than 100% of a player's normal repetitions.

Just because he is on the injury report doesn't mean he tore his ACL. Hes an older player, they are going to be cautious.

Remember, No NFL player is every truly 100%. It's all relative.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like Pete's light training camp schedule really prevented injuries.... tons of groin and hamstring pulls

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seaswab":taddpt1b said:
Doesn't seem like Pete's light training camp schedule really prevented injuries.... tons of groin and hamstring pulls

Maybe there would have been more injuries, who knows.

Dave Wyman had an interesting conversation a couple weeks ago about this topic. He said he never remembered this many pre-season injuries when he played in the 80's, and they went full pads with two a days for months.

So maybe teams are babying players too much, which contributes to injuries. Personally I think it's the fact that players are just faster, bigger and stronger now, so that not only taxes their own bodies, but creates more violent collisions. Thus more injuries.

Latest posts