I'm looking to Pat McPherson for that big Red Zone Receiver

Jville

Reaction score
Tight end coach Pat McPherson did a heck of a job with the tight ends last year.

Outside of an in season ankle sprain, rookie Luke Wilson showed steady improvement. Cooper Helfet didn't make the regular roster. But, his level of play did take a big leap forward. Kansas City thought so much of the job McPherson did with Sean McGrath, they claimed him when the Seahawks attempted to slip him onto the practice squad.

I've been enthusiastic about the possibility of Seattle carrying a 4th tight end on the roster since this time last year .... prior to the Anthony McCoy injury. The additions of Chase Dixon and Rashaun Allen fuel my enthusiasm for the addition of a red zone receiver from the ranks of the tight ends.

I think Seattle is signaling a little bit of retooling for the offense this year. And, I think there is some expanding evidence of change. The wide receiver corp will see more competition this year for their 6th roster spot ..... and the tight end group should make a strong case.

Danny Kelly, over at field gulls, has a nice write up here >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-offseason-2014/2014/6/2/5772560/seahawks-jermichael-finley-free-agents-nfl[/urltargetblank]

USATSI 7421622