"Inside The NFL" just aired, Wilson "miked up" and OMG!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
They showed the NFL Films segment of the game, which was awesome with Russ miked-up, then the round table discussion of Russell Wilson ensued, and took up at least 5 mins of the show. The accolades never let up. Without video to back me up, I can just say it was a Russell Wilson love-fest. Chris Collinsworth, a known Seahawks hater, couldn't say enough nice things about him. He said he was waiting to talk to him, expecting typical cliché's that are normally spouted, but Russell was different... his intelligence stood out to him, and was not your typical NFL QB. Teams say they passed on him for this or that reason, but Seattle took him, and credited Schneider and Carroll. If somebody could post that segment of Inside the NFL, you guys would be blown away at the respect we're getting. They didn't even hardly mention the D, just gushing over Wilson. It. Was. AWESOME! Catch it if you can! God it's a great time to be a Seahawks Fan! Us long-timers are finally getting our reward for all those lean years that we suffered through! Ahhhh.... Good times! GO HAWKS!!!

Basis4day

Reaction score
BlueThunder":34oeljhy said:
They showed the NFL Films segment of the game, which was awesome with Russ miked-up, then the round table discussion of Russell Wilson ensued, and took up at least 5 mins of the show. The accolades never let up. Without video to back me up, I can just say it was a Russell Wilson love-fest. Chris Collinsworth, a known Seahawks hater, couldn't say enough nice things about him. He said he was waiting to talk to him, expecting typical cliché's that are normally spouted, but Russell was different... his intelligence stood out to him, and was not your typical NFL QB. Teams say they passed on him for this or that reason, but Seattle took him, and credited Schneider and Carroll. If somebody could post that segment of Inside the NFL, you guys would be blown away at the respect we're getting. They didn't even hardly mention the D, just gushing over Wilson. It. Was. AWESOME! Catch it if you can! God it's a great time to be a Seahawks Fan! Us long-timers are finally getting our reward for all those lean years that we suffered through! Ahhhh.... Good times! GO HAWKS!!!

Huh? Everything i've read is that he's impressed with the Seahawks. Especially last year saying Russell showed today's audience what it was like to watch Fran Tarkenton.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yes it is fun being a SEAHAWK fan right now. It's incredible to hear commentators that are known to be anti hawkers or anti Pete Carroll people, being forced to acknowledge the SEAHAWKS and the Seahawk staff.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
My impression of Collinsworth goes back a few years. Someone would mention Seattle, and he used to go "pffft, Seattle, whatever". He's come around lately, I'll give him that...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I just watched the man to man thing on nfl network.

I'm not sure if wilson will ever be on the level of the brees, bradys, and mannings of the world but he's pretty damn good and what doesn't show up in his passing stats is the effect a leader and example like that can have on the rest of the team and make them all better in a way that reaching that top tier of passers doesn't.

I sincerely think that by the time he's done he'll be the most famous and recognized athlete in Seattle sports history.

Basis4day

Reaction score
If he hates anyone it's the 49ers from keeping him from winning the Super Bowl.

Basis4day

Reaction score
If he hates anyone it's the 49ers from keeping him from winning the Super Bowl.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
sc85sis":6owwf2yw said:

Actually, they took excerpts from that vid! There were a couple that weren't shown in your spectacular find there, but that was awesome sc85!! Thanks for posting! It was the discussion that ensued after the clips that was pretty unprecedented for us normally suffering Seahawks fans. I'm loving every second of this season so far... Hey, just like every single Seahawks fan 'round the world! WHOOHOO!!!

kearly

Reaction score
Collinsworth is a smart guy. If he was ever down on the Seahawks, they probably deserved it. I thought it was cool that during the 49ers game Collinsworth mentioned the pro-bowl and how he thought Wilson was the best player on that field. I completely agree, and while I understand that the pro-bowl is held to a lower regard than a preseason game, I thought it said a lot that Wilson was outplaying some really great QBs on that field that day. Anyone dumb enough to think Wilson is only good because of his supporting cast should watch that pro-bowl. Or watch him at NC State.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I don't think Collinsworth is a Seahawks hater. He talks them up every time I hear him say anything about us.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2pxpjnai said:
I just watched the man to man thing on nfl network.

I'm not sure if wilson will ever be on the level of the brees, bradys, and mannings of the world but he's pretty damn good and what doesn't show up in his passing stats is the effect a leader and example like that can have on the rest of the team and make them all better in a way that reaching that top tier of passers doesn't.

I sincerely think that by the time he's done he'll be the most famous and recognized athlete in Seattle sports history.
Think Troy Aikman or possibly Fran Tarkington. He will never have the flashy statistics UNLESS the team changes their basic philosophy (kind of like how the 49ers seem to be doing?).

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The Offensive Line seems a little annoyed (from what I can take from body language and facial expression) towards Wilson at times, especially considering if anyone should be angry, it should be Wilson.

I hope Cable opens up the competition a little bit on the Line, I'm sure there are couple youngers players chomping at the bit to go 200% every snap.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2wbtm5ho said:
The Offensive Line seems a little annoyed (from what I can take from body language and facial expression) towards Wilson at times, especially considering if anyone should be angry, it should be Wilson.

I saw "embarrassed" from the O-Line, not so much "annoyed". I saw a prime example of what you meant, just interpret it differently. Right after the sack-fumble by Wilson, on the sidelines, the O-Line guys did look a bit uncomfortable.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
olyfan63":28cokzak said:
Pandion Haliaetus":28cokzak said:

I saw "embarrassed" from the O-Line, not so much "annoyed". I saw a prime example of what you meant, just interpret it differently. Right after the sack-fumble by Wilson, on the sidelines, the O-Line guys did look a bit uncomfortable.

I think it's cause they finally had protection, but it was a blitzer that got past Lynch to get Wilson. Wasn't the OLine's fault, and Wilson still gets hit. Idk though.