Irvin's new weight?

bubbrubb

Reaction score
Curious to know what Irvin's new weight is? i recall him being shifted to OLB because he wasn't "big enough". He came in the league at 248 and its not that hard to put on another 20lbs to be DE size....260-280....maybe thats more a 4-3 tho? Seahawks doing 3-4 right? Hence need for bigger DEs maybe?

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
as a diehard Seahawks fan its hard to argue with Irvin going the easy route with gaining 20lbs . I mean he is suspended for the first 4 games.

OP
OP
bubbrubb

bubbrubb

Reaction score
?? That mean he should put on 20lbs? I only ask because i did 50 in 5 months albeit the less healthy route (still have some McDonald Drive-Thru IOUs), but if he has a paycheque on the line, i'm curious to know why he couldn't down the calories to fill that DE need.

ensett

Reaction score
I don't know what he's at now, but a couple months ago on twitter I believe he said he was at 256. Which would make him bigger than Clemons by about a pound

Hawks46

Reaction score
Look at the picture of him and Clem on the Hawks website from the OTA's.

He looks about 15% larger than Clemons does now. With Irvin, it's all muscle, so I have to guess 260 at least.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
Sure, it's possible to gain another 20 lbs, but you also risk losing speed which is one of the things that sets Irvin apart. I actually like the idea of seeing him play LB. Playing in space will be beneficial to him. The only question is how well he does in coverage in the rare instance he's not blitzing.

Latest posts