Imagine that, Sherm with something negative to say

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
If Sherman was an ex-girlfriend, her # would be blocked on your phone, her email blocked, and blocked on all social media. And then your friends would always be telling you, 'that crazy ex of your's kept sending me texts, asking about you.'

Giphy

Sherm..... dude let it gooooooo.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Popeyejones":v489a9gc said:
Jimjones0384":v489a9gc said:
Also, I don't think Sherm is going to have the kind of success in a different system as here.

If he's not going to have success it won't be because of that. It's the same system, which is why the 9ers went after him within 60 seconds of his release becoming official (not an exaggeration).

That was meant to include personnel,my bad. Kam, earl, ect.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Sherman and Lynch were the heartbeat of that team along with Wilson. If Sherman has something to say about the team and our current status, it should carry quite a bit of weight. He has earned the right to criticize this organization because we do not sniff a SB without him (and not because of the Tip). I am interested in what he has to say and hopefully someone is listening because Sherman knows what it takes to win a SB. He is also a beloved Seahawk and I cannot believe how many people turn on him.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Tical21":15en0h0g said:
Sherman is absolutely, 100% right. They did lose their way. They stopped competing. They infused the team with good guys rather than ruthless winners. They forgot that their brashness and defiance is what made them who they were. They started drafting for role players rather than potential studs. They brought in soft veterans. Pete needed to be an asshole to Sherman a long time ago.
I think it's pretty funny, albeit totally predictable, that people are turning on possibly the most beloved and most Seahawky Seahawk of the era.
This
Sherm could burn a 12 flag in my living room and I still could not stop loving the guy. Hof’er

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
adeltaY":3ftctp64 said:
Cyrus12":3ftctp64 said:
Cant wait for the 30 for 30 on 49...

Oh yeah, I'm glad Sherm brought that up too. It'll be craaaazy

Itll be pretty exciting to see. However itll be mostly this:

Pete babied Russ and never put the blame on the offense like he did the defense. The hawks organization wanted russ as the face of the franchise and not beastmode or loud mouth D. Thats the main reason we passed the ball instead of running the ball.

Alot of criticism towards pete, russ and very minimal to cable and bevell.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2o08zy03 said:
adeltaY":2o08zy03 said:
Cyrus12":2o08zy03 said:
Cant wait for the 30 for 30 on 49...

Oh yeah, I'm glad Sherm brought that up too. It'll be craaaazy

Itll be pretty exciting to see. However itll be mostly this:

Pete babied Russ and never put the blame on the offense like he did the defense. The hawks organization wanted russ as the face of the franchise and not beastmode or loud mouth D. Thats the main reason we passed the ball instead of running the ball.

Alot of criticism towards pete, russ and very minimal to cable and bevell.

IDK man, hopefully they will get many different perspectives and I think the topic will draw out conflicting views from different players and coaches. I really think it might end up being one of the most incisive sports documentaries ever. I think some players will share the view you detailed above, some will stay middle of the road, some will maybe even blame the defense for giving up the lead. I'm sure someone's gonna rag on Bev for the playcall too. Wonder how long we will have to wait for it? 10 more years?

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's made a lot of mistakes and has no room to talk. Time to move on Sherman. If you hadn't been such a me first douche But you wanted to blame anyone and everyone except yourself.

Every team makes mistakes, it's part of the process. This team has a lot of talent, and has had a lot of success, and will continue to have success. It's time to get rid of the old mouthy players, and get back to the young productive players.

And we've done just fine without Tate who did nothing for several years, then when the team won a Superbowl, he wanted to point at the name on his jersey as if it was all him. He was only a small part of it, as we have seen since his departure. Besides, Detroit is good for him, they are a throwing team so he can get his numbers and get paid. Me, I prefer Playoff Wins.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agree with many of the sentiments in this thread. Goodness Sherman, just move on. I know how hard it is to keep quiet and I get that there's a lot of emotional investment in a team you won a Super Bowl with, almost winning another back-to-back, and was part of what will be considered historically one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen.

Personally, I would save the retrospective discussions for post career. Not when you are still active in the NFL, playing for a divisional rival no less. But meh. I am overall just apathetic over this non-story, really. He didn't offer up any locker room material, he didn't stir up a verbal low blow...Just Sherman being Sherman.

The way I see it is this is a future Hall of Famer who gave his best years to us. For that reason alone I will always love the guy, regardless of what he says post-Seahawks career. We all know he will one day be in the Ring of Honor and a celebrated SEAHAWK alumni, not a 49er alumni. He's family.

I am so over looking back. I am completely focused on the NOW and what lies ahead which to me is nothing but very good things.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I don't think Sherman in his heart ever wanted to leave the Hawks. As much has he'd say "it's just a business," what this team had at its peak was magical and I know he loves and misses that.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
You can’t sustain success with a running back or a defense without shuffling personnel. . The only way to win year over year is with a franchise QB.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I like how people are defending Sherm by saying he’s only speaking the truth and it’s what us fans have been saying this whole time. No **** it’s the truth but as a former player for the team, who drafted you, made you rich, gave you the opportunity to blossom into a superstar, and win a Super Bowl, how hard is it to just say “no comment” when asked your opinion about Seattle?

Like some posters have already mentioned, he sounds like a bitter ex girlfriend who just can’t let it go. Man I hope SF crashes and burns this year with all their hype.

chris98251

Reaction score
I see Sherman as Jerry Rice coming to the Seahawks, maybe with a little more in the tank but very similar.

Steve2222

Reaction score
chris98251":337ei3qh said:
I see Sherman as Jerry Rice coming to the Seahawks, maybe with a little more in the tank but very similar.

Bad comparison. Rice had zero left in the tank when he came here. Sherman still has juice left. All Pro Sherman is however done.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Steve2222":1rcnu6bl said:
I like how people are defending Sherm by saying he’s only speaking the truth and it’s what us fans have been saying this whole time. No **** it’s the truth but as a former player for the team, who drafted you, made you rich, gave you the opportunity to blossom into a superstar, and win a Super Bowl, how hard is it to just say “no comment” when asked your opinion about Seattle?

Like some posters have already mentioned, he sounds like a bitter ex girlfriend who just can’t let it go. Man I hope SF crashes and burns this year with all their hype.

I disagree that players should just say no comment and move on. I don't think it's bad if they do, but if a guy wants to explain why he feels a certain way then I don't see why he shouldn't be able to. It makes the league a lot more interesting if guys are open and honest and Sherman didn't specifically call out a person, rather he made a comment about the team as a whole.

Tical21

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":jfr3ej2p said:
Tical21":jfr3ej2p said:
Sherman is absolutely, 100% right. They did lose their way. They stopped competing. They infused the team with good guys rather than ruthless winners. They forgot that their brashness and defiance is what made them who they were. They started drafting for role players rather than potential studs. They brought in soft veterans.

And none of it resulted in a non-winning season until they signed a bad kicker and lost a promising starting RB to injury.

People here are so desperate to pin our struggles to a single correctable philosophy because it makes them feel better about our chances to rebuild. Unfortunately, the result is a lot of mis-pinnings. Truth is, a lot of NFL teams lose out on the Super Bowl due to factors outside their control (injury, lucky bounces) and respectable gambles that went south. It's not easily fixed.

Folks falling back on the "stopped competing" crap are wrong. Sherman is wrong. The team did not suffer through three losing seasons after The Play because of Bevell and a pack of big contracts. We were winning and firmly in contention the entire time, until 2017 when injury and a bad kicker killed us. There was no major glaring problem to fix until that happened.

That's falsifiable and quantifiable. Sherm's comments aren't. Let's see if he can go on backing his words up without his youth and health, or Earl and Kam.
They had the most talented roster in the league for what, 4-5 years? Usually, by far. Did they play like it?

Yes, they stopped competing. They started offering contracts to guys they "liked"...nice guys who had no business in prominent roles for a contending team for as long as they had them. If they had maintained their "always compete" philosophy, those guys would have been on down the road.

If you have been watching this team the past few years and haven't recognized glaring problems, I'm not sure what you're watching.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Why are we talking in the main forum about a player no longer with the team?

I get it—he’s upset. Too bad for him. Great player in a lot of ways, but he put himself ahead of the team with his very public antics.

Good luck, Richard. Focus on your new team now.